Twitter: Tyron Smith Possibly to Move On From Cowboys?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Collins to LT and Conner to RT. Looney, McGovern and Badiaz round it out.

Edit: Lol...I forgot Martin

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The guy just got restructured!
Do any of you know what that means?

How can this have gone 3 pages?
The Cowboys preferred method of moving on from high-salaried players is the June 1st designation.

The team doesn't gain any actual cap room until June 1st with this method, but they can use that money to sign the rookie class or use it towards an extension for a 2022 pending free agent (Gallup?).

If Smith were to retire and/or the Cowboys cut him, and he was designated as a June 1st cut, they'd gain $10.5M in cap room in 2021 and he'd carry over a $5.4 M dead money hit on the 2022 cap.

Reactions: CWR

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
My main man.
Mucho, mucho amor.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Right back atcha Brother!

slick325

Reaction score
There should be no way he is released. If the WFT can get a pick for Trent Williams, then no way Tyron Smith can't garner one as well (a 1st plus or multiple 2nd round picks).

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The Cowboys preferred method of moving on from high-salaried players is the June 1st designation.

The team doesn't gain any actual cap room until June 1st with this method, but they can use that money to sign the rookie class or use it towards an extension for a 2022 pending free agent (Gallup?).

If Smith were to retire and/or the Cowboys cut him, and he was designated as a June 1st cut, they'd gain $10.5M in cap room in 2021 and he'd carry over a $5.4 M dead money hit on the 2022 cap.
Lol... release Tyron to sign the rook pool.
Right on!

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Lol... release Tyron to sign the rook pool.
Right on!
I'm not saying it's a good move.

I'm telling you what the Front Office has done in the past when moving on from high-salaried veterans.

There's no bigger Tyron Smith fan on this board than me. I've known him and his family since high school. I hope he's healthy and playing at an All-Pro level for the Cowboys for the immediate future.

Corso

Reaction score
I'm not saying it's a good move.

I'm telling you what the Front Office has done in the past when moving on from high-salaried veterans.

There's no bigger Tyron Smith fan on this board than me. I've known him and his family since high school. I hope he's healthy and playing at an All-Pro level for the Cowboys for the immediate future.
Gotcha.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Well it would make sense that Jerry would release a guy before he figured out how to fill the LT spot. That sort of myopic thinking is what we have come to expect from Jerry

aria

Reaction score
There should be no way he is released. If the WFT can get a pick for Trent Williams, then no way Tyron Smith can't garner one as well (a 1st plus or multiple 2nd round picks).
I don’t see anyone even giving up a 1st for a guy who is under contract, has missed an average of 3-4 games a season for the past 4 years and missed this entire season. I honestly think they would be lucky to get a 2nd. He could be very good for the next few years or he could spend that time on IR, that’s a huge risk to take on a guy his age with his history.

Corso

Reaction score
Hmmm...I keep thinking about this photo for some reason.

turnstile.gif

:muttley:
I was thinking one of those guys that lets the bull go through the cape?
Hey! I gotta survive to make my next paycheck!