Twitter: Tyron Smith might be done for the season

blueblood70

Reaction score
the fact that hes only been in two gam and not 100% this for this season isnt as big a deal as in years past as Knight is a decent replacement and already been playing..im sure one of those other tackles like Mills will be worked in because Steele isnt the issue..

KM needs to understand the deficiencies and stop having out offense and Dak drop back 50times agame with weak tackle play..its been an issue ive been yelling from the rooftops about and the fact they been using Zeke lie FB and inthe game nearly 90% of the snaps is dumbfounding.. hes a blue chip Tail back not to be confused with a FB.. Pollard and Zeke need a larger part of the gamelan ie well designed run plays vs hey just take the ball afew times and then pass 15 times in row,,

not great for TOP turnovers and for our defense ..

realty has to set in , stop calling plays like we have TS and LC at the corners..

when you do pass, pull zeke out more to rest and get a dang FB in to block and chip, i know hes good at it but you are wearing out a Good player to makeup for all the pass happy playcalling and then just throw some runs in for good measure..lmao

KM better wake up IMHO hes got to grow up learn how to call a better run game inside his pass happy game plans.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I don't think a lot of you understand the power of modern medicine. Even if Tyron shuts it down for the rest of this season, they could perform surgery on his neck and/or back and he could play 3-4 more years. Moose did.. Peyton Manning did... I'm sure there are others.. and the techniques have likely advanced even beyond what they were doing a decade ago. The smart thing to do would be for Tyron to see the best expert in the business, find out exactly what's going on up there, get the surgery, take the rest of the year off from banging into large men and then come back and see if it's all better next year. Then if he still has injuries.. call it a career.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
It’s been time to move on from him for a few years now. If this front office doesn’t see the writing on the wall there really is no hope......

So I expect to see Tyron on the active roster next year and penciled in as a starter without a replacement.

Sydla

Reaction score
Good to see the Cowboys have been on top of this.

perrykemp

Reaction score
This^^^^^ the fact they're using the word correctable mean fans can shut down ANY talk of moving on from him. My guess is they will draft a mid-low level developmental type LT.

Tyron is an old 29. Seemingly he has been slowly breaking down over the past 3-4 years.

I lean towards drafting a replacement higher than mid-round.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Man, the injury hits keep on coming. Hopefully we can duct tape a line together that develops well enough to keep our offense potent with some decent continuity and chemistry that will keep us in the division race. Glad our division is trash.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboy lover-- on one side i agree and on another i am hoping some how some way we can turn this season around.....weirder things have happened?

Yep. Imma gonna hang in there too. I love a good "pickup yourself up by the bootstraps" success story.

Lot of adversity this year. I will continue to cheer on and support my Cowboys.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
The worst part is we continue to kick the can on his contract down the line. I believe he’s under contract until 20204
Yep, just painful and yet many have been saying for at least three seasons to draft his understudy. So now we ride with not one, but two UDFA!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Tyron is an old 29. Seemingly he has been slowly breaking down over the past 3-4 years.

I lean towards drafting a replacement higher than mid-round.

Me too but I don't think Jerry will. ? As a rule, they will not plan 2-3 years ahead for his replacement but go cold turkey when he's officially done.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Idiots , he said it’s something that he’s been dealing with for a while that’s correctable. So he could have had surgery already to correct it.
Just because it is correctable doesn't mean it should be taken lightly. Tyron is tough as nails and was able to play through the excruciating pain for 75% of the games over the last 3 years. I also have the same condition in my neck and can attest that when it flares up it's hard to walk let alone play football. The fact that dude suited up as often as he did and played as well as he did with it is a minor miracle. My doctor told me it would take surgery to correct mine otherwise I could expect to deal with it the rest of my life. I may not be as tough as Tyron but I also don't have to wrestle 300 pound men for a living. I sit at a desk. I can do that even while dealing with stabbing pain and tingling in my fingers and such. I wish him the best and I hope he is able to get back to full health, whether he plays another down of football.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I am hoping this surgery takes care of his issue long-term. I don't think he can play 16 games a season from now on but he is still a Top-10 LT when on the field (although maybe not Top-5 anymore). I would not get rid of him yet just for the sake of it. Moving forward, they will have to do some Load Management with him like they do in the NBA.

There is also no guarantee that they can find a suitable replacement via the draft. Remember before Tyron there was Jacob Rogers, James Marten, and Robert Brewster drafted. This is a good situation for now - play Brandon Knight, see what he's got. Hopefully he can be a cheap swing tackle for the future who can fill in a few games a year so that we still get a serviceable Tyron for 12 games a season.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Idiots , he said it’s something that he’s been dealing with for a while that’s correctable. So he could have had surgery already to correct it.
It's a double edged sword

End of season surgery would mean he wouldn't be ready for the next. It takes a early to mid-season surgery like this scenario to be fully ready for next year

Tyron and the franchise chose to tough it out because they thought they were in a winning window from 2016 to 19

Tyron is unfairly going to get ridiculed either way. He avoids his surgery and toughs it out and fans bash him for lingering on. If he gets the surgery and misses 8+ games in 2017 or 2018 and the fans will cry that Tyron is ruining everybody's peak and the cowboys window is crushed because of him