***Ultimate TO thread part II***

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Nah, Filthy is a MUCH better team with TO...

Glad they are playing hard ball though...Mucho better for us... :cool:

And your right Tobal, both are stupid to let it get to this...

Not sure I agree with your last comment, if in fact the reports are true about TO's behavior towards a Coach... it's about time someone put one of these whiny spoiled primadonnas in their place.

1fisher

Reaction score
Badattitude said:
T.O is arguably the best player in the league - his SuperBowl performance was legendary

key word is arguably...... it can be argued til the cows come home......

Best WR, yes......best player, hardly........what's the criteria?

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
I was thinking about their situation earlier today....this is probably the first time where I am actually backing the Eagles organization.

TO is clearly a baby and needs to be stood up to. The Eagles are clearly doing that.

TO is pushing his teammates away from him like it is them who aren't giving him a new contract.

I think that Reid has had more than enough of him and would like to trade him. No way would I ever want him here. If he were to come here, I would hope that he went across the middle and got messed up....not necessarily injured for life as I don't wish that on anybody, but I think that you know what I mean.

I have a feeling that the Eagles are done....D O N E.

And it's not just because of TO although that is a big reason....

Who do they have at WR? Even if TO were to play....which he still may....who is the other WR, now?

I don't think that we will get swept by them and will now be surprised if they do beat us....that's right.....I'm predicting that we will beat them twice this season.

Philly is under turmoil and I can just hear the announcers now....talking about how this situation will make them stronger....I won't drink that kool-aid.

Hey Jim, I heard some guys on ESPN yesterday talking about Parcells being the type of guy that has the clout and ego to handle a guy like TO .... I don't want that douchebag on my team either though ...

They went on to mention the Commanders as a team that may be a possible option (as well as the Cowboys) ... but also went on to say they have nothing to really offer for Mr. Douchebag ...

And join the club, I've already predicted that we sweep the Eagles ... this incident just makes my prediction that much sweeter.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
noshame said:
One thing is for sure. This is not the young, united, pickle juice drinking team we once faced. In fact, I think the shoe just switched to the other foot. Except, we don't need no stinking pickle juice:)

I agree no shame ... they're not looking very good at all at the skill positions. No question this team is not as good as they were last year.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles | Workout Was Part of Owens' Rehab
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:38:24 -0700

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid said that the Wednesday, Aug. 10, workout of WR Terrell Owens (groin) was part of his rehab process. "He's hurt," said Reid. "He worked out to test out his groin. He can't go full speed. He can't do that yet." Reid added that the trainers were happy with the workout. "He's coming along," Reid said. "He had some swelling in there. We have to get that out of there and right now he doesn't have the ability to run route after route after route."

Eagles | Team Not Distracted by Owens' Situation
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:38:07 -0700

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid said that the team is working hard in training camp and are not allowing the one-week suspension of WR Terrell Owens to be a distraction. "They don't allow distractions to bother them," Reid said Thursday, Aug. 11. "You saw today's practice. It wasn't lacking any intensity. These guys are out here cranking and that's what they are focusing on. They're not focusing on any distractions. They're focusing on football and that's very important."

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Badattitude said:
T.O is arguably the best player in the league - his SuperBowl performance was legendary

I would argue that he is nowhere near being the best player in the league or even in the top-50. Top-10 best WRs? Yeah, but not the best player, not even close to it.

Lemme splain you...

Football is a TEAM sport (the ultimate TEAM sport IMO), not like Baseball or even Basketball where an individual player can have a huge impact on the outcome. Football requires that each player is part of that team and does his part, whether he has the ball or not.

Owens has made it abundantly clear that he could care less about his teammates and that their only function in his life is to get him the ball. The game itself is only there to pay him vast amounts of money and be a vehicle for him to bring attention to himself.

You see this type of behavior more from WRs, CBs, and RBs than from other positions because they are more likely to make big plays with the ball and can in fact get away with being individuals more than the guys in the trenches. Being away from the line of scrimage also isolates them for the camera so they get their faces shown on SportsCenter more easily.

You rarely see this type of attitude from QBs, even though they are the most important player on the field, because they HAVE to have a TEAM attitude in order to do their job effectively.

Owens is all about himself and that is NOT the type of player Parcells wants and not the type of player that helps teams win championships. Owens will NEVER win a SB, neither will Randy Moss, because they have never really understood the game of football and are instead playing a very different game of self-aggrandizement, self-focus, and in essense doing whatever it takes to get attention and make more money regardless of who they harm.

Screw T.O. and every player like him.

blindzebra

Reaction score
TO is not better than Harrison, Moss, or Holt...at 31 he is fast approaching being on par with Walker, Horn, C. Johnson, A. Johnson and a bunch of young guys in Detroit and AZ.

As for his loss killing Philly, I think his presence and all the distraction would hurt them much worse.

This team has enough talent and pride to pull together.

They'll be more dangerous without him with everyone saying they will be toast because he's gone.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WR corp took kind of another hit today.
-----

Eagles | Brown Injures Groin
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:37:35 -0700

Philadelphia Eagles rookie WR Reggie Brown (groin) suffered a slight groin strain Thursday, Aug. 11, according to head coach Andy Reid.

Hoov

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
WR corp took kind of another hit today.
-----

Eagles | Brown Injures Groin
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:37:35 -0700

Philadelphia Eagles rookie WR Reggie Brown (groin) suffered a slight groin strain Thursday, Aug. 11, according to head coach Andy Reid.

Eagles wr position is getting about as bad as our problem with cb position last year.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I don't even think that TO is the most important piece of the Eagles puzzle....Brian Westbrook is IMO.

Isn't he holding out as well?

blindzebra

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
I don't even think that TO is the most important piece of the Eagles puzzle....Brian Westbrook is IMO.

Isn't he holding out as well?

No, he's in camp since early this week.