Tyron Smith has missed 3 games in the each of the last 2 seasons

Eddie

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't need to rebuild. They need more talent added. Being one of the youngest teams in the NFL, I think second youngest. Folks don't want to believe but this team just needs a few more pieces, they have had back to back winning seasons for the first time in over 20 years.

We may be one of the youngest but we're the WORST cap space in the NFL.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
How many games did Romo miss? But yet they held on to him until Dak.
Let's get rid of every player than misses on average 3 games per year.
Sean lee would be one to go for sure.

You seem to be missing the point here and thinking this is apples to apples.

Romo was a franchise QB.

Sean Lee's average salary is 7 million dollars a year, which for a player of his abilities and at his position, isn't cost prohibitive.

Tyron Smith averages 12.2 million, nearly double...

Going further, you probably wouldn't get much for Sean Lee (especially in the past) whereas you might be able to get something for Tyron Smith.

I hope I've been able to break this down for you.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
So we can watch this team trot Chaz Green back out there to give up his QB's soul, game after game?
I don't hold out hope this team will find a proper replacement for a good 3 years. Maybe more...

Have at it though.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You seem to be missing the point here and thinking this is apples to apples.

Romo was a franchise QB.

Sean Lee's average salary is 7 million dollars a year, which for a player of his abilities and at his position, isn't cost prohibitive.

Tyron Smith averages 12.2 million, nearly double...

Going further, you probably wouldn't get much for Sean Lee (especially in the past) whereas you might be able to get something for Tyron Smith.

I hope I've been able to break this down for you.

No you did not, as it was you that missed the point.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The fact that you have to go to the extreme with hyperbole suggests you know your argument has no merit...

Oh, quite the contrary, I think the question of why a team would trade draft picks and take on a long term contract for a player you think is chronically injured and only going to get worse, is a completely legit question.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Oh, quite the contrary, I think the question of why a team would trade draft picks and take on a long term contract for a player you think is chronically injured and only going to get worse, is a completely legit question.

His contract is very affordable and he is one of if not the best LTs in the league...