***Ultimate Vanderjagt Thread***

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
BIGDen said:
I knew we'd regret not signing Vinatieri, but not like this! I mean c'mon! All of a sudden Vanderjerk is no better than what we had last year?! We lost 2 games last year because of missed shots like the 2 tonight. What a joke. I'm disgusted...

We've yet to lose a game because of Vandy's kicks. Step away from the ledge

Hiero

Reaction score
BIGDen said:
I knew we'd regret not signing Vinatieri, but not like this! I mean c'mon! All of a sudden Vanderjerk is no better than what we had last year?! We lost 2 games last year because of missed shots like the 2 tonight. What a joke. I'm disgusted...
we can't sign everyone. it's not as if free agents must sign with us before any other team. vinateiri made his own choice. hopefully vanderjagt can improve accuracy when his hammy feels better.

Wood

Reaction score
the guy Dallas missed on was Brown from Seattle. Seattle was locking in a bidding war for Hutchinson and Dallas wiffed and settled for Vandy.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Hopefully I've earned a reputation here of not being knee-jerk, or reactionary on this site, so hopefully I'll get a bit of leeway on this... but something really stinks with Vanderjagt in this pre-season.

First, he looks shaky all through the early preseason. Then, much to Parcells surprise, Vandy pulls himself right before the Saints kickoff. Parcells insisted after that game that he hadn't been injured but just pulled himself.

Finally, he only kicks in the final game when he absolutely HAS to.

Now for my conspiracy theory:

Vandy KNOWS he doesn't have it anymore. This whole pre-season has been a big stalling tactic for him to hide this fact so he can assure himself of being on the opening day roster so this year's contract is guaranteed.

Any takers?

Hiero

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Hopefully I've earned a reputation here of not being knee-jerk, or reactionary on this site, so hopefully I'll get a bit of leeway on this... but something really stinks with Vanderjagt in this pre-season.

First, he looks shaky all through the early preseason. Then, much to Parcells surprise, Vandy pulls himself right before the Saints kickoff. Parcells insisted after that game that he hadn't been injured but just pulled himself.

Finally, he only kicks in the final game when he absolutely HAS to.

Now for my conspiracy theory:

Vandy KNOWS he doesn't have it anymore. This whole pre-season has been a big stalling tactic for him to hide this fact so he can assure himself of being on the opening day roster so this year's contract is guaranteed.

Any takers?
maybe hes hurt? why does everything have to be some kind of hidden conspiracy.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Hiero said:
maybe hes hurt? why does everything have to be some kind of hidden conspiracy.
I don't know. Just a funny feeling I've had for about two weeks now.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy said:
Our curse started when we ditched Steve Hoffman
A point I have brought up before and usually got slammed for. It does seem like that is when our kicking issues surfaced.

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
I've always had this wierd suspicion of Vandy that hes purposely trying to take the Cowboys down. Like he hates them and playing for them is his opportunity.

It's one of those things I know is stupid and ridiculous but can't seem to shake.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
He might not have his confidence back. I feel he just needs to make a regular season kick and he will be ok. But, at this rate it may be week 6 before he makes one.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
Danny White said:
I don't know. Just a funny feeling I've had for about two weeks now.

YES ive thought about that too he is trying to just get one more paycheck.

i wouldn't put it past him this guy is a jerk. also kickers have been shown to fade fast i remember when martin gramatica was mr automatica but then he slumped hard and got himself cut.

it just that when any other player is having a hard time they can adapt and do diffrent things better but when a kicker is struggling they simply fail and that causes them to be pushed out

in vandy's case i hope this is just injury stuff cuz we need a kicker badly!

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Can't buy that, we have given him 5 million dollars already, we haven't kicked enough FGs (for him to miss) to actually be cut.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
This explaines what he was doing on the grassy knoll the other day. Ha! And I thought he was just checking out downtown. :eek:

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Only the Cowboys could take the most accurate FG kicker in history and instantly turn him into a choke artist.

I'm convinced there's a kicking curse over Texas Stadium... and I think Steve Hoffman is the one who hexxed it

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Only the Cowboys could take the most accurate FG kicker in history and instantly turn him into a choke artist.

I'm convinced there's a kicking curse over Texas Stadium... and I think Steve Hoffman is the one who hexxed it

seems we made a FG last in 2004 or sumthing..:mad: ..seriously...:rolleyes: