Twitter: Tyron Smith added to injury report

starfan1

Reaction score
Maybe to you but clearly the Cowboys disagree.
BDC does the OL depth not concern you at all?
Our left side is going into sundays game hurt.
They say it’s minor with both of them but trusting this cowboys medical staff is a bit problematic for me

I really hope bass and Richards pans out as I feel this line will be our undoing

Carson

Reaction score
I've been saying this for a while. I wonder what the hold up is.

That said, I expect Tyron Smith will have a good year actually. JMO.
Veteran contacts aren’t guaranteed after week 1. This is likely the hold up.

817Gill

Reaction score
This place has gotten toxic as hell. It’s not even worth coming here for updates anymore. So many disrespectful “hot takes” from fake fans. Tyron Smith is one of the best to ever play for this franchise and so-called fans feel like they have the right to complain about him and everything else they don’t like about the team under the guise of “free speech” and “telling it like it is”. It’s unbearable.

This place used to be my refuge. It’s different now and that makes me sad. But no I’m not going anywhere. Kick rocks if you even think about typing that nonsense.
Definitely gotten worse with the silly hyperbolic takes

Plankton

Reaction score
Veteran contacts aren’t guaranteed after week 1. This is likely the hold up.
Problem with Peters is that he doesn't keep himself in the best of shape. Even if they signed him after Week 1, he would probably need 4 weeks to get into any semblance of playing condition.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This place has gotten toxic as hell. It’s not even worth coming here for updates anymore. So many disrespectful “hot takes” from fake fans. Tyron Smith is one of the best to ever play for this franchise and so-called fans feel like they have the right to complain about him and everything else they don’t like about the team under the guise of “free speech” and “telling it like it is”. It’s unbearable.

This place used to be my refuge. It’s different now and that makes me sad. But no I’m not going anywhere. Kick rocks if you even think about typing that nonsense.
Step off the ledge.

A football forum shouldn’t be your “refuge.”

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The whole league is in the same boat.
Not really; many teams have front offices that are managed by long-time professional football people, rather than a family of owners posing as pros. If it weren't for Will McClay, the Dallas Cowboys' management would be in even more serious disarray.

Last edited:

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
What's most concerning to me is who gets to decide who the "bad people" are and what forms of speech are considered "bad things" to say. Disagreement and otherwise altering points of view should never be characterized as bad people saying bad things.
Agreed. Who will guard the guards? So since we will never - and should never - be able to answer that question conclusively, we allow free expression unless it causes harm. Of course, on a private board we have the illusion of free expression. But as long as it's related to the Cowboys and not harmful, why complain about someone else's point of view? Or their right to have it? Or how many times they express it? I'm not talking about a "this again?" post, I'm talking about the people who maintain it's the end of football as we know it if Dak is criticized or people are critical. This was true with Romo. I get the desire and need to feel you we "belong" to something...but places where you can demand or expect uniformity are the armed services, congregations and fan forums. If you're going to allow differing point of views - but then chastise people for expressing an opinion you don't share or like - how is that "free" or even honest expression?

BTW, this is not a shot at the mods...I only know the identify of one moderator! I've just noticed an incessant amount of whining because someone said they don't like Dak again. I would rather move on from Dak, but I live and die on Sundays with him. Doesn't make me a hater. My opinion is open to criticism as well. I thought that's why we were here!

stiletto

Reaction score
Agreed. Who will guard the guards? So since we will never - and should never - be able to answer that question conclusively, we allow free expression unless it causes harm. Of course, on a private board we have the illusion of free expression. But as long as it's related to the Cowboys and not harmful, why complain about someone else's point of view? Or their right to have it? Or how many times they express it? I'm not talking about a "this again?" post, I'm talking about the people who maintain it's the end of football as we know it if Dak is criticized or people are critical. This was true with Romo. I get the desire and need to feel you we "belong" to something...but places where you can demand or expect uniformity are the armed services, congregations and fan forums. If you're going to allow differing point of views - but then chastise people for expressing an opinion you don't share or like - how is that "free" or even honest expression?

BTW, this is not a shot at the mods...I only know the identify of one moderator! I've just noticed an incessant amount of whining because someone said they don't like Dak again. I would rather move on from Dak, but I live and die on Sundays with him. Doesn't make me a hater. My opinion is open to criticism as well. I thought that's why we were here!
There's members of the same old crowds, you have Jhalp's and XNAVY's all over. Thorough hate (Anyone But Dak) and thorough love for a player. Pollyanna's and Chicken Little's persist, it is what it is. Can't escape it.

I kind of sit on the "well, it's Dak until they find/luck into better". Yet I am called a Dak lover. Not true, just don't want to go back to Jerry trying to find his Donovan McNabb (Quincy) or what he thinks is the next Mahomes. It's kind of a nightmare to think about really. I guess for me there needs to be an a viable solution to replace Dak or back to purgatory we probably go. Hopefully it is Lance but I don't know about that yet. Need to see more there.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
Parsons needs to take it easy on him in practice lol. Tyron is no spring chicken no more lol.

Carson

Reaction score
Problem with Peters is that he doesn't keep himself in the best of shape. Even if they signed him after Week 1, he would probably need 4 weeks to get into any semblance of playing condition.
Exactly.

That is why when people said sign him last week, he wouldn’t be ready week 1. He should have been signed last week, put on the practice squad and been getting game ready.

shabazz

Reaction score
Step off the ledge.

A football forum shouldn’t be your “refuge.”
Or a safe space , that are triggered at every little thing spoken word here that isn’t positive.

Why should anybody have to spin a positive narrative about a player that is injured EVERY year.

so much sensitivity. No wonder each new generation has lower T than the previous.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

:clap::clap:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Or a safe space , that are triggered at every little thing spoken word here that isn’t positive.

Why should anybody have to spin a positive narrative about a player that is injured EVERY year.

so much sensitivity. No wonder each new generation has lower T than the previous.
oh crap, I thought you were getting ready to talk grass mowing. LOL.....

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
There's members of the same old crowds, you have Jhalp's and XNAVY's all over. Thorough hate (Anyone But Dak) and thorough love for a player. Pollyanna's and Chicken Little's persist, it is what it is. Can't escape it.

I kind of sit on the "well, it's Dak until they find/luck into better". Yet I am called a Dak lover. Not true, just don't want to go back to Jerry trying to find his Donovan McNabb (Quincy) or what he thinks is the next Mahomes. It's kind of a nightmare to think about really. I guess for me there needs to be an a viable solution to replace Dak or back to purgatory we probably go. Hopefully it is Lance but I don't know about that yet. Need to see more there.
Love this insight because we all experience and process wins/losses differently. For example, if you are a Cowboys fan in NY and Dak has beaten the Giants 10 straight times...my goodness...the ability to show your face around the hostility will make you worship Dak. If you are a child of the Aikman days...you will always feel half-empty with Dak. Roger Staubach? I can see where Dak has some Cap in him...but he ain't Captain America. So I can understand why certain fans might feel an attachment for Dak given what they care about. I care about Championships and I come from the Darth Vader/Emperor Palpatine talent management school. Grew in the Tom Landry, but Jimmy is my favorite Cowboys coach. For me Mike McCarthy is FF IV...and you know what FF stands for!!! :)

And yeah, this is why the Trey Lance trade gave me a shot of life. It is hell when you are stuck in a marriage with someone you don't love. Getting out is too painful, but the day-to-day is also painful. Oh wait...who's your sidepiece? LOL

McKDaddy

Reaction score
We really drafted Luke Schoonmaker over O’cyrus Torrence :lmao2::lmao2:

Our run blocking wouldve been absurd with this lineup

Tyler Smith Torrence Biadasz Martin Steele

:banghead:
I understand that teams can favor schemes and that influences your personnel preferences BUT I have a really hard time understanding why maybe player availability couldn't also dictate your scheme choices. First & foremost, I prefer the guy who can take care of the guy(s) in front of him. O'CT can do that. He can get to the second level. Ok, maybe you don't want him to be a pulling G, fine. How bout we just run it downhill behind him & Tyler? Let TB or Steele do the pulling. Schoon may make us forget this as time passes but I would have been dancing my way to the podium with O'CT still on the board.