Tyron Smith Pro Day

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/13682485

Southern Cal tackle Tyron Smith took a step towards the top of the draft Thursday at the Trojan's pro day. With every NFL team represented, the 20 year-old Smith timed a 4.91 40 while weighing in at 310 pounds. Despite his ridiculously long 36 3/8" arms, today Smith also increased his bench mark from 29 to 31 reps.

Woods

Reaction score
I hope we draft him, whether at 9 or a bit later.

egn22

Reaction score
man I REALLY hope we get this guy. Him and Free will be the beginning of a new era for our o-line. Free is proven, and Smith has the most upside of any other linemen in the draft.
Gotta get this guy.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Woods;3893080 said:
I hope we draft him, whether at 9 or a bit later.
from what I am hearing Minny will take him if he is there so we can't drop down and expect for him to be there

burmafrd

Reaction score
Yes I have. And he was playing at about 30 lbs lighter at the time. He was VERY quick.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
sadevil;3893153 said:
It's being reported that Jason Garrett attended the USC pro day.

I think the Cowboys genuinely want to know what the kid is about, they are scouting the heck out of him which means two things to me.

1) Their mind isn't made up on him

2) They don't want to whiff on their highest pick in some time, especially if they take an offensive lineman.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
sadevil;3893153 said:
It's being reported that Jason Garrett attended the USC pro day.

I dont know if Garrett was there, but did see an article that Ciskowski was there.

I think he's our guy. And I think we can pencil him in as a 10-12 yr starter from day one.

JBS

Reaction score
TheCount;3893157 said:
I think the Cowboys genuinely want to know what the kid is about, they are scouting the heck out of him which means two things to me.

2) They don't want to whiff on their highest pick in some time, especially if they take an offensive lineman.

there is no question that we are scouting the heck out of him...

which is good news no matter what happens...ill be confident in their decision no matter which direction they go regarding Smith..

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
burmafrd;3893143 said:
Yes I have. And he was playing at about 30 lbs lighter at the time. He was VERY quick.

Great. He's quick and can run fast for his size. But can he play? Color me not impressed.

Woods

Reaction score
TheCount;3893157 said:

No doubt.

This is a huge pick for the Cowboys (at number 9). They can't afford to get this pick wrong.

Clearly, there is some serious interest on the Cowboys side if Garrett was, if fact, in attendance. But from everything we've heard from Broddaus (sp?), other media outlets (Wes Bunting), posters on this board, the Cowboys are interested in Smith for sure. Not saying he's the pick. But there seems to be real interest.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jobberone;3893168 said:
Great. He's quick and can run fast for his size. But can he play? Color me not impressed.

Looked pretty damn good when he was making Cam Jordan disappear.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
jobberone;3893168 said:

Not his fault, a lot of people do this, even the draft sites.

They get caught up talking about his physical attributes when they should be talking about his play.

I can't count how many stories I've read of him where they just get caught up in his weight and the length of his arms and never bother to discuss his actual performance on the field.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
So is trading up for Peterson out of the question now?

I would be happy with Smith, Peterson, and Quin.

Or some few other people with a trade back

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I love the difference in opinions from when I first suggested Tyron way back when to now.

There are definitely still some Cowboy fans who have their doubts with him but he sure has a lot more love now.

Patrick Peterson or Tyron Smith. Either way I feel we are drafting a future All Pro this year.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
TheDallasDon;3893173 said:
So is trading up for Peterson out of the question now?

I would be happy with Smith, Peterson, and Quin.

Or some few other people with a trade back

It's not out of the question, but if Peterson is gone before 6, you want a backup plan.