Tyron update

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Makes a lot of sense. Tyron is more of an Eric Fisher type at this point in his career. Dallas can save a little over 9 million by cutting him, which is basically the difference between what he could make on the open market versus his current contract.

If he agrees to cut his salary down to his “fair market value” based on similar players, then Dallas could actually save more money this year against the cap than if they cut him outright.

Who would you rather have at swing tackle — Tyron Smith or a competition between Waletzko and a wannabe tough guy who beats up on women more than defensive linemen?

jujoboys

Reaction score
Lol. We still have to get under the cap first.
That is going to be easy once Dak signs his new extension. I have already got my popcorn ready for when the news breaks. I bet the mods could sell add space on that thread when the news hits.

Motorola

Reaction score
Good - restructure then move on to the next restructure candidate.

MAKE ROOM FOR THE WEAPONS.
After a stellar Cowboys Career resulting in a probable HOF Honor... Tyron might be thinking this is his last go-round at becoming part of an NFL Championship Team...thus yielding to the FO's request for a lesser 2023 salary.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Piece of cake. Handful of similar moves and cuts and we’ve got like 40+ mil to play with.

The salary cap is a speed bump.
Sure, just like you can put all your current expenses on a credit card. Some people can make that work, some can’t. Would you trust Jerry and Stephen with your own credit? I sure as hell wouldn’t.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Tyron has a lot of mileage on him; he is only 32 but was a starter from age 20.

Guards can last longer but tackles are a different story; Peters is very much an exception at being able to play so well at age 40.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Why pay for a guy that probably won’t play? Time to move on.
They've done a pretty poor job since 2018 of adding depth so their kind of forced to work with him if he's flexible and willing to possibly start at RT if Steele isn't ready. Josh Ball is our backup tackle right now for crying out loud.
Tyron has a lot of mileage on him; he is only 32 but was a starter from age 20.
True. He's started over 150 games in the NFL which makes him like top 1% for all players drafted. That's why I always laugh at "he's made of glass" (people made of glass don't start over 150 games)
We really do need an IQ test before someone is allowed to post.
Seriously. Tyron is one season removed from making the NFL top 100, Day 1 pro bowl roster, and finishing 3rd in the all-pro voting. Not saying he's the epiphany of health but "being washed out longer than Zeke" is a far stretch.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Makes a lot of sense. Tyron is more of an Eric Fisher type at this point in his career. Dallas can save a little over 9 million by cutting him, which is basically the difference between what he could make on the open market versus his current contract.

If he agrees to cut his salary down to his “fair market value” based on similar players, then Dallas could actually save more money this year against the cap than if they cut him outright.

Who would you rather have at swing tackle — Tyron Smith or a competition between Waletzko and a wannabe tough guy who beats up on women more than defensive linemen?
i'll take tyron as depth any day of the week right now. why sign someone elses depth when we have him that can play "as needed" now vs every down.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
i'll take tyron as depth any day of the week right now. why sign someone elses depth when we have him that can play "as needed" now vs every down.
Yep! And people forget that there’s a real person under those pads. Tyron hasn’t played a full season since 2015. Imagine if you had at least one MAJOR bodily injury each year for the the last eight years. He’s either going to retire or accept a part time role. There’s really nothing else to seriously talk about. Tyler isn’t moving to full time guard. People need to quit that, lol.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Yep! And people forget that there’s a real person under those pads. Tyron hasn’t played a full season since 2015. Imagine if you had at least one MAJOR bodily injury each year for the the last eight years. He’s either going to retire or accept a part time role. There’s really nothing else to seriously talk about. Tyler isn’t moving to full time guard. People need to quit that, lol.
people get a burr in their dreams, they tend to not want to let go but somehow force the issue so they can say I TOLD YOU SO!

i've learned to move onto the next post and let them keep waiting for that eventual day of useless glory.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is going to be easy once Dak signs his new extension. I have already got my popcorn ready for when the news breaks. I bet the mods could sell add space on that thread when the news hits.

sleepy-spongebob-thinking-hmm-h9j62biguqh31mbk.gif

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Sure, just like you can put all your current expenses on a credit card. Some people can make that work, some can’t. Would you trust Jerry and Stephen with your own credit? I sure as hell wouldn’t.
It’s easy for do that these days with AutoPay of the balance every month.