Twitter: Tyron Smith Possibly to Move On From Cowboys?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Tyron hasn’t been as available as we need him to be

How much of that has been on him and how much on the training staff. Remember they screwed up Demarcus Ware's final couple of years similarly. He never had any injury issues after leaving Dallas. Come to think of it the oft injured Mo Claiborne also never got hurt again after leaving Dallas. Same for Anthony Hitchens.. Whatever the reason.. this training/medical staff seems to keep guys nicked up once they get nicked up.. That worries me.. I am anxious to see what this season looks like after the surgeries on Collins and Smith..

speedkilz88

Reaction score
How much of that has been on him and how much on the training staff. Remember they screwed up Demarcus Ware's final couple of years similarly. He never had any injury issues after leaving Dallas. Come to think of it the oft injured Mo Claiborne also never got hurt again after leaving Dallas. Same for Anthony Hitchens.. Whatever the reason.. this training/medical staff seems to keep guys nicked up once they get nicked up.. That worries me.. I am anxious to see what this season looks like after the surgeries on Collins and Smith..
Ware's first season he didn't miss any games, but the super bowl year he missed 5 games, his final season he missed 6 games. (first a broken ulna and then back surgery (maybe that neck) at the end of the season. He only missed 3 games with the Cowboys all in 2013 his final season with the Cowboys.

plasticman

Reaction score
I wonder if the medical disagreements have something to do with that master of all skills, Dr. Jerry Jones.

Praxit

Reaction score
..If Jaylon is released that's on MM influence. But I'll be very, very surprised he's booted.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
No way Jaylon gets release. Too much dead money, he just signed a contract.

Any time a players dead money is less than their scheduled cap hit, that player is at risk. Jaylon is at risk.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Rumor doesn't make a ton of sense. Tyron is upset at the Dallas medical staff so he:
  1. Goes elsewhere for treatment
  2. Wants to leave Dallas because he's not happy with the treatment he ISN'T getting in Dallas
If he's getting treatment elsewhere and isn't happy with the results, maybe it's not the Dallas staff's fault.

I've long been skeptical of the medical staff, but this one doesn't pass the smell test. He's either getting treatment in Dallas and has every right to complain if he doesn't like the outcome, or he's getting treatment elsewhere and shouldn't blame the Dallas staff. Seems ridiculous that he would be mad at the Dallas staff for treatment he isn't getting from the Dallas staff.

Verdict

Reaction score
I’ve been saying for a while that the chances of Tyron being on the roster next year are not anywhere near a lock. He can’t be relied upon to play.

Verdict

Reaction score
Rumor doesn't make a ton of sense. Tyron is upset at the Dallas medical staff so he:
  1. Goes elsewhere for treatment
  2. Wants to leave Dallas because he's not happy with the treatment he ISN'T getting in Dallas
If he's getting treatment elsewhere and isn't happy with the results, maybe it's not the Dallas staff's fault.

I've long been skeptical of the medical staff, but this one doesn't pass the smell test. He's either getting treatment in Dallas and has every right to complain if he doesn't like the outcome, or he's getting treatment elsewhere and shouldn't blame the Dallas staff. Seems ridiculous that he would be mad at the Dallas staff for treatment he isn't getting from the Dallas staff.
If he’s gone it will be because Dallas wants him gone, not the other way around.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Some draft experts like Slater from Northwestern more than Sewell.

He will absolutely be available at #10, assuming that the run of QBs happens early that we are all expecting.

I would be happy with him too, or even Darrisaw or Leatherwood.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Worst part of that list is bringing back Woods.

Rest of league sees he is pure garbage and he gets no offers.....so Dallas thinks they are getting a bargain and keep running him out there.

The guy is like 54 and 98....not only are they no good, they are a liability.

:hammer:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I replied in those threads defending Bobby because it's not crazy.

Dallas owes him 39M over 3 years, each with 10M+ bases and no GRTD money left.

If you think Martin can play LT or La'el can you could move on.
Martin was a better than fine RT in his small sample. He was dominant.
Martin and La'el are both signed long term.

Both Connor's were "OK" to solid at OG.

You could draft a young swing OT and just roll with that saving 10M.
Great point! Tackles are so much harder to find than Guards. Zack Martin played excellent to awesome at Tackle. We have our 2 tackles, Martin and Collins if something happens with Tyron.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
So Bobby Belt posted the below Tweet last week, and at the time, I didn't think much of it. Thought it was 100 percent speculation that this team would ever be looking into moving on from #77. But he doubled down on it last week, citing the team's frustration with his recent injury history and the fact that they can free up 10M more dollars of cap space to presumably sign their QB or add some cogs on defense. Still thought he was crazy.

But, as I was listening to a Jeff Cavanaugh live stream yesterday, he dropped a nugget I haven't heard before. Apparently, Tyron Smith is completely at odds right now with Cowboys medical personnel and has been for years. They don't get along, which is why most of the work done on him is done elsewhere.

I don't see an heir apparent on this roster, but if this is what the Joneses are thinking, who starts at LT?

Williams had a good year at LG, is probably a better T than G, and played LT in college.

Williams, McGovern,Biadasz,Martin,Collins

See if they can extend Williams on the cheap before moving Tyron, even for an extra year.

I've heard it's a weak T class, even starting with Sewell who is getting overdrafted. But maybe get a tackle later that we can develop. Or even trade back and see someone falls to us.

I'd be inclined to ride Tyron. They should have a good idea about his health before the draft comes around. But we do have options. They're just not going to be a Pro Bowl LT.

It's too bad that both T and DT aren't lining up to get us a quality use of the 10th, but it looks like that's the way it is. LT is a great pick to get with a 1st, and then get the 5th year option on him. Only better is QB. But that's not the way the draft board seems to be lining up for us.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
So Bobby Belt posted the below Tweet last week, and at the time, I didn't think much of it. Thought it was 100 percent speculation that this team would ever be looking into moving on from #77. But he doubled down on it last week, citing the team's frustration with his recent injury history and the fact that they can free up 10M more dollars of cap space to presumably sign their QB or add some cogs on defense. Still thought he was crazy.

But, as I was listening to a Jeff Cavanaugh live stream yesterday, he dropped a nugget I haven't heard before. Apparently, Tyron Smith is completely at odds right now with Cowboys medical personnel and has been for years. They don't get along, which is why most of the work done on him is done elsewhere.

I don't see an heir apparent on this roster, but if this is what the Joneses are thinking, who starts at LT?

I think that the Cowboys don't have a Pro Bowl replacement now and even though many fans here have stressed nothing but defense in the draft, I have read some in the sporting world that say that drafting a tackle is a priority too. Because the Cowboys don't have a Pro Bowl replacement now, I think they will keep Smith through at least the 2021 season after they draft his hopeful replacement in the draft.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If i'm Tyron I team up with Dak and move to to Indy. Well rounded roster, top 10 coach, good stadium, tons of cap space.
Neither has the freedom to make that decision on their own. Aside from whether Indy wants the big cash outlay, Smith is under contract with Dallas, and Dallas has the ability to franchise Dak.