Twitter: Tyron Smith out against Giants

817Gill

Reaction score
No way I spend a 1st on a LT next year. The issue was the back/neck. Getting rolled up on and missing a few games isn’t going to change T.Smith’s spot on the team. As long as he doesn’t suffer a major career-altering injury you’re not going to find anyone better than him/that will start over him next year.

Not wasting a 1st on a swing tackle especially when we have one. If this was a neck/back thing I’d get it, but splitting ways over an ankle sprain? Are y’all ok? He’s a hall of famer on a bargain contract, how many of those do we have?

As long as Ball develops into the guy his talent says he can be then we are well stocked at T.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
No way I spend a 1st on a LT next year. The issue was the back/neck. Getting rolled up on and missing a few games isn’t going to put T.Smith on the bench. As long as he doesn’t suffer a major career-altering injury you’re not going to find anyone better than him/that will start over him next year.

Not wasting a 1st on a swing tackle especially when we have one. If this was a neck/back thing I’d get it, but splitting ways over an ankle sprain? Are y’all ok? He’s a hall of famer on a bargain contract, how many of those do we have?

As long as Ball develops into the guy his talent says he can be then we are well stocked at T.
Agreed but we need to spend a higher pick on a player that can start at guard before eventually moving to tackle.....think Flozell Adams.

Williams will get a bigger deal elsewhere than we can give him and McGovern is pretty bad.

Yesterday was inexcusable.

Sydla

Reaction score
I get it that it's just a random injury and not tied to his back concerns he's had for years, but at this point, Smith is an injury risk. You cannot count on him anymore to play a full season or be ready to play in our biggest games. Only a foolish, all too loyal Jerry Jones would do something stupid like that.

This team would be wise to use this offseason to address the LT position and look to the future.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
No way I spend a 1st on a LT next year. The issue was the back/neck. Getting rolled up on and missing a few games isn’t going to change T.Smith’s spot on the team. As long as he doesn’t suffer a major career-altering injury you’re not going to find anyone better than him/that will start over him next year.

Exactly. Smith has had no problems with his back/neck since his offseason surgery. I'd imagine he'll get his ankle scoped after the season is over, but resting it a week or two with the playoffs a near certainty isn't a bad thing at all.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ty Nseskhe's got this.

If not, Steele or Collins are more than capable.

Hardly any drop off whatsoever regardless of who replaces him.

This offense will just keep clicking along.

No worries.

I have to assume this is sarcasm.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Again, the surgery was the right choice. He misses the same amount of time and it fixes the problem. He won’t be 100% from here out. Terrible decision.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ty Nseskhe's got this.

No worries.

We are a well oiled machine.

Sydla

Reaction score

Foolish thinking. Yes, it's not his back but it's still an injury and he's still missing games and he's clearly a guy you can't count on for a full 17 games. Now, no, you don't cut him or anything like that, but this offseason should absolutely be used to figure out where we are going with the LT position. If that's Ball, great. If they aren't sure Ball is the guy, yes, using a high pick on a LT would make sense.

817Gill

Reaction score
Agreed but we need to spend a higher pick on a player that can start at guard before eventually moving to tackle.....think Flozell Adams.

Williams will get a bigger deal elsewhere than we can give him and McGovern is pretty bad.

Yesterday was inexcusable.
I mean that would be nice in an ideal world but that’s going to come down to who’s available where. At the end of the day Tyron is barely 30. If his back and neck injuries are behind him he’s still a 3-4 year starter. Bone spurs and a rolled up ankle are minor injuries that aren’t going to result in moving on from a HOFer.

What happens if you draft a G/T high and he goes his whole rookie contract without ever overtaking the job at LT? Now in terms of needing a starting LG we do need to pick one in the first few rounds. But the need for a starting T is moot as long as Smith isn’t suffering from his neck/back ailment. You’re just not gonna find anyone good enough to replace him if he’s upright.

If Steele or Ball are viable swing tackles then we are just fine.

Tussinman

Reaction score
What a mess. Finally fixes his back (after most thought he'd either retire or that his back will never get better) and here he is with the 2nd time this season that his own teammates have crashed into his ankle. We also have La'el bribing drug testers and then looking pretty medicore after his suspension is up.

Definately keep working on Ball and go tackle in either of the first 2 rounds of this upcoming draft

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Ty Nseskhe's got this.

No worries.

I assume we'll go back to Steele, but I'd rather see Nsekhe. I know that there was some concern about him after the preseason, but he's been pretty decent when he's been out there this season. I think Steele is more naturally suited to right tackle.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Not ready to give up on Tyron yet. He's the second rated T in football. He's still elite. If you want to get mad at somebody for his injuries this year, get mad at Pollard and McGovern.