Twitter: Tyron Smith allowed 0 pressures

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Don't think anybody's questioned his ability when he's healthy. He's literally one of the all-time great OT's in this history it this league for a reason. It's just his ability to stay healthy that is the problem. With that said, this is why you hang onto him. When he's on the field, he's still elite. And you need depth at every position in the NFL anyways, especially in the trenches.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We all know why they stick with him but

The best ability is availability. This needs to be his last year here
The dilemma with that though is I ask myself what are the chances of them finding a left tackle his level in free agency next year? They had it right. Draft Tyler Smith and have him waiting in the wings but while waiting in the wings they found out he was a stud guard and now he's stuck there. Which I don't get.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

And now why even tho fans are tired of him, this is why the team keeps him on..

Yeah I will never understand the vitriol for Tyron. Dude has given his all for this team. In addition to giving up his body he has signed below market team friendly contracts multiple times. And oh by the way, when he plays he's among the absolute best in the business. Trent Williams misses at least as many games I believe and nobody in 49er land is calling for them to cut him that I can see. THis fan base is embarrassingly stupid at times.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The dilemma with that though is I ask myself what are the chances of them finding a left tackle his level in free agency next year? They had it right. Draft Tyler Smith and have him waiting in the wings but while waiting in the wings they found out he was a stud guard and now he's stuck there. Which I don't get.
Draft. This one is loaded with Tackles

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He was awesome. People here are dumb.

Plan for the future but you don’t just discard a good player when you have garbage elsewhere.
Not only that but a loyal good player to. I saw him dominating some guys had them on the ground flailing their arms like a dolphin.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
He's injured a lot, when he's not he's the best lineman we have. I watched numerous plays where he had his guy LAYING on the ground as he stood over top of him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We need either Steele to heal up and go back to being what we payed for or get another RT. Does any of our draft picks play RT.

75boyz

Reaction score
I can't figure out who the real offensive line experts are.
There's these kind of reports on Tyron and other positive individual reports to include high PFF ranks as individuals as well as positive group rankings.

But then I read all the Cowboy Zone offensive line coaches here criticizing their performance individually and as a group.

Who to believe? smh

Ya think just maybe McCarthy, Schott and Solari are failing this unit maybe or did all 5 of them just all of a sudden forget how to block and the running back forgot how to run behind them.

Yeah,
I think there might be a coaching issue.
Just maybe.
Cuz these coaches ain't got a clue on how to make an effective run game plan.
Absolutely pathetic coaching.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Tyron is still a good player, but concerned about Steele. That may be the worst roster contract right now.

morat1959

Reaction score
Whoop de do! Just another participation trophy. Stop looking for small victories. It’s been 28 years!

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
I can't figure out who the real offensive line experts are.
There's these kind of reports on Tyron and other positive individual reports to include high PFF ranks as individuals as well as positive group rankings.

But then I read all the Cowboy Zone offensive line coaches here criticizing their performance individually and as a group.

Who to believe? smh

Ya think just maybe McCarthy, Schott and Solari are failing this unit maybe or did all 5 of them just all of a sudden forget how to block and the running back forgot how to run behind them.

Yeah,
I think there might be a coaching issue.
Just maybe.
Cuz these coaches ain't got a clue on how to make an effective run game plan.
Absolutely pathetic coaching.
The only bad one is Steele