Twitter: Tyron Smith dealing with bone spur

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bone spur likely 2 to 3 weeks if he has procedure done now.
Didn't Bradley Chubb have this done recently and he's still not back. My guess is 2-3 weeks would be a pretty quick turn around to be back on the field.

Reactions: BAT

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well if that's true I would no doubt get it done now.

He can return after the 10 days after the Saints game....which would be 5 weeks.

Recovery can vary depending on where the spur is located.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I would rather him get it fixed now and be good for the playoffs. It typically takes 3-4 games before he gets hurt and that's all we would need him for

RoboQB

Reaction score
I hear that vinegar works to relieve the pain.
Order Tyron a bushel of crabs, some boardwalk fries
and a case of vinegar. He should be fine... lol

Doomsday101

Reaction score
guys kill me with this stuff.

I agree. This is a violent sports and as an O lineman you are doing battle with some big studs out there, your getting players rolling up on the back of your lower leg and as most know knees are designed to bend one way. No matter how tough a player is, injuries will happen and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.

Carson

Reaction score
Yeah 10 years in the NFL will do that, man has had to play through a lot of pain which would put the avg message board person on their butts for months.
Nobody is saying they can do what Smith does.

But being durable isn’t his strong suit

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Nobody is saying they can do what Smith does.

But being durable isn’t his strong suit

The position does not allow much in terms of durability but as they go Tyron is one of the tops in the league.

Reactions: BAT

blueblood70

Reaction score
It amazes me a guy built like that is so fragile.

Then you have the tub of goo guys who never miss a snap
its called a violent sport of repetitive motion ie wear and tear on mileage..

name me one of ours current OL that hasnt missed snap the last 3 seasons..

there are none

TS many games missed
LC many many games missed
Biadsz many games missed his rookie year ie young guy.
Cwill- 2018 blown acl many games missed
Martin 2020 2-3 games missed?
Steele believe he missed game or so last year over a ding
Mcgovern remember maybe his rookie year meaning young man all fresh missed many games if not is entire rookie season

now the rest of the offense

Dak missed most of last season, most of preseason, and now one Rs game in 2021
Zeke one game missed due to injury last year his entire career

AC many snaps missed and more then few games
Gallup- been out many games
Jarwin -most of last year OUT
Shultz not sure but i bet we find game missed

Lamb-only guy i can think of out of al our starters who may not missed game yet over injury..

should i go to Defense or will you just admit you are over judging player that plays rough sport and like his peers they miss snaps..miss games

I mean i can go to the defense because there are MANY some still on IR soem just getting off

75boyz

Reaction score
My original opinion on this year's team having success or not centered on Smith and Collins full season health.

Since then,
Steele served me up a delicious medium well crow burger as I was a total non believer in his abilities prior to this year's regular season performance.

I think I may need lots more than reassurance on Nysekhe as the swing tackle to depend on if Smith goes down.
More like a miracle.

Something always...
Always pulls me back into my pessimistic perspective. Pisses me off. I had a really good feeling about this team.

Now I'm back to thinking the offense is on borrowed time til Smith goes out for good.

Sorry, it's just all the losing has conditioned me to always expect the worst rather than hope for the best.

Well, I will just continue to hope they can find a way this year to keep things going if/when Smith goes out. This year's team has managed to disprove most of my preconceived opinions about them so far.

I want more crow.

jmo

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You’re right, however with Tyron it’s a bone spur today, neck tomorrow, back surgery etc

love the guy, HoFer for sure, but Tyron can’t ever give us a full season

You will not find many who can go full season without some injury. Larry Allen went through seasons where he did not play 16 games. OL injuries will happen and maybe you don't get a full 17 but if you can get the majority of games with him playing it benefits this team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It amazes me a guy built like that is so fragile.

Then you have the tub of goo guys who never miss a snap
LTs take a lot of body punishment with constant hits from DEs that are trying to take their head off. It's tough position and Smith has.been at it for over 10 years...wear and tear of lifetime of football