Twitter: Tyron Smith dealing with bone spur

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
question is with a bone spur is this something that can improve with extra rest or is it just pain management until surgery?

Not in my case.

I wonder where it's located. I just had my heel spur that was under my Achilles, which is the worst spot to have a bone spur, removed because the pain was too much. He's a lot bigger man that I am so I can understand why he wasn't in there. Every time I stepped on my left foot it felt like fire running up my leg. It's been almost a year since having it removed and it's still not right. I don't think it will go away with rest or PT because mine didn't. I'm sure he'll be getting injections from here on out until the season ends.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It'd take about 6-8 weeks to recover if he got it cleaned up. Would be back for playoffs, maybe last game to knock some rust off.

Bone spurs won't heal on their own. We've seen a banged up Tyron be a liability...might need to get it handled now.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I suppose it depends on how and the pain is.

This is kind of a good thing. It’s better than ligament damage.

it means now they know why he has pain, and as long as he can manage the pain he can play.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Anyone know if there's any way to clean that up without him missing the rest of the season?

Playoffs start in ten weeks or so.

What's the recovery time?