Twitter: Tyron Smith likely out for Sunday

glimmerman

Reaction score
That's a good point. I don't see the need to play Dak even if he could. I want Cooper Rush to get more experience and build more confidence. Putting a less mobile Dak Prescott on the field with a less protected blindside just sounds like a recipe for disaster, to me. How am I wrong there?
Probly something they are talking about now. Or have to put Elliot or someone on that side to help. But whomever took over for Tyron last week did a descent job.

J-man

Reaction score
I’m starting to feel the same. If we can guarantee he would be back in a month.

I'm asking because I don't know.
Does he need surgery? Is rest good enough for a spur? Could this linger and flare up again without surgery?

conner01

Reaction score
I wonder if they give Steele a shot at left tackle and put Collins back in on the right side?
I’d do the opposite
Collins would be getting reps today at LT
Steele is playing well and has lots less playing time than Collins
I think Collins prefers the left side anyway and it would keep Steele where he’s comfortable

conner01

Reaction score
Seems to me that also means he either isn't having surgery or is just undecided until tomorrow. Personally, I would suggest they just do the surgery and rest him for November. He's more important in December than he is right now.
It’s a fairly minor surgery depending on where the spur is
I don’t think he’d miss more than a couple weeks if it’s easy to get too
But I’d have Collins at LT today and if he looked comfortable I’d send smith to the operating room tomorrow and get it done

J-man

Reaction score
IMHO, with Collins just coming back from a 6 game hiatus, I think it's safer to play him at LT. Reason being, he practiced last week so he got some football reps in, he'll have all week to practice on the left side, and if he would happen to go down with a soft tissue injury; as can happen easily when a player hasn't played in awhile; than it's better for Steele to stay where he's been and for Nsekhe to come off the bench as he's used too as well. Imagine if you move Steele and then Collins goes out. You'd have to reshuffle again mid-game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d do the opposite
Collins would be getting reps today at LT
Steele is playing well and has lots less playing time than Collins
I think Collins prefers the left side anyway and it would keep Steele where he’s comfortable

I thought that Steele got left tackle reps in the preseason.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Its ok . Rest up big fellow. It is however, past time to look LT in the 2022 draft.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’ve read that surgery is the only thing that will rid him of the issues.

I don’t think anything is going to rid him of his injury issues. If it’s not one thing it’s another. We had a big discussion about him just prior to the season. We all knew he was going to miss games this season. it wasn’t if he would miss games it was how many. His biggest negative has been his availability. He can’t be depended on for a full season.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
We should draft a LT in the 2nd-5th round even though Steele looks great as a swing tackle, we drafted Josh Ball who is on a redshirt year and the player will sit behind Tyron Smith, Collins and Steele anyway for at least 2 seasons.

Nah fam I'd rather go get an impact player who is pushing to start in the first season in the 2nd. We have depth at tackle designed specifically for this scenario.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Why are people talking about Smith needing to have surgery so he should just get it? Did I miss an announcement?

not being a wise ***, I’m serious

Plankton

Reaction score
"We'd rather they find out when they find out"...YES! Remember when we had a coach that would do all but give our playbook to the opponents before the game?

dal_a_jones_1296x729.jpg

In unison:

Hold my beer....

Carson

Reaction score
Why are people talking about Smith needing to have surgery so he should just get it? Did I miss an announcement?

not being a wise ***, I’m serious
It was announced he has bone spurs. This isn’t something that will heal itself over time. Guys like Chubb and DeCastro have played / attempted it and it only got worse.

Their saying he should get the surgery now, rest up and be ready in December