Twitter: Tyron Smith nearing return to practice

Proof

Reaction score
So now Stephen is sizing up players in the shower like his old man?

Fortunately we'll have a solid 60 years of cringy Jones ownership at the very least. That should all but run out my lifetime.

If I saw Tyron in the gym shower I'd probably take a peek too :laugh:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think last year's version of Tyron when we played San Francisco was possibly not the best version of him. There are times when a player is less than 100% isn't actually that version. I think that could well have been one of those times. Hopefully, we'll have the best version of Tyron for the rest of 2022, and maybe into 2023. if that happens, no telling how far this team would go. Let's keep our hopes up for that to be the case. Let's hope for such good luck to come our way, this time around. Every once in a while, good fortune smiles upon a team that needs it the most -- so, why not ours? ;)

Last edited:

Jipper

Reaction score
I think last year's version of Tyron when we play San Francisco was likely not the best version of him. There are times when a player is less than 100% isn't normally that version. I think that might well have been one of those times. Hopefully, we'll have the best version of Tyron for the rest of 2022, and maybe into 2023. if that happens, no telling how far this team should go. Let's keep our hopes up for that to come about. Let's hope for such good luck to come our way, this time around. Every once in a while, good fortune smiles upon those who need it the most. ;)

this is 1000% right on - imagine if he comes back and is dominant for the run plus we got tyler the experience he needed and he excels at guard as well. We could literally have the perfect oline setup with a running game + the defense to be able to combat both the 49ers and eagles which will we need to beat on the way to number 6.

Proof

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I don't think Tyron can block in the run game the way Tyler can. Tyron is more of a pass block LT now. He doesn't have the lateral movement of bend needed to be a really good run blocker. I hope he proves me wrong.

Run blocking should come from the guards primarily anyway. So should still see improvement by moving Tyler

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I saw Tyron once up close. Hardly a pound of fat on him.

He looks nothing like an offensive lineman. He looks like an XXL version of DJ Metcalf.

Yup

E67_0BUVUAQ8RHV.jpg:large

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Stating the obvious here.........his return is going to end up being one of two things!

Fingers crossed though.
we should take our time. work him back slowly....no need for him to rush. just get him ready for playoffs. perhaps a couple of games at the end of season and get Tyler acclimated to the guard spot

GRCowboy

Reaction score
I don't care what people say, but this move has to happen when Tyron is ready.

Sure, Tyler may be your LT of the future but you have to live in the present and what Dallas needs right now is to play its 5 best linemen.
That implies moving Biadasz to the bench and playing either Tyler or McGovern at center

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That implies moving Biadasz to the bench and playing either Tyler or McGovern at center

I actually think that Biadasz has been OK.

Personally I would like to look to potentially upgrade at center in the 2nd or 3rd round of the upcoming draft, but I see no value in disrupting line cohesion this year by shuffling at center.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
I actually think that Biadasz has been OK.

Personally I would like to look to potentially upgrade at center in the 2nd or 3rd round of the upcoming draft, but I see no value in disrupting line cohesion this year by shuffling at center.
C has been a major problem since 2018

We've had nothing but downgrades from that position since 2013-2017. We need to adequately replace what we had back then.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
If he makes it back this season and contributes, I'll have to eat crow! I never believed it could happen in any meaningful way.