UFO’s? Yes, but why?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Not so hard when you consider the population continues to grow.

Personally, I feel that human overpopulation will be the biggest factor in Earth's demise, or at least our demise. Starvation, disease, greenhouse gases, pollution, etc. can all be greatly reduced if people would simply limit their reproduction.

If we don’t find a way to control our population growth, sooner or later nature will find a way to control our population for us.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't believe lack of oxygen is a problem. Damage to ecosystems is a problem, but that is a way of life, not a too many people issue. If people knew how to live with the land and not destroy it, it would work out.

If we never manufactured plastics, most of the products we use, and stuff we don't need that would fix a large amount of the problems. But it is a complete life style change, and won't happen

Deforestation is interesting. Have you looked into the amazon being an overgrown garden? That at one time, all of that was farm land, and some of the best farm land in the world. It makes you question the amazon narrative that has been pushed. Were all those hidden cities and places really built in a jungle? Not saying either way, it is just interesting

Trees can be planted. And birds and animals help them be spread as well.
When you blame overpopulation, you are saying I want to eliminate people because I want to sustain my consumerism way of life. It is shifting the problem
Possibly, however you are proposing a perfect world. Doesn't work that way.

kskboys

Reaction score
we can always find the 5 infinity stones, and snap our fingers, haha. Thanos had some ideas on this

There is this book, that has instructions on how to live, what to eat, when to plant, how to farm, how to deal with disease, how to handle social issues and "government", how to treat your neighbor, and fix all these problems. But getting everyone to follow it has not worked out
And never will.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well, a person would pretty much need to be living locked up in a big sea chest like the "gimp" from that pulp fiction flick ,for them to deny the fully visible evidence of intelligent beings having once inhabitated planet MARS,that being stated, even the NEBIRUIANS , half brothers ENILI & ENKI had gotten into an heated discussion concerning the creation of mankind, acknowledging the existence & BEING of THEIR GREAT CREATOR who had made themselves into existence & was the creator of all that is.( Wrap yer' head around that concept with wet leather Bible binding & call me in the morning)o_O

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think human over population is a problem personally.
Not that the earth can’t sustain humans at our current level, but that is surviving and even more of us surviving, relies on us destroying the habitats and killing off other animals.

it’s nature, but it’s also not good.

All that being said. I think KsK is right in that, wishing humans would act differently, is just being overly optimistic IMO. It’s just not in our nature.

not until the earth forces our population to decrease.

HungryLion

Reaction score
On a side note to the evolution debate.

I know we can’t discuss religion and I don’t want to lead the discussion down that path.

but I don’t think evolution necessarily means there is no creator either.

If an intelligent being is creating something, they usually draw up plans for how they are going to create it, and how things work.

who is to say that a divine creator didn’t create how evolution works, in order to allow the life that they created to thrive and adjust over time, to the circumstances on the planet they created.

no different than an engineer who designs a car that can both keep itself cool and running in 90+ degree heat, while also being able to warm up and function in -10 degree temperatures during winter.

I won’t say anymore because of the rules. But I think there is more than enough room for Science AND religion if people want to think about things in an open minded way.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This is a message to you Thanosians.

We have enough debris in our own solar system to build several more planets. So we could try traveling the stars, or we could just nuke Saturn. Stealing its liquified metal core and use that metal to make us another heated core.

Boom, problem solved. No need for Thanos followers to kill half the population, just build more planets.
:thumbup:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Not that the earth can’t sustain humans at our current level, but that is surviving and even more of us surviving, relies on us destroying the habitats and killing off other animals.

But this is based on our current way of living. People having the ability to travel anywhere at a drop of the hat, AC in every house, every type of food 2 minutes from you, and etc. People in the US live better than kings throught history.

In order to maintain the convenience of our life, population becomes a problem. But at its root, it is not the problem

HungryLion

Reaction score
But this is based on our current way of living. People having the ability to travel anywhere at a drop of the hat, AC in every house, every type of food 2 minutes from you, and etc. People in the US live better than kings throught history.

In order to maintain the convenience of our life, population becomes a problem. But at its root, it is not the problem

If you ignore the impact our behavior and growth had on the world around us and other animals and their ecosystems even before modern times.

Human population doesn’t seem to be a problem from our perspective. But from the ecosystems, plants and animals that we wiped even long before modern times, it has been.

but again that’s the nature of humans. Just about every other living being on earth has to adapt to their environment or not survive.

Us humans, we are able to adapt the environment around us, to allow us to survive.
That has consequences for everything else that relies on that environment.

So in a way you’re right. I mean depending how far back in lifestyles you want to go. If we all went back to being hunter gatherers...... rather than building civilizations, then yes. Population wouldn’t be an issue.

then again, would 6 billion humans be able to survive if we were all just living the hunter gatherer lifestyle? Idk. Our lifestyles and adapting the world around us is one of the things that allows 6 billions people to be on the planet in the first place IMO

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If you ignore the impact our behavior and growth had on the world around us and other animals and their ecosystems even before modern times.

Human population doesn’t seem to be a problem from our perspective. But from the ecosystems, plants and animals that we wiped even long before modern times, it has been.

but again that’s the nature of humans. Just about every other living being on earth has to adapt to their environment or not survive.

Us humans, we are able to adapt the environment around us, to allow us to survive.
That has consequences for everything else that relies on that environment.

So in a way you’re right. I mean depending how far back in lifestyles you want to go. If we all went back to being hunter gatherers...... rather than building civilizations, then yes. Population wouldn’t be an issue.

then again, would 6 billion humans be able to survive if we were all just living the hunter gatherer lifestyle? Idk. Our lifestyles and adapting the world around us is one of the things that allows 6 billions people to be on the planet in the first place IMO

I wish I new more history, and knew when the sentiment of people became that of overpopulation being a problem, and the results of it. We are talking about it in worldly proportion, but i can almost guarantee it has been a issue on smaller scales.

The biggest question that comes to my mind, is who gets to live, who gets to reproduce, and who gets to decide. Scary road

Thinning the herd is already happening, and we are not the ones deciding

HungryLion

Reaction score
I wish I new more history, and knew when the sentiment of people became that of overpopulation being a problem, and the results of it. We are talking about it in worldly proportion, but i can almost guarantee it has been a issue on smaller scales.

The biggest question that comes to my mind, is who gets to live, who gets to reproduce, and who gets to decide. Scary road

I’m not saying we have to thin the herd. Just pointing out that it is what it is.

nature will thin the herd for us, if things get too out of hand. That’s how the world works. To be honest.

As far as somebody deciding to thin the herd for us. I’m not getting into speculative stuff like that. I honestly don’t really buy it.

I think some countries rate of population growth slowing or going negative, has far more to do with the lifestyle changes you mentioned earlier rather than someone “deciding”.

Some People just don’t need to have a lot of kids nowadays and/or choose not to. For a lot of different reasons. Infant/child mortality rate being much lower so people don’t feel the need to have a lot of kids. Availability of contraception, people not needing to have kids as a labor source, etc etc.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I’m not saying we have to thin the herd. Just pointing out that it is what it is.

nature will thin the herd for us, if things get too out of hand. That’s how the world works. To be honest.

I agree on that, but I also thinking it is currently happening unnaturally

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
25750570-curious-monkey.jpg

Hello!
d1cbqu8-6a091e6d-6788-49b6-8d77-db64a26f85b8.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Everyone can reproduce. As long as they only have one or two children, the population decreases. (Assuming not everyone has two.)