Twitter: UDFA WR Dennis Houston has gotten McCarthy's attention

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Where did you hear that Houston was that fast ?

In fact his lack of top tier 40 time speed was supposedly the lead reason why he went undrafted.

Regardless my hope always is we get another under the radar Cedrick Wilson type in this undrafted rookie class.

Showing results for what is dennis houston 40 time
Search instead for what is dennis houstons 40 time

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
His 4.41-second 40-yard dash time at the NFL Combine certainly caught the eyes of many scouts.May 14, 2022

But going back to the page I also saw this one:

Dennis Houston Wide Receiver Western Illinois - NFL Draft Buzz
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com › Player › Dennis-Housto...

Dennis Houston WR Western Illinois NFL Draft Profile & Scouting Report ; 40 time: 4.52 seconds ; Height: 6-2 Weight: 205 ; View all Western Illinois Draft ...

There seems to be some discrepancy for sure.

quickccc

Reaction score
Showing results for what is dennis houston 40 time
Search instead for what is dennis houstons 40 time

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
His 4.41-second 40-yard dash time at the NFL Combine certainly caught the eyes of many scouts.May 14, 2022

But going back to the page I also saw this one:

Dennis Houston Wide Receiver Western Illinois - NFL Draft Buzz
https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com › Player › Dennis-Housto...

Dennis Houston WR Western Illinois NFL Draft Profile & Scouting Report ; 40 time: 4.52 seconds ; Height: 6-2 Weight: 205 ; View all Western Illinois Draft ...

There seems to be some discrepancy for sure.

if you look closer at that article (from Landry Hat) i think it was referring more to safety Markus Bell ,.. not Houston.

https://thelandryhat.com/2022/05/14...s 4.41-second 40-yard,the eyes of many scouts.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Right now all Houston can do is continue to show up at camp and make plays that come his way. It is a big jump going from small school as an UDFA to being in the lineup in the NFL. We will find out if the moment is too big for him or not, thus far he is doing what he needs to do and that is all that one can expect.

glimmerman

Reaction score
i think so as well.
which is why i'm really excited to watch these pre-season games to see if it's well founded or just bluster.
I think they will be able to contribute right away. If we have a good run game and get Shultz in there we can get them in there we will be ok till Gallup comes back..

cowboyec

Reaction score
I think they will be able to contribute right away. If we have a good run game and get Shultz in there we can get them in there we will be ok till Gallup comes back..
it sounds like tj vasher is making the most of it.
our run game is needed for sure.
if vasher plays up to the reports...i agree with you.
plus whatever we can get out of an outta nowhere guy like dennis houston.
if these young guys continue to impress...its intiguing as hell to watch it play out.
mccarthy wants balance...our run game MUST be on track.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The talents of our 2nd year WRs and UDFAs this year, should offer pleasant surprises, as the games get underway.
I feel confident that we've hit the jackpot -- it may not mean a SB, but good things do happen to good teams!:thumbup:

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
it sounds like tj vasher is making the most of it.
our run game is needed for sure.
if vasher plays up to the reports...i agree with you.
plus whatever we can get out of an outta nowhere guy like dennis houston.
if these young guys continue to impress...its intiguing as hell to watch it play out.
mccarthy wants balance...our run game MUST be on track.
Yeah and practice is so hard to tell. And we won’t show much in preseason but we will see some contact and more of a football speed. We just get some consistency. I don’t even care if we ride the run for a few games and dink and dunk down the field till these WRs get there feet wet..

cowboyec

Reaction score
Yeah and practice is so hard to tell. And we won’t show much in preseason but we will see some contact and more of a football speed. We just get some consistency. I don’t even care if we ride the run for a few games and dink and dunk down the field till these WRs get there feet wet..
i'm most intrigued by wr dennis houston.
not familiar with him at all...very excited to watch him.
i'm a fan of rb rico dowdle...glad he's recovered and running well.
looking forward to this pre-season.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Ran a 4.52, not speedster but not slow

40 TIME: 4.52 SECONDS
HEIGHT: 6-2 WEIGHT: 205

One thing some fans don't often consider is a player who runs a 4.52 but is a crisp route runner generally creates more separation than a player who is just a 4.2/4.3 blazer. Randall Williams was the poster boy for that. Roy Williams claims he saw him run a 4.04.