News: Tyrone Crawford key to Dallas Cowboys Defensive Success

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My guess is that people are not as willing to give him a pass for the rotator cuff excuse since he has been injured every year in the league except for 1. He wasn't even that good the year he wasn't injured.
No matter what anyone says we all want him to be a monster this year...he is ours regardless of what he is being paid. It's just hard to count on him giving much when he hasn't yet proven he is capable due to injury or lack of production...same end result.

In 2012 He was a rookie so he didn't do much but he played all 16 games. 2013 is when he blew his Achilles out in training camp. 2014 he came back for what was basically his sophomore season and he showed improvement getting 3 sacks while they figured out his position. Last year with a torn rotator cuff he still managed to get 5 sacks on 1 arm. Outside his lost 2013 season he has played in 47/48 games. So you are over playing the injury concerns.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People have been invested in him not being a very good player since his rookie season when Marinelli and the DL coach were high on him despite his sack totals. Add in the second contract and he's just never going to get the credit his level of play deserves. But he's a good DL already with upside to get better still. His best position is 3-tech, too. Im not sure what anybody's seeing to make them think he needs to play farther from the QB.

I definitely agree. I don't think it would be wise to put him on the edge where he can't fully utilize his speed and power. Right in the middle where he can push a guard/center into the qbs lap is where he belongs. People look at the end result and not the circumstances surrounding the result. With Thornton in the fold Crawford will be ready to break loose.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I definitely agree. I don't think it would be wise to put him on the edge where he can't fully utilize his speed and power. Right in the middle where he can push a guard/center into the qbs lap is where he belongs. People look at the end result and not the circumstances surrounding the result. With Thornton in the fold Crawford will be ready to break loose.

Here's a pretty good collection of gifs and SPARQ scores for Crawford.

http://www.footbology.com/film-room-dt-tyrone-crawford/

He's a good football player. I have no idea why he's not better regarded around here, but he's definitely underrated.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here's a pretty good collection of gifs and SPARQ scores for Crawford.

http://www.footbology.com/film-room-dt-tyrone-crawford/

He's a good football player. I have no idea why he's not better regarded around here, but he's definitely underrated.

He deserves a lot of credit for playing with an injured shoulder last year and producing despite it. Many here haven't allowed for that.

Here's hoping he finally is able to put forth the kind of a year that he richly deserves. Kudos. It's uncommon to have that much spirit.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He deserves a lot of credit for playing with an injured shoulder last year and producing despite it. Many here haven't allowed for that.

Here's hoping he finally is able to put forth the kind of a year that he richly deserves. Kudos. It's uncommon to have that much spirit.

I have to admit, I have a soft spot for those Boise guys for some reason. But a try-hard Canadian who came out of the 3rd round and actually produces? He's a pretty easy dude to like.

CCBoy

Reaction score

I'll support a player for the Cowboys, who plays with pure heart...until he choses to hang up his own cleats.

superonyx

Reaction score
In 2012 He was a rookie so he didn't do much but he played all 16 games. 2013 is when he blew his Achilles out in training camp. 2014 he came back for what was basically his sophomore season and he showed improvement getting 3 sacks while they figured out his position. Last year with a torn rotator cuff he still managed to get 5 sacks on 1 arm. Outside his lost 2013 season he has played in 47/48 games. So you are over playing the injury concerns.

I see what you are saying but you can't take an entire season out and then say I am overplaying injuries...that season happened...and with him getting a pass and being injured for all of last season also he just hasn't been reliable or productive. We have no real reason to expect him to suddenly be anything other than what he has been.... I hope this year is the year he finally shows us the production to match his potential.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I see what you are saying but you can't take an entire season out and then say I am overplaying injuries...that season happened...and with him getting a pass and being injured for all of last season also he just hasn't been reliable or productive. We have no real reason to expect him to suddenly be anything other than what he has been.... I hope this year is the year he finally shows us the production to match his potential.

Sorry, when handing out superlatives, injuries involve deep pain. I give that player a push, when other indicators show heart and talent, both.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Sorry, when handing out superlatives, injuries involve deep pain. I give that player a push, when other indicators show heart and talent, both.

As do the coaches, evidenced by his prospective contract.

CCBoy

Reaction score
As do the coaches, evidenced by his prospective contract.

I have seen very little that does not translate into a Jason Garrett type of player or competition being the active ingredients to player decisions.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Any player could tear an acl or Achilles or anything in the knee at any second and lose a season. Scandrick is a very healthy player but he lost all of last year with his acl. That isn't enough to say that a player isn't reliable. Same with Crawford yes he lost a season to an Achilles, but he played through this entire season with 1 arm, how many players would have just packed it in and gotten that surgery? And yes we definitely do have a reason to expect him to be more than we've seen in the past between continuation at the position (last year was only his 2nd at DT) health (having both arms) and a better running partner (Thornton over Hayden). So I'm expecting him to be our anchor this year and I don't see any reason he won't be. 10 sacks I'm calling it now.