Tyron Smith's contract, extension or final year?

DCwarrior

Reaction score
It's kind of amazing that a player of his caliber had such a long contract and it will be played all the way through. No holdouts or demands for a raise. Dude signed a contract and honored it. Respect.
AFTER THE FIRST INJURY this season, cut him!!!
AFTER THE FIRST INJURY this season, cut him!!!
There is no way JJ cuts him and TBH that would a very bad look. Tyron is a legend and future HOF candidate. He can do what He wants I bet.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
He's worthless on the right side. Hopeless. A decade of muscle memory makes that impossible.

But in his natural position he's a Grizzly Bear. You want to make a HOF caliber LT, still in his early thirties...some backup swing tackle. Get that **** out of here.
He was a grizzly bear, he's not anymore, he's an aging stiff injury prone tackle that would be better served as the swing tackle....

HanD

Reaction score
It depends do you want to watch a generational player or win a championship. His price for a DE will force you to use lesser talent elsewhere . Quarterbacks have directly cost us playoff games. Enough.
If you can guarantee one of the best QBs in the nfl id do it. I agree with you that QB is more important but there are no guarantees you don't get a bust or someone who is just above average.

T-RO

Reaction score
He was a grizzly bear, he's not anymore, he's an aging stiff injury prone tackle that would be better served as the swing tackle....
I'm not gonna bear with your nonsense much longer, Q6. Deal with you soon enough.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you can guarantee one of the best QBs in the nfl id do it. I agree with you that QB is more important but there are no guarantees you don't get a bust or someone who is just above average.
You don't have to have the best you just need to have a guy who can get it done.

I've been hearing this stuff for 20 years. You can't afford to take a chance, well we took a chance twice before and it paid off rather nicely.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think a large number of 'fans' need to see a recruiter to have a clue and appreciate that a soldier doesn't retire from the battlefield, until he is through fighting. He'll retire, himself, when he doesn't feel the rewards for all are worth his pain and sacrifices.

I leave that dignity and pride to the man,

When business decisions are respected by a team, that is usually at the end of a career. The player has to be a great player to warrant that status.
Dallas knows he is near the end of his career.

They will probably take a look at things near the end of the season.

There are some cap reasons to wait also.

If healthy, I can see him doing a one year deal for 24.

They also might let him go UFA. Out of respect.

Teams would sign him for $$$. Retirement cash.

HanD

Reaction score
You don't have to have the best you just need to have a guy who can get it done.

I've been hearing this stuff for 20 years. You can't afford to take a chance, well we took a chance twice before and it paid off rather nicely.
i didn't say the best but to each his own. i'm not trading a top 3 defensive player who is young and still ascending for just a chance. i'd rather trade other pieces like diggs and draft picks and dak himself than parsons. i'd definitely do it for an established qb sure but this is off topic to the thread.

plasticman

Reaction score
This could be the last season for both Tyron Smith and Zack Martin.

We keep discussing a "window" based on the contracts of skill players. However, if both decide to retire after next season I believe that window will be closed for at least a few seasons.