Recommended ****Udfa's Thread****

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I did some research on Skipper and even though he was all-SEC, he struggled a bit with penalties and pressure his senior year when he played left tackle. But it seems like his most productive year was his junior year, when he played Right Tackle . Here is a blurb:

Skipper started all 13 games at right tackle and finished second on the team with an 83 percent offensive grade, participating in more than 900 snaps. He earned an 80 percent grade or better in a team-best 12 games, including the final seven, and graded the highest on the offensive line four times.

The Arvada, Colorado, native totaled 53 knockdowns and didn’t commit a penalty over the final nine games of the season. He helped the Arkansas offensive line lead the Southeastern Conference in fewest sacks allowed for the third straight year and paved the way for running back Alex Collins to run for more than 1,500 yards and become just the third player in SEC history with three straight 1,000-yard campaigns to begin his career.

jamesdojr

Reaction score
I was hopeful we would have found a tight end in this draft. I think that could potentially be a short term need. You don't know when Witten slips where he is a below average starter. After him, I think we just have JAGS.
I really like the gamble on Rico but he is still a long shot. Ideally you hope he finds a way on the team as a third or fourth TE and finds a small role where he contributes and then over the next two years grows into the role as a blocking, physical and athletic TE in the mold of Marcellus Bennett. But that is still a long shot.

The biggest mistake will be drafting Switzer instead of Jake Butt. Got a feeling Jake's gonna be a top tier NFL Tight end. I think he would have grown up nicely with Dak, Zeke, Dez, and the young Oline.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score

Bocephus

Reaction score
I did some research on Skipper and even though he was all-SEC, he struggled a bit with penalties and pressure his senior year when he played left tackle. But it seems like his most productive year was his junior year, when he played Right Tackle . Here is a blurb:

Skipper started all 13 games at right tackle and finished second on the team with an 83 percent offensive grade, participating in more than 900 snaps. He earned an 80 percent grade or better in a team-best 12 games, including the final seven, and graded the highest on the offensive line four times.

The Arvada, Colorado, native totaled 53 knockdowns and didn’t commit a penalty over the final nine games of the season. He helped the Arkansas offensive line lead the Southeastern Conference in fewest sacks allowed for the third straight year and paved the way for running back Alex Collins to run for more than 1,500 yards and become just the third player in SEC history with three straight 1,000-yard campaigns to begin his career.
He also has blocked 7 field goals.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
The biggest mistake will be drafting Switzer instead of Jake Butt. Got a feeling Jake's gonna be a top tier NFL Tight end. I think he would have grown up nicely with Dak, Zeke, Dez, and the young Oline.

C'mon man'-Guy has blown same knee out twice-big medical risk.
Switzer is going to catch 70 balls eventually and be a good return man.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Unless the team doctors say otherwise that's what I would have done. That's what I was hoping for. Instead we got a Wonka worker.

Carson

Reaction score

Looks like a good crop of tight ends next year

Tight End
1. Mark Andrews, Oklahoma* (6-4, 250, 4.77)
2. Mike Gisecki, Penn State (6-5, 252, 4.85)
3. Troy Fumagalli, Wisconsin (6-5, 248, 4.84)
4. Tyrone Wheatley, Michigan* (6-5, 276, 4.89)
5. Deandre Goolsby, Florida (6-4, 245, 4.76)

Hailmary

Reaction score
Looks like a good crop of tight ends next year

Tight End
1. Mark Andrews, Oklahoma* (6-4, 250, 4.77)
2. Mike Gisecki, Penn State (6-5, 252, 4.85)
3. Troy Fumagalli, Wisconsin (6-5, 248, 4.84)
4. Tyrone Wheatley, Michigan* (6-5, 276, 4.89)
5. Deandre Goolsby, Florida (6-4, 245, 4.76)
I watched one Wisconsin game last season and Fumagalli caught everything in his zip code. I think he also has a nub for one of his fingers, making his performance even that much more impressive.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score

I can agree, but we need to draft players that can player early in their initial contracts so we know what we have. This team can not continue to draft redshirt type players and expect to be relevant. So, sorry, no Butt for me now. For all we know Rico may be adequate..well...maybe....

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Respectfully, so can Switzer. Grow up with Dak and Zeke, I mean.

Butt is a nice prospect but even without his injury he wasn't really a first round pick, IMO.

Plus, if Witten goes down for a few games, we have Swaim, Rico, etc. If Beasley goes down, we had **** all to replace him. Lucky just isn't the guy to do it.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Just watched Jahad "The 5 God" Thomas highlight and WOW. Speed and a heck of a spin move to juke. Tack on kick return ability...Im sold! Man... I love this time of year.
He doesn't have speed so much as he has change of direction ability. I think change of direction is more important anyway. Lucky had speed but terrible change of direction.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Stop overrating Butt because he's slow, white, went to a top school, caught a good number of balls, and reminds you of Witten (never mind the fact that he can't block). He was a second round talent at best when healthy and that's probably a low second. :facepalm:

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Did you watch his game footage? He played well against Myles Garrett.