Unacceptable practice habits and mentality, issues of concern says Dak and Jourdan Lewis

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Sounds like BS.

A way to throw something out there to show “leadership” and say “this is the reason we’re not playing optimally” and have something to fix.

Pure pretentious presentation.

There’s no way no player doesn’t know by now whether they’re practicing up to par or not, or the like.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Maybe this game of football has passed me by. I had always believed the coach was responsible for practice and getting the team ready to play. At least it was that way when Jimmy and Parcells were coaching.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Maybe this game of football has passed me by. I had always believed the coach was responsible for practice and getting the team ready to play. At least it was that way when Jimmy and Parcells were coaching.
And to add to that, it starts at the top. No question about that.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Sounds like BS.

A way to throw something out there to show “leadership” and say “this is the reason we’re not playing optimally” and have something to fix.

Pure pretentious presentation.

There’s no way no player doesn’t know by now whether they’re practicing up to par or not, or the like.
Even high school players know when they are dogging it. There's no excuse for this at the college level let alone the NFL level. Void of leadership from the GM, HC, and team captains.

Chasing6

Reaction score

So in a week we're going to fix this? When we're winning we can do all of this stuff, but soon as we're losing, we shouldn't be doing this? Cut it off period!!!! You play how you practice

Well it seems like most of our fans think football is an individual sport, so it makes sense to just have individual drills and less team work at practice.

Last edited:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Dak is a leader, not the coach who is paid to run a professional and organized practice. The coach and his his staff are supposed to fix those sloppy habits in training camp and make adjustments during the season, not the players.
My point was that if the players were so inspired and motivated by Dak to be their best as we're routinely told, there would be no sloppy habits for the coaches to fix.

He doesn't inspire confidence or excellence in anyone, inside or outside of the locker room.

He's part of the pervasive "get your bag and then coast" culture in the locker room.

Chasing6

Reaction score
My point was that if the players were so inspired and motivated by Dak to be their best as we're routinely told, there would be no sloppy habits for the coaches to fix.

He doesn't inspire confidence or excellence in anyone, inside or outside of the locker room.

He's part of the pervasive "get your bag and then coast" culture in the locker room.
Are you sure? Maybe we would be 0-6.

cowboyed

Reaction score

So in a week we're going to fix this? When we're winning we can do all of this stuff, but soon as we're losing, we shouldn't be doing this? Cut it off period!!!! You play how you practice

So have the coaches just been accepting it and playing pocket billiards?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
If this is what you believe then the game definitely has passed you by. If a player makes over 10x what the coach is making the player is in control of the situation. The coach is just a facilitator he is not in charge of anything.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bill Belichick needed ASAP
Yep. Bill Belichick makes sense in a perfect world. Unfortunately, this franchise lives within an alternate reality called Jerry World.

At best, Belichick would establish a quick fix that would stabilize play calling and enhance defensive effort and execution. Temporarily. Then his leadership style would be slowly eroded by Jerry Jones.

The same problems would re-appear. It is only a question of when.