***Ultimate TO thread part II***

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I was thinking about their situation earlier today....this is probably the first time where I am actually backing the Eagles organization.

TO is clearly a baby and needs to be stood up to. The Eagles are clearly doing that.

TO is pushing his teammates away from him like it is them who aren't giving him a new contract.

I think that Reid has had more than enough of him and would like to trade him. No way would I ever want him here. If he were to come here, I would hope that he went across the middle and got messed up....not necessarily injured for life as I don't wish that on anybody, but I think that you know what I mean.

I have a feeling that the Eagles are done....D O N E.

And it's not just because of TO although that is a big reason....

Who do they have at WR? Even if TO were to play....which he still may....who is the other WR, now?

I don't think that we will get swept by them and will now be surprised if they do beat us....that's right.....I'm predicting that we will beat them twice this season.

Philly is under turmoil and I can just hear the announcers now....talking about how this situation will make them stronger....I won't drink that kool-aid.

parchy

Reaction score
While I don't think Philly is 'done,' I think the problems they're having will have a far greater toll than anybody is predicting. With Westbrook, Simon and TO all being little *****es this off-season, the team isn't focused... at all. They'll still probably win 12-13 games, but there's no way they win the Big One this year... no way.

Woods

Reaction score
I think the Eagles defense will have to take them to the post season this year, IMO.

On offense, they are weaker at WR than last season, with or without TO. Even if TO plays, he seems like he could fly of the ledge any time. Is he going to be dependable? I'd guess he will continue to distance himself from his teammates and generally disrupt the team. That's what he typically does.

With respect to the running game, will Westbrook be able to continue where he left off? Once again, there is some bad blood there.

There is only so much McNabb can do on his own.

If our defense actually gets it together this year, I think the Dallas-Philly games will be especially entertaining.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing is for sure. This is not the young, united, pickle juice drinking team we once faced. In fact, I think the shoe just switched to the other foot. Except, we don't need no stinking pickle juice:)

lspain1

Reaction score
Without T.O., and that is looking increasingly likely, the Eagles are going to have a much more difficult time this season. T.O. made McNabb and the whole Eagle offense better and less predictable. The Eagle defense has talent and pretty good depth (although less than last season). They will remain the favorites in the NFC East but I question their ability to beat a healthy Carolina, Minnesota, or Atlanta in the playoffs. If Dallas stays healthy, and the defense gels quickly (this is a real question), we have a shot this year.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimz31 said:
I was thinking about their situation earlier today....this is probably the first time where I am actually backing the Eagles organization.

TO is clearly a baby and needs to be stood up to. The Eagles are clearly doing that.

TO is pushing his teammates away from him like it is them who aren't giving him a new contract.

I think that Reid has had more than enough of him and would like to trade him. No way would I ever want him here. If he were to come here, I would hope that he went across the middle and got messed up....not necessarily injured for life as I don't wish that on anybody, but I think that you know what I mean.

Who do they have at WR? Even if TO were to play....which he still may....who is the other WR, now?

I don't think that we will get swept by them and will now be surprised if they do beat us....that's right.....I'm predicting that we will beat them twice this season.

Philly is under turmoil and I can just hear the announcers now....talking about how this situation will make them stronger....I won't drink that kool-aid.

The way Philly has played us the last several years, I would be shocked if we swept them this year. That is a very bold prediction. I hope you're correct - I expect otherwise though.

We'll see.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:

The Eagles got to the NFC championship game 3 times with garbage at WR. Why are they done now? Distractions in August are different than distractions during the season. The Eagles did draft a receiver with potential in Reggie Brown this year. Bottom line? Who knows how the Owens thing will shake out. I know for sure I'm tired of hearing his name. But that is a talented team with or without Owens. I think we closed the talent gap this offseason but is all that talent ready for prime time? We'll see. I'm an optimist but predicting a sweep is a reach IMO, not that it can't happen.

Smashmouth24

Reaction score
I would think if the Eagles managed to win 12-13 games they would have solved their 'turmoil', no? I don't think they'd win the NFL either but I could say that about anyone and be right.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Philadelphia and national reporters suggest that Terrell Owens has played his last snap as an Eagle.
The Eagles say they expect T.O. back next Wednesday, but they will probably examine their options this week. The Inquirer's Phil Sheridan and NFL Network's Adam Shefter think he won't play a snap for the Eagles this year. The chance of an in-season holdout, while unlikely, knocks Owens out of our top five receivers for now. Aug. 11 - 10:03 am et
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

I really hope the fecals stick to their guns and let this whiny azz cancer sit the whole year. Just when you think it can't get any better :trophy:

Tobal

Reaction score
I can't beleive both parties don't realize how stupid this is for both of them.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Just finished listening to Ron Jaworski on the Colin Cowherd show on ESPN Radio. Jaws says this all came about because T.O. had a incident with offensive coordinator Childress. T.O. apparantly told his coach not to speak to him unless T.O. addressed him first. That is what caused Andy Reid to approach T.O. to straighten things out.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Tobal said:
I can't beleive both parties don't realize how stupid this is for both of them.

I can't believe you view both parties as being stupid.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I heard that whole Childress thing from Sal Palantonio. Funny stuff for us, not for them! Either way you slice it, the Eagles are not as good a team without him. The offense isn't nearly as dynamic. TO makes QBs look good. He added as much to Philly last year as Michael Irvin did for the boys and we all know what happened to our offense when Irvin went down.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
I can't believe you view both parties as being stupid.

Agreed. The only stupid thing the Eagles did was last year...signing the guy in the first place.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Just finished listening to Ron Jaworski on the Colin Cowherd show on ESPN Radio. Jaws says this all came about because T.O. had a incident with offensive coordinator Childress. T.O. apparantly told his coach not to speak to him unless T.O. addressed him first. That is what caused Andy Reid to approach T.O. to straighten things out.

This guy indeed is a jerk acting like a kid or even worse your offensive coordinator can speak to u any time u got paid to do this...unless if there is another side of the story..or this guy should check himself to a mental rehab

Chuck 54

Reaction score
First, let me say I hate everything T.O. stands for, the worst of the modern day athlete.

However, there's no way Philly will throw away an entire season over his silly antics. So he didn't talk to anyone...how much is that really hurting the team. Anyone remember Duane Thomas??? Philly and T.O. both agree that he has an injured groin and that it needs treatment and a bit of rest.

I think they were correct is sending him home...he's not practicing full speed yet, and his sullen attitude with management and teammates is just a training camp distraction. Big Deal.

Is there anyone here who doesn't believe that when healthy TO will be on the field for the regular season games, giving his all and helping the Eagles win? When the games start and he is producing, and we all know he will produce, no one is going to give a crap about holdouts and attitudes in training camp...this crap has been going on forever in the NFL.

Unless the Eagles can acquire an established WR before the season begins, there's no way in hell they are going to say goodbye to TO just because he won't play nice with his coach and teammates...it won't happen.

Now, the EAgles don't need TO to win our division. They have made the playoffs 5 years in a row. McNabb has been selected to the Pro Bowl 5 years in a row. They've played in the NFC championship game 3 or 4 years in a row. They aren't going to miss the playoffs by not using TO; however, they're tired of making the playoffs, tired of losing in the championship game, and now have had a taste of being runnerup in the SB.

TO was brought to Philly for only 1 reason, to win a Super Bowl.

I have no doubt that come September, TO will begin the season with a monster game, catching passes from McNabb, and he will continue to be the one player in the NFL it's possible to hate more than Randy Moss.

The Dallas Cowboys have to worry about the Dallas Cowboys, and when we finally catch and surpass the Eagles, or at least win a game from them, we're going to have to beat them at their best, with TO.

If he was at home holding out, we'd all be thinking that he'll show up and be in uniform by the first game....he's not even holding out, just being an ***. Reid sent him home for a week to save face and establish who's still in charge, but if you really think TO has played his last game for the EAGLES, I think you're in for a huge disappointment.

Reaction score
Nah, Filthy is a MUCH better team with TO...

Glad they are playing hard ball though...Mucho better for us... :cool:

And your right Tobal, both are stupid to let it get to this...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
First, let me say I hate everything T.O. stands for, the worst of the modern day athlete.

However, there's no way Philly will throw away an entire season over his silly antics. So he didn't talk to anyone...how much is that really hurting the team. Anyone remember Duane Thomas??? Philly and T.O. both agree that he has an injured groin and that it needs treatment and a bit of rest.

I think they were correct is sending him home...he's not practicing full speed yet, and his sullen attitude with management and teammates is just a training camp distraction. Big Deal.

Is there anyone here who doesn't believe that when healthy TO will be on the field for the regular season games, giving his all and helping the Eagles win? When the games start and he is producing, and we all know he will produce, no one is going to give a crap about holdouts and attitudes in training camp...this crap has been going on forever in the NFL.

Unless the Eagles can acquire an established WR before the season begins, there's no way in hell they are going to say goodbye to TO just because he won't play nice with his coach and teammates...it won't happen.

Now, the EAgles don't need TO to win our division. They have made the playoffs 5 years in a row. McNabb has been selected to the Pro Bowl 5 years in a row. They've played in the NFC championship game 3 or 4 years in a row. They aren't going to miss the playoffs by not using TO; however, they're tired of making the playoffs, tired of losing in the championship game, and now have had a taste of being runnerup in the SB.

TO was brought to Philly for only 1 reason, to win a Super Bowl.

I have no doubt that come September, TO will begin the season with a monster game, catching passes from McNabb, and he will continue to be the one player in the NFL it's possible to hate more than Randy Moss.

The Dallas Cowboys have to worry about the Dallas Cowboys, and when we finally catch and surpass the Eagles, or at least win a game from them, we're going to have to beat them at their best, with TO.

If he was at home holding out, we'd all be thinking that he'll show up and be in uniform by the first game....he's not even holding out, just being an ***. Reid sent him home for a week to save face and establish who's still in charge, but if you really think TO has played his last game for the EAGLES, I think you're in for a huge disappointment.

I would agree that chances are TO will be there when the season starts and Philly is not going to trade him. However if by some chance TO were to sit out yes Philly is in big trouble look at the WR on the roster, Pinkston is hurt and no one else has any experiance to speak of.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since the other thread was getting too long and we now are getting some other threads out there....I opened a new thread.

Let's try to keep these TO threads confined to a few main threads instead of having a bunch of them on the main forum.

Thanks.

gbrittain

Reaction score
I think it could go either way and no matter which way it goes it would not surprise me.