Twitter: Tyron Smith Possibly to Move On From Cowboys?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
They save 7 million each for jaylon and tyron after June 1. Idk if I see tyron getting the ax but it’s not far fetched. Would they move Collins to lt?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They save 7 million each for jaylon and tyron after June 1. Idk if I see tyron getting the ax but it’s not far fetched. Would they move Collins to lt?
The plan in my opinion would to have Collins and Martin at tackles. I just don’t see the Cowboys moving on from Tyron unless he retires. Can you imagine the Cowboys release him and he goes to the Giants. A nightmare scenario.

Aven8

Reaction score
Was anyone really counting on Tyron for next year? I mean he hasn’t made it through a season in awhile.

Carson

Reaction score

I would hope. Collins dominate side is his left side. I think he slides into left tackle easily

Was anyone really counting on Tyron for next year? I mean he hasn’t made it through a season in awhile.

Hopefully the surgery he has that he had been putting off helps

Beaker42

Reaction score
Worst part of that list is bringing back Woods.

Rest of league sees he is pure garbage and he gets no offers.....so Dallas thinks they are getting a bargain and keep running him out there.

The guy is like 54 and 98....not only are they no good, they are a liability.
Amen. Woods is completely useless.

cristglo

Reaction score
Releasing Smith would be criminal stupidity
He could easily be traded if you wanted
But just releasing him is crazy
And to think knight is as good as smith is crazy
Some of the people just dont think things through when they post. LOL Just releasing Smith would be stupid and Smith had the surgery because he wants to be able to play at a high level. It would be smart to keep Smith and let these other young T develop another year.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
The plan in my opinion would to have Collins and Martin at tackles. I just don’t see the Cowboys moving on from Tyron unless he retires. Can you imagine the Cowboys release him and he goes to the Giants. A nightmare scenario.
And continues his career doing well. Woof

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'd have to see more video of him but in this video he is too upright. What round do you seem him being drafted?

Oh, I don't think he gets out of the 1st round. A lot is going to be determined at the combine but the natural ability is there and the mean streak is there. He needs to be coached up so I think you probably see a lot of improvement from him once he gets with better coaching and training but that's pretty natural for any player.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
We like our guys. I say we roll into next year with what we got and expect completely different results. I call this Jerry style. With all this talent what could possible go wrong.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Releasing Smith would be criminal stupidity
He could easily be traded if you wanted
But just releasing him is crazy
And to think knight is as good as smith is crazy
We have no idea what his health status is so pretending we do is criminally stupid.
He only made it to 2 games this year and doesn't cooperate with the team Docs.

conner01

Reaction score
We have no idea what his health status is so pretending we do is criminally stupid.
He only made it to 2 games this year and doesn't cooperate with the team Docs.
Why release a player who has a cheap contract so has trade value
If he can’t play he could retire but I doubt that’s the case

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He's had the same injury and has been "managing it" instead of having surgery on it, until now
The nature of neck injuries means you might experience a short period of euphoria and relief but the issue isn't really "healed".
Those vertebrae and disks don't ever really get better. You can fuse them together or you can shoot cortisone in them but you get warned about any additional stress such as car accidents and the like on your neck.
I have c4-c5 issues myself and get cortisone shots via day surgeries every couple years.

If he was to get exactly what I did they would advise retirement.

Sandyf

Reaction score
So Bobby Belt posted the below Tweet last week, and at the time, I didn't think much of it. Thought it was 100 percent speculation that this team would ever be looking into moving on from #77. But he doubled down on it last week, citing the team's frustration with his recent injury history and the fact that they can free up 10M more dollars of cap space to presumably sign their QB or add some cogs on defense. Still thought he was crazy.

But, as I was listening to a Jeff Cavanaugh live stream yesterday, he dropped a nugget I haven't heard before. Apparently, Tyron Smith is completely at odds right now with Cowboys medical personnel and has been for years. They don't get along, which is why most of the work done on him is done elsewhere.

I don't see an heir apparent on this roster, but if this is what the Joneses are thinking, who starts at LT?

First off Bobby is just guessing like any of us and who take anyone's take on who or who won't be here with a grain of salt. Probably right about one or two but seriously doubt anything more. Second, if (big if) we move on from Smith there will be cap implications as with any player. Third, right now the starting LT if we move on from Smith would be Knight until the draft and then it becomes a question of what we do in the draft. If a definite guy they like is there at 10 is a starting type LT then sure we could/should take him but those are far to early questions.

Frankly if we decide to move on from Smith, we should do it through a trade and not a release. Get something in return, I mean it's not like there are teams that don't need a starting LT.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He doesn't have a cheap contract.
He's a 14M cap hit and 4th highest on the team for 2021.

At least 2 of the higher cap hits will be restructured down. Amari and Zack.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It may be a release if Dallas feels he won't be ready in 2021 but he doesn't yet want to medically retire.
But we are just talking possibilities and there are many.

He could be 100% and make All Pro.
He could be 85% and just push through 12 games.
He could be traded and fail physicals.
He could be traded and pass physicals.
He could medically retire.
He could be released to save 10M.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Tyron's post June dead hit is 3.25M his cap hit as is is 14. So he saves 10M.