Unconfirmed: I blame the Cowboys

kskboys

Reaction score
Did you ever hear any of this out of Zeke's mouth? I know you are better than what you are posting.
Yeah, prolly so. I admit that I'm fully sick of this entire deal.

However, didn't Zeke's camp claim he wanted to be the highest paid RB in football? IMO, I really believe Zeke is getting bad advice and needs a new agent.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
not really...zeke isnt going to make any money if he doesnt play and the cowboys have other guys, albeit not as good, that they can put in....so looks to me like zeke is the one suffering the most here.

And the Cowboys could and should look into acquiring other backs for a committee.

superonyx

Reaction score
I'll tell you what it means. It means the Cowboys want to win a super bowl, and paying max contracts keeps you from doing that.
I agree with you.
But living in the philly market I can remember all the years the Eagles won the Salary Cap Superbowl but watched other teams win the real game.

Our problem is we have way too many guys who are stars yet our coaches have been so bad we have nothing to show for it.

Our dysfunctional organizational structure would take the dream team and need a few lucky bounces to squeeze into the playoffs.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
not really...zeke isnt going to make any money if he doesnt play and the cowboys have other guys, albeit not as good, that they can put in....so looks to me like zeke is the one suffering the most here.

Let me see... Zeke is in Cabo exercising and having fun. Jerry is spending money left and right. Fans are clamoring trying to keep the sky from falling. No, Zeke is ok.

cern

Reaction score
I do remember reading an article to the affect zeke stated months ago he would not play without a new deal. that's why his holdout didn't surprise me one bit. can't remember other than it was on the internet. so it must have been true.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's not forget that the Cowboys don't want to jump on the Zeke train if he keeps acting like he could care less about whether he can refrain from getting suspended. Time to draw the line in the sand. I like Zeke's play - it's our engine. I don't like his playing around and neither should the FO. Hard to negotiate with immaturity.

cern

Reaction score
when it was reported about a month ago zeke would not report to camp, many said rumors, fake news, etc. even his head coach said he fully expected him to be there. but in fact, he did not show up. so were those first reports lies? fake news? rumors? or was it the ones shouting lies, fake news and rumors who were guilty of being wrong. slippery slopes. sinless casting first stones. pots vs kettles.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Not correct.

Renegotiate, yes, holdout no. That's why there are fines!

If contract language allowed holdouts there would be no fines.
Fines are what it costs to holdout or it wouldn't be in the contract. A rich person once told me laws that are punishable by fines are there to discourage the poor but seen as a users fee by the rich.