Twitter: UDFA WR Dennis Houston has gotten McCarthy's attention

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
One thing some fans don't often consider is a player who runs a 4.52 but is a crisp route runner generally creates more separation than a player who is just a 4.2/4.3 blazer. Randall Williams was the poster boy for that. Roy Williams claims he saw him run a 4.04.

40 yard dash really has nothing to do with top speed. Bigger guys get off the line slow and that lowers their overall 40. But their top speed may be faster.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
He has feet to run good routes. Built like Dez. We will see if the hype is real in live action pre season. I ain't drinking no Kool Aid yet as we never heard of him until Washington got hurt and everyone was saying Jerry Dumbo GM Jones should have kept Pro Bowl WR Amari Cooper.

Dennis Houston, DS #45 WR, Western Illinois
Name: Dennis Houston
443.0.jpg

College: Western Illinois Number: 10
Height: 6-1 Weight: 198
Position: WR Pos2: KR
Class/Draft Year: rSr/2022
40 Low: 4.45 40 Time: 4.49 40 High: 4.55
Combine Results
Combine Invite:
Height: 6011
Weight: 198
Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
40 Yard Dash (ET):
40 Yard Dash (HH):
20 Yard (ET):
20 Yard (HH):
10 Yard (ET):
10 Yard (HH): 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump:
Broad Jump:
20 Yrd Shuttle:
3-Cone Drill:

Pro Day Results
Dates: 03/22/22 03/08/22@Northwestern
Hand: 08 5/8 Arm: 31 5/8
Wingspan: 75 1/2

Height: 6011
Weight: 198
40 Yrd Dash: 4.49
20 Yrd Dash: 2.69
10 Yrd Dash: 1.55 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 19
Vertical Jump: 39
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.35
3-Cone Drill: 7.17
40 Time Range: 4.48-4.50/Projected 4.54

glimmerman

Reaction score
We need these young guys. Better show em everthing.
Am sure they are shown everything. But can they run it consistently. Any confusion and it’s trouble. It’s how they learn but rather it happen in practice and preseason. I don’t think Dak will play preseason. Why not a series or 2 in the last or 2nd game.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We need some young WRs to step up.
:hammer:
This team needs to discover some young WRs like Columbus discovering large shore lines.
Its a desperate situation, so desperate that talented players like Pollard that have been sitting around making Moores eye lid twitch, probably get taken a look at.
KM couldnt be any slower to the light.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Am sure they are shown everything. But can they run it consistently. Any confusion and it’s trouble. It’s how they learn but rather it happen in practice and preseason. I don’t think Dak will play preseason. Why not a series or 2 in the last or 2nd game.

Nothing is ever perfect buddy. You want them to make YOU feel better?

An out is an out. A cross is a cross.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This team needs to discover some young WRs like Columbus discovering large shore lines.
Its a desperate situation, so desperate that talented players like Pollard that have been sitting around making Moores eye lid twitch, probably get taken a look at.

So hilarious. One game these cry babies see one or two of these young guys catch some passes in a real game and they will be singing the homer praises.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Pollard does have decent receiver skills

Pass2Run

Reaction score
At first, Houston was one of my least favorite candidates as UDFA. But I'm totally coming around on him. Hoping he lands on the team.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
How’s Wentz doing?

Not sure why people do this when someone likes a player that doesn't turn out.

Even the best evaluators are wrong, sometimes.

Where did you hear that Houston was that fast ?

In fact his lack of top tier 40 time speed was supposedly the lead reason why he went undrafted.

Regardless my hope always is we get another under the radar Cedrick Wilson type in this undrafted rookie class.

He is that fast. I usually recommend googling the players name + 40 time.