Tyron to the Jets

Adreme

Reaction score
no you couldnt not the year before last..sorry you couldnt.. i mean i can google it but go ahead..
Yes I could especially the year before last, especially considering several of them still play now. Obviously you have Tyron who was better (hence why we was the starting LT) and Trent Williams and Johnson and Tunsil. Andrew Thomas obviously as well as Whirfs from Tampa (was AP that year) and Armstead from Miami. I know I am missing several but my knowledge of OL starters is obviously not as great as other positions but those were the names I remember sticking out and obviously are better. I cannot remember how Stanley graded out as it was the year after he came back from that injury of his.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How many SB winning teams have 5 1st round OL's? show me this and ill change my view
Who said we have to have five first-rounders on the offensive line? Some of you go to great lengths of exaggeration to try to make your point.

I expect us to have a first-rounder, UDFA, first- or second-rounder (or cheap FA), first-rounder and UDFA starting next year. I have some reservations about that, but we'll see how it goes.

Reactions: JPM

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The Jets just got better.
"J-E-T-S..."
Did they really? I put the over/under @ 10 games....and I'm taking the under....one last paycheck....and you expect this guy to show loyalty to a franchise he barely knows? He will tap out the moment AR starts showing any signs of suck.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Who said we have to have five first-rounders on the offensive line? Some of you go to great lengths of exaggeration to try to make your point.

I expect us to have a first-rounder, UDFA, first- or second-rounder (or cheap FA), first-rounder and UDFA starting next year. I have some reservations about that, but we'll see how it goes.
but the point remains you cant keep asking for the 2014 or the 2016 line they both lost...even with the league leading rusher..again this FO has no idea how to build a winning team..again the fact the #11 will play DE is a HUGE malfunction of this....it makes the OC's job so easy when you do this instead of him being off the ball but you know pay and such matters here.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

We currently have two 1st rounders on the Oline. You want a third 1st rounder, plus a 2nd rounder as well added? When is Jerry going to get serious and instead hire himself a very good Oline coach? That would be so much easier, cheaper and for many years be able to keep rebuilding the Oline with mid-round picks, thus leaving the 1st and 2nd round picks to other positions of need. That's how you build a winner.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We currently have two 1st rounders on the Oline. You want a third 1st rounder, plus a 2nd rounder as well added? When is Jerry going to get serious and instead hire himself a very good Oline coach? That would be so much easier, cheaper and for many years be able to keep rebuilding the Oline with mid-round picks, thus leaving the 1st and 2nd round picks to other positions of need. That's how you build a winner.
exactly why do we need all resources going to the O-Line when SB winning teams dont do anything like this..

Tussinman

Reaction score
bargain?? what getting how many millions for watching on the sidelines?
Tyron started 165 games in the NFL and made 119 million.

That's a 100% bargain, he could of split that 8 year extension he did in half and made close to that just on the final 4 years......

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Tyron started 165 games in the NFL and made 119 million.

That's a 100% bargain, he could of split that 8 year extension he did in half and made close to that just on the final 4 years......
ok now show me how many games he played compared to games he could've played and lets see the numbers..stop being obtuse, his problem was games played not how he played

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
No. I want a first-round center. Possibly a trade-down first-rounder like we did with Frederick. There are three centers considered to be quite a step up from the rest (JPJ, Barton or Frazier). Those are the closest to sure-bets as you'll find. I don't want us to spend any other draft pick on the line. If we don't get a center in the first, we need to get one in the second or the third, but the possibility of them being ready to start goes down.

What I would have preferred is to fill the spot with a high-end FA, but that's not how this front-office works.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Yes I could especially the year before last, especially considering several of them still play now. Obviously you have Tyron who was better (hence why we was the starting LT) and Trent Williams and Johnson and Tunsil. Andrew Thomas obviously as well as Whirfs from Tampa (was AP that year) and Armstead from Miami. I know I am missing several but my knowledge of OL starters is obviously not as great as other positions but those were the names I remember sticking out and obviously are better. I cannot remember how Stanley graded out as it was the year after he came back from that injury of his.
your right i was wrong he was ranked 7th his rookie year i mean again google

7. TYRON SMITH, DALLAS COWBOYS

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No. I want a first-round center. Possibly a trade-down first-rounder like we did with Frederick. There are three centers considered to be quite a step up from the rest (JPJ, Barton or Frazier). Those are the closest to sure-bets as you'll find. I don't want us to spend any other draft pick on the line. If we don't get a center in the first, we need to get one in the second or the third, but the possibility of them being ready to start goes down.

What I would have preferred is to fill the spot with a high-end FA, but that's not how this front-office works.
There is a very good Center who could be had in the 5th round. There is a very good O-Tackle who could be had in the 3rd round. Both good starting talents.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Maybe Dallas is tanking.

No chance to beat the Eagles as of today and the draft isn’t going to plug all the holes. Their best case is be like the Bucs last year and be the 6 or 7 seed.

But who on the schedule is Dallas definitively better than?

Washington - because they don’t have a QB on the roster
Giants - they don’t know what they are.
Saints - they don’t know what they are.
Bucs - mainly because that game is at home
Panthers - who knows if Bryce Young turns into anything
Cleveland - who’s their QB?

Everyone else on the schedule (Pittsburgh on the road, Atlanta with weapons is either a toss up or definitively more talented:

Philly
Ravens
Texans
49ers
Lions
Bengals (with a healthy Burrow)

This is shaping to be an 8-9 or 9-8 season. Which is the worst spot you can be. Not high enough to get great draft picks and not good enough to make any real noise.
I can't tell if we're tanking or just stupid. Jerry wants to hang around the rim, and Stephen has convinced him that you can do that on the cheap every year. Why didn't we just tell Kendricks to go to San Fran? We good here.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Tyron Smith was clearly after the money. No way the Cowboys were going to offer him the potential to cost up to $20 million for one year.
I dont think so AC, i think Tyer is moving to LT..now for the rest of the plan..its hazy at best..