***Ultimate Vanderjagt Thread***

Route 66

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
:bow: Post of the day
Already beat minutes ago...

Rowdy

Larry Allen is currently enroute to Irving to take care of Vanderjagt...

Parche

Reaction score
Well, cant blame L.A. For that...

I cant believe he missed both kicks tonight... I guess Madden is right, there arent easy kicks, there are only shorts and long ones...

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Vandergajt is hurt, I cannot argue about his credentials. However, your basis of argument has no merit. Vandergajt was unable to make those kicks because he was physically unable to do so. He might not be ready for the season opener. Dallas needs to put him on the PUP and let Suisham handle the kicking duties. Six Weeks from now then they can make a decision on him. If he still can't kick a chip shot in six weeks, then he is most likely done.

What do you mean he was physically unable to make them?? He got the kicks in the air right? He missed the two combined probably by 5 feet AT THE MOST... He had the distance. He also made 65 of 71 on sunday. Spags said he was making them confortably from 45 in warmups. He can do it physically. It's all mental for him.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Rack said:
Actually HE DID call Parcells before he signed his contract in Indy.

Not that I doubt you but you have a link I never seen that anywhere.

Death Star

Reaction score
Now I'll agree that Vandy had a truly crappy performance, but one thing I kept noticing tonight is that whenever he kicked, his kicking motion looked jacked up. Like he wouldn't fully extend his leg on the kick.

I think one of 2 things is going on. Either he is still injured and kicked anyway but with limited motion, or he is fine but is adjusting the motion to try and prevent reaggrevating it. Either way, it didn't look right, and I think it was a contributing factor.

Ultimately, this is preseason, so I really don't care how he kicked until he starts missing in regular season. From what I've seen so far from Suisham, I just don't trust the kid to put it through the uprights in regular season. Every field goal I see him make just barely eeks in, regardless of distance. I think he's got a big leg and a little luck, and I don't see it holding out, especially given his current lack of experience.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Rowdy said:
http://img179.*************/img179/8062/viewphotoaspbo7.jpg

And while we're at it, might as well send Billy Cundiff here...

Texas_Stadium.jpg

Smith22

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Sunday he made 65 out of 71 kicks. 92%

And before that day, all that was reported was he couldn't make a kick and hadn't kicked off much. Ignore it if you wish. He kicked off to the 12 yardline tonight and missed 2 chip shot FG's with BP breathing down his neck. No pressure my arse.

neosapien23

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
for like the 7,000th time this offseason Vanderjagt is not eligible for the PUP. Nobody on our team is eligible for the pup

Calm down. It was just a suggestion. And for the 7,000th time could you please explain why he isn't avialable for the PUP. I honeslty thought that was an option. If he is unable to kick well because of a groin injury, shouldn't he be able to put on the list? Why is this not an option?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Not that I doubt you but you have a link I never seen that anywhere.

Go ahead and do a search. I'm not about to do it. I have to go to work anyway.

It was reported at the time he signed, surprised you don't remember it.

I could be thinking of McGinest though. But I'm pretty sure they both called Parcells before signing their contracts.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Rack said:
Actually HE DID call Parcells before he signed his contract in Indy.

It's useless to argue with them. Some folks have to defend "scratch your head decisions" until their dying breath, before admitting they're wrong. Let's see, position that cost us 3 games last year? Kicker. Most clutch kicker in FG history? Available? History with Bill? Yes. Cap room? Yes. No brainer.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Calm down. It was just a suggestion. And for the 7,000th time could you please explain why he isn't avialable for the PUP. I honeslty thought that was an option. If he is unable to kick well because of a groin injury, shouldn't he be able to put on the list? Why is this not an option?

No offense to you, just seen this said thousands of times.

The PUP list is for players who were not able to pass a camp opening physical. once the player practiced 1 time they were no longer eligible for the PUP

Once on the pup they could be removed (Like Flo was) or placed on inactive PUP in which they have to remain until week 6 at the ealiest

but to answer the question since he practiced he is not eligible

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
And before that day, all that was reported was he couldn't make a kick and hadn't kicked off much. Ignore it if you wish. He kicked off to the 12 yardline tonight and missed 2 chip shot FG's with BP breathing down his neck. No pressure my arse.
THIS GAME DIDN'T MATTER!!! Where's the pressure?? He knows BP's not gonna cut him. Unlike most of the lemmings running around here. Tomorrow morning we're in first place... 0-0. Save your melodramatic head explosions for when it means something.

neosapien23

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
What do you mean he was physically unable to make them?? He got the kicks in the air right? He missed the two combined probably by 5 feet AT THE MOST... He had the distance. He also made 65 of 71 on sunday. Spags said he was making them confortably from 45 in warmups. He can do it physically. It's all mental for him.

Spagnola said it best when he stated that Vandergajt was trying to compensate for his groin by pushing his kick. He wasn't able to follow through like he should.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Rack said:
Go ahead and do a search. I'm not about to do it. I have to go to work anyway.

It was reported at the time he signed, surprised you don't remember it.

I could be thinking of McGinest though. But I'm pretty sure they both called Parcells before signing their contracts.

Now McGinnest I know did call before signing the contract.

Are you sure you arent remembering the story where Vin called and asked parcells what to do and Parcells told him to stay in New England?

Smith22

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
THIS GAME DIDN'T MATTER!!! Where's the pressure?? He knows BP's not gonna cut him. Unlike most of the lemmings running around here. Tomorrow morning we're in first place... 0-0. Save your melodramatic head explosions for when it means something.

I said it myself earlier we aren't cutting him. I'm just not like you and burying my head in the sand and pretending none of it is happening. That's the difference. I'm done.:bang2: