Twitter: Tyron Smith nearing return to practice

conner01

Reaction score
Any guesses on who gets cut?
We have one spot open
Need another for the next guy and two more if we add another player from outside

817Gill

Reaction score
We have one spot open
Need another for the next guy and two more if we add another player from outside
May see an IR stash like Shepley. Thing is Farniok will be back soon as well which no one is talking about.

Carson

Reaction score
We have one spot open
I would imagine any of the following somehow end up on the wink wink IR - Nashon Wright, Markquese Bell, Jalen Tolbert

They also could move Anthony Barr to the short term IR to rest him hammy. With Clark playing well, he could essentially rest until the playoffs.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He seems to do a hell of a job on the sidelines pumping the players up. I like him as the swing tackle/mentor and wouldn’t mind bringing him back next year as well.
I haven’t noticed but I don’t doubt it.

Definitely welcome back next year IMO.

plasticman

Reaction score
so the fanbase can never be happy, they say shut up , don't tip the opponents to our plans etc..now you are upset they are purposively feeding the media and opponents misinformation. its part of the plan.,.keep everyone guessing,, you want them to state facts that tip our hand...
Then they should say nothing. Don't be niave, the misinformation isn't directed towards the opponent, it's directed towards us.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Then they should say nothing. Don't be niave, the misinformation isn't directed towards the opponent, it's directed towards us.

nah how about you Stay in your lane and not tell a 10billon dollar corporation how to run their business, how's your 10billion dollar business? as fan you are acting like a toddler as if they NEED to only say things to make sure you are appeased or you throw a tantrum,

how about this,
Stop commenting on their business?? dont read, react and then post on how they don't do things your way.....

Last edited:

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
So now Stephen is sizing up players in the shower like his old man?

Fortunately we'll have a solid 60 years of cringy Jones ownership at the very least. That should all but run out my lifetime.
You do know you can see someone's physique even when they have on a shirt, right?

lkelly

Reaction score
You do know you can see someone's physique even when they have on a shirt, right?
Duly noted.

image_6483441_medium2.JPG

plasticman

Reaction score
nah how about you Stay in your lane and not tell a 10billon dollar corporation how to run their business, how's your 10billion dollar business? as fan you are acting like a toddler as if they NEED to only say things to make sure you are appeased or you throw a tantrum,

how about this,
Stop commenting on their business?? dont read, react and then post on how they don't do things your way.....
Do you understand that they became a ten billion dollar business by deception?

They convinced Cowboys fans that they had a superior product when , in fact, they did not. One of the tactics they use is exactly what I was discussing, disinformation. How did you think that the Cowboys are the most valuable brand despite the fact that they have disappointed us for over 25 years?

How do you think Jerry Jones slithered into the hall of Fame for an accomplishment that had absolutely nothing to do with football but everything to do with how to squeeze money from us?

That ten billion dollars represents false beliefs and false hopes based on false information deliberately perpetrated by Jerry Jones.

I am not throwing a tantrum. I just refuse to be misled.

Please note that I have not personally insulted you or questioned your intelligence. I respect your opinion and just happen to disagree with it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do you understand that they became a ten billion dollar business by deception?

They convinced Cowboys fans that they had a superior product when , in fact, they did not. One of the tactics they use is exactly what I was discussing, disinformation. How did you think that the Cowboys are the most valuable brand despite the fact that they have disappointed us for over 25 years?

How do you think Jerry Jones slithered into the hall of Fame for an accomplishment that had absolutely nothing to do with football but everything to do with how to squeeze money from us?

That ten billion dollars represents false beliefs and false hopes based on false information deliberately perpetrated by Jerry Jones.

I am not throwing a tantrum. I just refuse to be misled.

Please note that I have not personally insulted you or questioned your intelligence. I respect your opinion and just happen to disagree with it.

Blah blah blah.. you are here discussing their product 24-7 get that in your head they own space in your head rent free, they are so bad, why you here? this isn't a [lace most bandwagon outlier type fringe fans go,..noone who mocks owner, team, fo and many players so much would follow a team so closely.

once again the hypocrisy of this fan base who constantly criticize ownership, Yet are willingly participating in the deception.

right , please stop with the egoistical posts, you do not know one thing that best for this team over what the Ownership has done.. its your ego and the ego of this fan base to believe they can do it better.

that not deception, that delusion.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Tyler has played well no doubt but I am concerned about end game situations when teams know you have to pass the ball. I noticed pass rushers seem to get the edge on him. With Tyron out there I don’t think rushers will get to the quarterback as easy.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score

how about this,

I agree the whining gets old... but in the same breath.. that 10 Billion dollars is predicated on fans being upset (or excited) and creating buzz and media around the team... Strife (any attention really) earns relevance and media coverage negative and positive... (Jerry is the buzz master and done intentionally) .... So... it is apart of the process! Enjoy the ride! :dance:

mrmojo

Reaction score
Well hopefully he is back to 100%. It will take him a little time to get back into game shape but it will be nice to have him back.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May see an IR stash like Shepley. Thing is Farniok will be back soon as well which no one is talking about.
Shepley is on the practice squad.

Watkins was on the practice squad at the beginning of the season but moved to the 53 at some point.
- They could cut him and likely get him back on the practice squad.
- Same possibility with Peters.

They already have 1 spot after waiving Basham.

I'm skeptical that they'll activate Washington if they're going to sign Beckham.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I agree the whining gets old... but in the same breath.. that 10 Billion dollars is predicated on fans being upset (or excited) and creating buzz and media around the team... Strife (any attention really) earns relevance and media coverage negative and positive... (Jerry is the buzz master and done intentionally) .... So... it is apart of the process! Enjoy the ride! :dance:
why not, hows that different from Apple, Microsoft, coke, pepsi, Nike, or any other fortune 500 company? you must and should market your company,.. issue here is fans cant seem to separate bused from sport, Jerry can and does.. His primary job as an Owner is to market, sell, and increase the company net worth. sorry if that somehow Irks those thats still think a Pro Team shou dbe run lie a College team.. Its not.

back to those company's i mentioned and others, If you do not like them, do not talk or follow them, dont buy the product..you all have a lot of issues with Team you sure spend ton of time talking about. I simply wouldn't buy Nike shoes if I didn't like the way they ran their business or putting out bad product..seems simply to me.

plasticman

Reaction score
Blah blah blah.. .

Not a very insightful perspective. I'm not saying I could do it better. I have said that a genuine GM could.

It is not your privilege to determine who should and who should not be a Cowboys fan.

It is my privilege to enjoy, love, criticize, dislike any aspect of the team, it's management, it's coaches and it's players that I choose.

Jerry is a profitable owner but a repugnant GM. There were three occasions during his tenure in which any other GM would have been fired. if you want to compose an essay on "ego" I suggest you go there.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not a very insightful perspective. I'm not saying I could do it better. I have said that a genuine GM could.

It is not your privilege to determine who should and who should not be a Cowboys fan.

It is my privilege to enjoy, love, criticize, dislike any aspect of the team, it's management, it's coaches and it's players that I choose.

Jerry is a profitable owner but a repugnant GM. There were three occasions during his tenure in which any other GM would have been fired. if you want to compose an essay on "ego" I suggest you go there.
that how i read your nonsense

Blah blah blah.. .

a97c02c04f2fc1848b0f6fbc017971ca.jpg

CCBoy

Reaction score

The return of left tackle Tyron Smith is the most important future action in beating Philadelphia.

With their addition of Adomican Sue, they have the toughest defense to go against, my opinion, and are hugely aggressive at both the pass and run.

The Eagles have the toughest offensive line, but Tyrone Smith's addition will fully put Dallas back into the whole game.

Dallas has a tough defense if their front isn't dominated up front.

Tyrone Smith, Tler Smith, Zach Martin, and Terence Steele can stand up with any one as well...and the Cowboys must next match up with the Eagle's five future years in the offensive line.

TheCritic

Reaction score
What's truly sad is that Tyron was getting beat regularly in training camp and everyone seems to have forgot. I have serious doubts about him staying healthy and being the dominant force that he once was.