Twitter: Tyron Smith Possibly to Move On From Cowboys?

conner01

Reaction score
That's a great point.
Tyron with zero GTD money left due is a great trade option IF he is healthy.
But he may not pass NFL physicals required for trades to go through.
And he may just prefer the release himself meaning he'd be difficult to work with.
WFT did get a trade for Trent but they openly fought him for a while he stepped away on them before it all worked out.
Releasing Smith would be criminal stupidity
He could easily be traded if you wanted
But just releasing him is crazy
And to think knight is as good as smith is crazy

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And once again who is Bobby Belt as I think he just tweets a lot, he has no ties with the organization. I do not think he is a reporter, not for any local media anyway.

CWR

Reaction score
Little disrespectful considering even with the injuries, dude is still a top 12 LT in the league imo.

Yeah you're right. As much as I'd like to see Jaylon and Crawford gone I'd be pretty pissed if Smith is released. Id like to see his numbers, but I remember when he signed that deal it was super long. Im wondering how much money has gotten pushed back? Its a shame hes been so beat up at such a young age. We changed our strength and conditioning program when Garrett left didn't we? He's in top physical shape regardless, but its too bad we can't find a regiment to keep that back loose.

CWR

Reaction score
wait can we release jayon and not take a big hit?

Smith’s base salary for 2021 is $7.2 million, so the club would save that in cash, but he’d take up $9.4 million in space. He is currently on the books to take up $9.8 million (base salary plus $2.6 million in bonus allocation), so trading him would result in just $400,000 in cap savings for next season, and the Cowboys wouldn’t have the player.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/li...ract-potential-release-dead-money-salary-cap/

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
So Bobby Belt posted the below Tweet last week, and at the time, I didn't think much of it. Thought it was 100 percent speculation that this team would ever be looking into moving on from #77. But he doubled down on it last week, citing the team's frustration with his recent injury history and the fact that they can free up 10M more dollars of cap space to presumably sign their QB or add some cogs on defense. Still thought he was crazy.

But, as I was listening to a Jeff Cavanaugh live stream yesterday, he dropped a nugget I haven't heard before. Apparently, Tyron Smith is completely at odds right now with Cowboys medical personnel and has been for years. They don't get along, which is why most of the work done on him is done elsewhere.

I don't see an heir apparent on this roster, but if this is what the Joneses are thinking, who starts at LT?

Of all those crappy DBs, Woods would be the one I’d be most pissed if they brought back

Reactions: CWR

stiletto

Reaction score
The injuries are getting progressively worse each year, so sometimes where there is smoke there is fire.

Reactions: CWR

Loso86

Reaction score
Ok well whatever.. If you want Sewell you know what the cost is.

Congrats on those wins though. It did a lot for this team going forward.
Ummm?. Go tell that to the Players bud!. I'm assuming your your one of those diehards that really wanted us to lose.....great fan btw glad your on my side

CWR

Reaction score
Three letters and a slight bit of finagling but...
I'd be flattered to be traded for him!

Id love to read your post game write ups, but I think we are gonna pass this time. Maybe for Jaylon?

cern

Reaction score
All i know for sure is he misses a lot of games. More concerned than ever now concerning la'el collins.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Tyron has been missing games every year wouldn’t be surprised if he retires. He’s had neck and back issues. Whether he returns or not the Cowboys are going to have to start finding his replacement. He can’t be depended on to play a full season.

I've been in full agreement with that opinion all this season. Smith just cannot be relied upon any longer. This year is the perfect proof. We need an OT, preferably a quality Left OT!
We don't want a repeat of this disastrous season with 2 OT's down and out! We need a young healthy left OT in this upcoming draft.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I've been in full agreement with that opinion all this season. Smith just cannot be relied upon any longer. This year is the perfect proof. We need an OT, preferably a quality Left OT!
We don't want a repeat of this disastrous season with 2 OT's down and out! We need a young healthy left OT in this upcoming draft.

We’re definitely going to have to address the LT position either in free agency or the draft.