UFO’s? Yes, but why?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I will start with the caveat that our understanding of possible life on other planets is limited by our own experiences here on earth. We do not know what we do not know. Our minds tend to think in the construct of what humans have experienced here on earth.

I once subscribed to the theory that there are an infinite number of planets in the universe, therefore, there must be intelligent life on an infinite number of planets in the universe. And this still may be true. It is hard to imagine a universe with so many planets and life only began on 1.

On the other hand, just because there is life on other planets does not mean it would be easy for them, no matter how intelligent, to find us. It would be like finding the proverbial needle in a haystack and the haystack is the size of a large planet. Also, the nearest planets capable of supporting life, as we know it, are many light years away. So let's say there is intelligent life on a planet 200 light years from earth. That's 200 years to get here traveling at the speed of light, which according to Einstein is not possible. Perhaps beings smarter than us have figured out a way around that. Perhaps traveling through wormholes is possible, or bending space and time is possible. It is still such a difficult problem to solve. Still, the universe is very old and there are many planets older than earth so we can assume that on some planets life began before life on earth and that life on those planets is more evolved. It is also possible beings may have developed that are just smarter than humans.

The question is, a species that is capable of interstellar travel, having overcome all the issues with relativity, is probably nothing like humans. How could we even hope to understand how they think, what culture they developed, or their societal norms. Every concept of human behavior gets thrown out the window. If you want to know why they are here, and why they have not made formal contact, how could we possibly answer those questions not knowing anything about them?

I don't know if UFOs are real, but I lean towards no, simply because the problems of interstellar space travel are so difficult to solve and the vastness of space is so incomprehensible. Also, think about this, the radio was invented in the late 1800s and serious radio transmissions did not begin for many years after that. That means a planet 200 light years from earth would still not yet receive our radio transmissions. How would they even know we are here? I can't explain the UFO sightings we are seeing recently, but I am inclined to believe it is something other than space travelers from a distant planet.

Then again, if some alien races has figured out how to manipulate gravity, then they could literally bend space making interstellar travel possible.
The thing about other planets being older is that we've have 5 mass extinction events here on Earth, and it seems likely other planets would experience similar tragedies. So a planets age seems less relevant when you look at it that way

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Aliens are very real But our governments world wide realize the general population would not know how to react to them . I want to meet one before I kick the bucket

Yeah, that's why Tom DeLonge started his company. It's a way of trying to normalize it so it doesn't cause chaos. A slow release leading to an ultimate reveal. I thought it was a joke at first, then realized he has a lot of legitimate figures in the company. It's no joke.

kskboys

Reaction score
Except they exceeded the laws of physics as we understand them. Watch a few and you will be convinced. Naval pilots who understand physics and aerodynamics were baffled.
Sooner or later, science explains everything. So, the only question is, will it be explained by aliens spaceships or some govt stuff!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
The thing about other planets being older is that we've have 5 mass extinction events here on Earth, and it seems likely other planets would experience similar tragedies. So a planets age seems less relevant when you look at it that way
Unless their technology was advanced enough to avert the causes of the mass extinctions.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unless their technology was advanced enough to avert the causes of the mass extinctions.
Of course, but our events happened before humans (allegedly intelligent life) existed. We're more likely to cause a mass extinction than prevent one. Why would it be any more likely for another species to do better?

Also, we probably have fewer catastrophic asteroid and comet strikes, thanks to having planets like Jupiter to protect us.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Of course, but our events happened before humans (allegedly intelligent life) existed. We're more likely to cause a mass extinction than prevent one. Why would it be any more likely for another species to do better?

Also, we probably have fewer catastrophic asteroid and comet strikes, thanks to having planets like Jupiter to protect us.

I agree. It is called eugenics, and we may be witnessing some if it right now.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree. It is called eugenics, and we may be witnessing some if it right now.
I'm not seeing why you brought up eugenics...unless you're thinking eugenics will be responsible for causing the extinction of the human race, due to some type of genetic mutation or something?...or maybe that the desire to improve the human race will cause another, more genocidal "final solution"?

DFWJC

Reaction score
As far as them conquering us, them getting here doesn't mean they'd be able to bring huge armies over.
Seriously doubt it would require any army at all if they had the ability to get here. That is IF they had the desire to do so...which is doubtful.
Exterminating us would be a piece of cake, unlike a movie like Independence Day may lead some to think.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously doubt it would require any army at all if they had the ability to get here. That is IF they had the desire to do so...which is doubtful.
Exterminating us would be a piece of cake, unlike a movie like Independence Day may lead some to think.
Part of their plan would be to use us against us and we'd be more than happy to comply.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I'm not seeing why you brought up eugenics...unless you're thinking eugenics will be responsible for causing the extinction of the human race, due to some type of genetic mutation or something?...or maybe that the desire to improve the human race will cause another, more genocidal "final solution"?

population control

40-50 million abortions a year
sterilizations through pharmaceuticals
chemicals lowering reproductive rates
and various other things happening

hard to look at it, and not see it as us causing a mass extinction. not by bombs, but most likely what is listed above and biologicals

our vegetables and fruits have their seeds inside themselves, and you look at gmo's that do not produce seed, and the start of genetically modified humans is happening

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
population control

40-50 million abortions a year
sterilizations through pharmaceuticals
chemicals lowering reproductive rates
and various other things happening

hard to look at it, and not see it as us causing a mass extinction
Not so hard when you consider the population continues to grow.

Personally, I feel that human overpopulation will be the biggest factor in Earth's demise, or at least our demise. Starvation, disease, greenhouse gases, pollution, etc. can all be greatly reduced if people would simply limit their reproduction.

Creeper

Reaction score
As far as them conquering us, them getting here doesn't mean they'd be able to bring huge armies over.

If they can get here, they probably won't need a huge army to conquer us. For one thing, they may not be bound by earth morality, and the use of nukes, chemical or biological agents may be perfectly acceptable to them. It could be a reverse war of the worlds. They simply release a pathogen on earth and come back in 10 years when the population has been wiped out. The only question would be, why would they want to do that?

Creeper

Reaction score

This is true, but what has happened on earth may not apply at all on another planet. Mass extinction events are a matter of timing as much as anything else. Maybe they avoided the big asteroid hits. Or maybe they found a way to defend themselves before such an event took place. Maybe where they comes from asteroids are not as numerous as in our galaxy. Or maybe they are more adaptable than earth species. This is why I prefaced my comments about not thinking like earthlings or our earthly experiences.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is true, but what has happened on earth may not apply at all on another planet. Mass extinction events are a matter of timing as much as anything else. Maybe they avoided the big asteroid hits. Or maybe they found a way to defend themselves before such an event took place. Maybe where they comes from asteroids are not as numerous as in our galaxy. Or maybe they are more adaptable than earth species. This is why I prefaced my comments about not thinking like earthlings or our earthly experiences.
All possible. But planets were all formed pretty much the same way, so it stands to reason they would all have excess debris that wasn't drawn in by gravity of what became the planet, revolving around their stars as well. In our case, Jupiter, Uranus, and Saturn all play a vital part in protecting us from asteroids and such, and our sun is small, young and far enough away to keep us at a safe distance from its coronal mass ejections and solar flares. There are so many ways a planet can become extinct. The one I find scariest is a gamma ray burst, because it travels at the speed of light, so it would strip away our atmosphere and we would never have seen it coming. It could happen before you finish rea...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If they can get here, they probably won't need a huge army to conquer us. For one thing, they may not be bound by earth morality, and the use of nukes, chemical or biological agents may be perfectly acceptable to them. It could be a reverse war of the worlds. They simply release a pathogen on earth and come back in 10 years when the population has been wiped out. The only question would be, why would they want to do that?
Not to mention that if they were to come, it would probably be in generational ships, with a whole civilization in tow. What people claim to see, if real, would probably just be scout ships, or even unmanned probes.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Not so hard when you consider the population continues to grow.

Personally, I feel that human overpopulation will be the biggest factor in Earth's demise, or at least our demise. Starvation, disease, greenhouse gases, pollution, etc. can all be greatly reduced if people would simply limit their reproduction.

Do you think we should figure out how to terraform and make an inhospitable landscape on mars livable in hope to relocate there? There is a massive amount of desert land on earth, we could do that on. I drive across the US and most of what i see is green land and no people

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do you think we should figure out how to terraform and make an inhospitable landscape on mars livable in hope to relocate there? There is a massive amount of desert land on earth, we could do that on. I drive across the US and most of what i see is green land and no people
If the population continues to grow, it's going to be imperative that we colonize other planets or moons, or even build enormous ships. There comes a point where one planet could no longer sustain everyone. It's either expand, control the population, or die.