RELEASED Tyrone Crawford to retire per McCarthy

jrumann59

Reaction score
Oh so he stole from Jerry for a decade and doesnt want to get caught? Get out while the getting is good i guess.
its not stealing when given to you free and clear. I get the hate but this guy was done a disservice by the previous regime. Hey tyrone you suck as a pass rush DE, but you seem pretty good as tackle add weight you are going to be our 3T next year, h wait Gregory got suspended again we need you play DE, and because gregory is suspended for god knows how long plan to play DE next year lose some mass. Hey Gregory is coming back thanks for losing the weight you are goin back to DT.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’m critical when and where it’s deserved. If you can’t handle that, and think Crawford deserves a ‘participation trophy’, see yourself out.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
It's the cowboys fault for trying for use. He was drafted as 3-4 end and then was kind of a tweener once the change to 4-3 happened. So the cowboys switched back and forth. Same thing they did with Byron Jones, same thing they are doing with Neal. If you need a will LB get one, if you need a FS get one and if you have to pay for it do so. If you need a NT get one. Quit converting guys trying to be smart. Quit putting 3Ts at 1 and getting SS to play FS. Quit putting CBs at S. Sign and draft what you need, not what looks cool.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Good move for Crawford. Very solid player during his prime years, but last 2 have been tough. I presume he wanted to start the free agency period to see what interest there was for his services. Phones were quiet and coupled with injuries led to this decision.

Good luck Crawford, thanks for your contributions.

he was solid in 2014-2018.

Motorola

Reaction score
God forbid you awful people could find something nice to say and wish him well. He was drafted here and spent his entire career here. He wasn't a bad player. Did you personally pay his salary? No? Then you don't get to complain about money he was paid.
Man I don't get it either. 2021 fans are something else.....we saw this guy get drafted here and end his career here......that means something.

Good luck to him on whatever he does with his future. He got to live a dream that most of us never got a chance to and never will. No shame in that.
Part of the negativity towards Crawford was fueled by the press covering Cowboys - some of them scoffing at the extension when it was offered, then bringing it up again every off season since. Some of them even put in the opinion the player should have approached the FO for him to take a pay reduction or get released. That, along with constant berating here in CZ and other Cowboys web sites ('Blogging The Boys' for one) - results in small respect to a guy who put in work at different positions on the DLine for nearly a decade.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I respect a man who gave it his all despite his physical limitations, and then for calling it quits when it was obvious to him he had no more to give.

Your beef shouldn't be with Mr. Crawford, it should be with the front office.
Yup terrible deal that tied up cap space for a Coach Rod pet cat

I won’t question his drive... but his cap number made him unlike able for his production

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Part of the negativity towards Crawford was fueled by the press covering Cowboys - some of them scoffing at the extension when it was offered, then bringing it up again every off season since. Some of them even put in the opinion the player should have approached the FO for him to take a pay reduction or get released. That, along with constant berating here in CZ and other Cowboys web sites ('Blogging The Boys' for one) - results in small respect to a guy who put in work at different positions on the DLine for nearly a decade.
That's more indictment on the fans and those fans who also are paid to cover the team. He earned the contract. Everything that happened afterwards not exactly his fault. That said, it's so easy to just wish him well and keep moving.