Recommended ****Udfa's Thread****

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm sure other teams do it as well, but I love how Dallas grabs these players who were forced to not play their best position in college, such as Neal (who should have been a DE or rush LB) and Skipper (who performed well at RT before being moved to LT).

Schemes, needs of the team really do some of these players an injustice.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I'm sure other teams do it as well, but I love how Dallas grabs these players who were forced to not play their best position in college, such as Neal (who should have been a DE or rush LB) and Skipper (who performed well at RT before being moved to LT).

You are not going to hit with all your picks but for the first time in a long time, I really feel like Dallas has a good feel for which traits and skill set fits into their schemes. For years, I thought Dallas was all over the map on the type of guys they drafted. Not only did they take gambles on players (position switch, low motor, injury risk, etc) but I thought they didn't really know what players were needed for their schemes. Now, I feel like Dallas just tries to hit it down the fairway with guys who fit certain traits on the field and with guys with good leadership traits.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That is interesting. Just going off the brief highlights of each UDFA, he was one of the guys who looked least impressive.

Although these offenses tend to limit the effectiveness of the TE, so maybe they think there is more there then he has showed. He is pretty well down on the guys who interest me as UDFA.
It does not mean he is the best one, but it could just come down to demand.

Here are top paid UDFAs:

C-vsAx6XsAEIj_C.jpg

Anyone see that is a virtual list of the best players? Of course not.

If he has a good agent and Dallas really wants him, he got the biggest cut of the FA pie. Depends on who else was fighting for him and why.

The UDFA process has a lot of factors involved. If you are not drafted, and you don't care where you go, your agent, if they are any good are going to get you the best deal first regardless of your best case scenario might be. I might want to go to a team that plays their scrubs a lot in preseason so I get a bunch of tape out there. Sometimes an agent tells a team, don't bother with my client unless you draft him. So it all shifts around based on a lot of things.

Not always do these players make a calculated decision and say I am going here because I can make the team. They may not care where they go. Not everyone is like Tony Romo was. And teams do overpay. We had a huge bonus to George Farmer and he couldn't even make it to the second wave of cuts. But he was able to establish a UDFA market, we just won him because we paid more.

Ever hear of Colorado OLB Jimmie Gilbert? Apparently the Jaguars really liked him but didn't want to draft him. So he got paid.

They can put things on tape in preseason games to get picked up. The talent is not that overwhelming that good and healthy players are walking the street after final cuts. It is all about attrition for the most part.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
How does a player go from projected first round pick to an UDFA? Playing out of position might cause you to fall in the draft, but to fall completely out of it??? Is he really that talented? If so, why didn't someone pull the trigger on him somewhere in the draft???
Maybe he was "misdiagnosed."

tyke1doe

Reaction score

If you're a player, you're a player. I hope Neal is the Real Deal. I was hoping for more pass rushing help from this draft.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If you're a player, you're a player. I hope Neal is the Real Deal. I was hoping for more pass rushing help from this draft.

Just went and watched some highlights. He's got a fairly thick build with good lower-body power. He mainly used his thickness to provide leverage to go with decent speed to get around the tackle on the plays he made. I wouldn't expect him to be able to get around NFL tackles that way on a regular basis, but other similarly built pass rushers have been able to defy those odds.

Wood

Reaction score
Either the Eagles outworked Dallas for UDFA or Dallas depth has improved to point it scaring players away from signing here.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Either the Eagles outworked Dallas for UDFA or Dallas depth has improved to point it scaring players away from signing here.
guys like Corey Clement and billy brown are not going to come here,they have no spots open.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Something I dug up on Ivie, Shrine game practice reports

Mon: Ivie displayed quickness on multiple occasions in the one-on-one drills and was also able to showcase his strength when moving upfield in the 11-on-11 period.

Tues: Ivie is continuing to play at a high level. He has very quick and violent hands when meeting a blocker. He was very fast off the ball, but, at times, a little out of control. His lower body strength was displayed thoughout the one-on-one drills, driving back multiple offensive linemen.

Wed: Ivie looked strong today and was violent throughout the 2-on-1 period. He had violent hands and was able to split a double team, as well as displaying his leg strength when he sat in a double team and didn’t move. He had some mental mistakes during positional drills but was impressive, overall.

Analysis: Ivie was the best out of all the defensive tackle prospects on the East squad. He is very fast rushing up the field and has a violent initial punch. He has a low pad level combined with great leg strength and good mobility. Overall, Ivie was able to impress, the past few days.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's weird to see someone who doesn't like good music. Real music, ya know (well, maybe not) where musicians actually manipulate an instrument to create tones and melody.

"Real/good music" is in the ear of the beholder. I do not relate to and don't like classic rock.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Just watched Jahad "The 5 God" Thomas highlight and WOW. Speed and a heck of a spin move to juke. Tack on kick return ability...Im sold! Man... I love this time of year.
How does this guy not get drafted?!?

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Something I dug up on Ivie, Shrine game practice reports

Mon: Ivie displayed quickness on multiple occasions in the one-on-one drills and was also able to showcase his strength when moving upfield in the 11-on-11 period.

Tues: Ivie is continuing to play at a high level. He has very quick and violent hands when meeting a blocker. He was very fast off the ball, but, at times, a little out of control. His lower body strength was displayed thoughout the one-on-one drills, driving back multiple offensive linemen.

Wed: Ivie looked strong today and was violent throughout the 2-on-1 period. He had violent hands and was able to split a double team, as well as displaying his leg strength when he sat in a double team and didn’t move. He had some mental mistakes during positional drills but was impressive, overall.

Analysis: Ivie was the best out of all the defensive tackle prospects on the East squad. He is very fast rushing up the field and has a violent initial punch. He has a low pad level combined with great leg strength and good mobility. Overall, Ivie was able to impress, the past few days.
Nice. I saw a little something from the videos I saw of him. The Alabama game was iffy though lol

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Carrell. Last year Collins and Tapper.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Real/good music" is in the ear of the beholder. I do not relate to and don't like classic rock.
Too bad. You are missing out.

Some people, especially young people think being a fan of specific music and hating other (classic) music somehow makes them cool.

i appreciate any style of music if the artist(s) are talented and have good material.

A few that I like:

Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Eagles
George Jones, Patsy Cline
Snoop, Tupac
Michael Jackson, Prince
Tom Morello, Nirvana
Bruno Mars, Kendrick Lamar
Bee Gees, Peter Frampton
Muddy Waters, Blind Willie Johnson
Stevie Ray, Clapton
Elvis, Hendrix
Billy Joel, Elton John
Journey, Guns N' Roses
Natalie Merchant, Whitney Houston

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamar running back Kade Harrington has been invited to attend the Dallas Cowboys rookie minicamp.

The all-time leading rusher in Lamar history, Harrington is a former Southland Conference Player of the Year.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/www....vite-Lamar-RB-Kade-Harrington-to-11113221.php

Gaede

Reaction score
Lamar running back Kade Harrington has been invited to attend the Dallas Cowboys rookie minicamp.

The all-time leading rusher in Lamar history, Harrington is a former Southland Conference Player of the Year.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/www....vite-Lamar-RB-Kade-Harrington-to-11113221.php
That's gotta be a fullback

Edit: nevermind. Thought the guy in your sig was the rb