Twitter: Tyron Smith likely out for Sunday

John813

Reaction score
Guess what position were drafting in the first round in 2022

Penning or Cross for me, if they fall that far.

Penning is a nasty mean Tackle. A bit stiff but I think a year or so with Philbin will get him close to a full time starter.
6'7, 330, 34-7/8" arms and 625lb squat

Cross is a Redshirt Sophomore and is probably the most athletic OT in the draft. Not a complete prospect like Neal but like Penning a year of development can do wonders. A bit lean at 305lb but not worried.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

This reason right here is why the folks pining on trading Collins these last few weeks needed to slow their roll. Smith is a freak of nature when healthy, but this will be his sixth straight season he has missed games.

Reactions: BAT

Jipper

Reaction score
Penning or Cross for me, if they fall that far.

Penning is a nasty mean Tackle. A bit stiff but I think a year or so with Philbin will get him close to a full time starter.
6'7, 330, 34-7/8" arms and 625lb squat

Cross is a Redshirt Sophomore and is probably the most athletic OT in the draft. Not a complete prospect like Neal but like Penning a year of development can do wonders. A bit lean at 305lb but not worried.

its time to be ready to transistion...he may have a year or so more before he really breaks down, maybe its already happening, but the FO cant ignore it anymore

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If we are not prepared to play without Smith then we are clearly fools. Go to plan B and move on.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think I like what the Cowboys have decided to do with LT while Tyron is out and we aren't sure how mobile Dak will be

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't think I like what the Cowboys have decided to do with LT while Tyron is out and we aren't sure how mobile Dak will be

We have to remember Collins hasn't played LT since he was at LSU in 2014. Steele got plenty of reps there throughout training camp. So it makes the most sense to just flip Steele out there for one game (and probably give him some help with a TE) instead of asking Collins to play in a spot he hasn't been at in seven years.

Praxit

Reaction score
..im not surprised. Let the guy rest. Big games eventually coming up.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This reason right here is why the folks pining on trading Collins these last few weeks needed to slow their roll. Smith is a freak of nature when healthy, but this will be his sixth straight season he has missed games.

Never was for trading Collins. Wouldn't have minded us trading Williams. But I'm also good with having depth in case of situations like this one. We've gone a lot of years not having adequate depth.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Steele and Williams on the left side(blindside) of our O-line is a questionable decision, and then there is Dak maybe being less mobile. I'm concerned. :(