Tyron to the Jets

SackMaster

Reaction score
For the 10 games he plays in 2024, he'll make Aaron Rodgers very happy. The other 7 games? Good Luck.
:thumbup:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Cowboys fail. Badly. Yet, you want to continue their failed ways. It's understandable.
Their failed ways have to do with a poor free agency plan they've had since 2013. I absolutely do not want to continue that.

Before that, their failures were due to drafting poorly and Jerry thinking he could make up for that by spending heavily in free agency.

Roster building takes good drafting, finding some bargains in free agency and finding a few key pieces in free agency and/or through trades. Ever since our Super Bowl days, this front office has failed at at least one of those three things.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
Per a league source, Smith is guaranteed only $6.5 million in his one-year deal with the Jets. He’ll have to be available to play, and he’ll need to play a lot, to unlock the bulk of his available compensation. He’ll need to participate in at least 90 percent of the offensive snaps for the season to have a shot at the maximum package, for example.

He hasn’t done that since at least 2015 that’s the last year he missed fewer than 3 full games.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Per a league source, Smith is guaranteed only $6.5 million in his one-year deal with the Jets. He’ll have to be available to play, and he’ll need to play a lot, to unlock the bulk of his available compensation. He’ll need to participate in at least 90 percent of the offensive snaps for the season to have a shot at the maximum package, for example.

He hasn’t done that since at least 2015 that’s the last year he missed fewer than 3 full games.
How could we not do better than that?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not sure why it matters if they paid a premium for them in the draft or in free agency. But ... Dickerson, Johnson, Dillard and Jurgens were drafted by the Eagles, so the four picks by 51. So was Seamalo, the 79th pick. You can look up the rest for yourself. We currently have two linemen taken before the 79th pick (Tyler and Martin). The next highest is Ball at 138.

lol come on man Dillard ruined it.. you must have used groogle wrong...i would use google next time.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No AC, some of these tools think if the Cowboys get rid of Dak the Cowboys are instant Super Bowl champs. Thank goodness the Joneses know better.
the folks your talking about keep the jones in business.."Its the QB AGIAN!!" some of them deserve jones..

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
20 million. That's gonna be about 4 million per games played...
The $20 million is the total that is possible to earn if he plays every game.

His base is probably just $1-$2 million with $800k-$900k bonus per each game played.

If he stays healthy and plays every game, he can bank $20.............if he gets hurt and only plays 5 games, he only banks around $5-$6 million.

Protects the team in case of injury and at the same time fairly compensates Tyron if he can stay healthy and plays the majority of the season.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So we’ve lost:

Tyron Smith (starter)
Tyler Biadasz (starter)
Tony Pollard (starter)
Michael Gallup (WR3)
Dorance Armstrong (big rotation player)
Dante Fowler (big rotation player)
Neville Gallimore
LVE

And we’ve added:
Eric Kendricks

Yikes
And folks think we are just going to cruise to another 12 win season.:laugh:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The $20 million is the total that is possible to earn if he plays every game.

His base is probably just $1-$2 million with $800k-$900k bonus per each game played.

If he stays healthy and plays every game, he can bank $20.............if he gets hurt and only plays 5 games, he only banks around $5-$6 million.

Protects the team in case of injury and at the same time fairly compensates Tyron if he can stay healthy and plays the majority of the season.
We were wasting his career anyway so he put himself in a win-win situation.
We just don't have the cap to keep him it seems.
Yes I know I know they can make cap room but hey they refuse to do so for Tyron
Mr.Rodgers is happy this you can bet on.
GL # 77 and hope as an ex NY your Jets win the SB cause I know we aint!!!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
JJ going to make Dak earn every penny next year with no OL and no RB lol
Man, if I was Fat Mike I would be getting pissed right now.

This is my "make it or walk" season and the front office proceeds to gut the roster?

Mikey is more done than these pork chops :laugh:

R.1e7063af9acba07d7946c3e98917af2e

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We were wasting his career anyway so he put himself in a win-win situation.
We just don't have the cap to keep him it seems.
Yes I know I know they can make cap room but hey they refuse to do so for Tyron
Mr.Rodgers is happy this you can bet on.
GL # 77 and hope as an ex NY your Jets win the SB cause I know we aint!!!
wow this heartfelt rant should fit the GM....ooh wait that wouldnt be your intention..your jones fan, cool your now known as a jones fan

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Their failed ways have to do with a poor free agency plan they've had since 2013. I absolutely do not want to continue that.

Before that, their failures were due to drafting poorly and Jerry thinking he could make up for that by spending heavily in free agency.

Roster building takes good drafting, finding some bargains in free agency and finding a few key pieces in free agency and/or through trades. Ever since our Super Bowl days, this front office has failed at at least one of those three things.
100% correct.