Unconfirmed: I blame the Cowboys

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think talks heat up after Saturday. We may see movement on all 3 contracts. Zeke, Amari, Dak that is.
Then again, this is total BS speculation on my part.
:laugh:

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak is also in his final year, along with Collins, Brown, and Jones is in his 5th year.

I guess they should of held out too.

He can holdout, but he can also get fined.

He still could of come to camp, and asked for a new deal.

I don't blame either side.

He wants to get paid, and the Cowboys want to get the "best" deal, or whatever that means.
I'll tell you what it means. It means the Cowboys want to win a super bowl, and paying max contracts keeps you from doing that.

superonyx

Reaction score
What's weird is they call it football but I don't see any nets. And they carry the ball, which should be a hand ball penalty.
Amazon is your friend. Read up.

51wwcF8SBVL.jpg

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Then let's use that other "loophole" and fine the guy $40 grand for every day he's withheld services.

This is the problem, too many of you "fans" think you are a part of the business resolution team. There is no let's, we, us, etc. It is the Cowboys and Zeke.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
It’s the CBA. Blame that. Both sides have a legitimate point. Zeke is underpaid and his value is at its highest now, not in two years. Dallas is right because the contract Zeke signed is based on what was bargained by the union. Unfortunately for Zeke, the union has to look out for the greater good of all the players, not just running backs who have a shorter shelf life that were drafted in the first round.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how can you blame the cowboys for refusing to give a contract extension 2 years early to a guy that gets in trouble constantly? I don't blame them in the least....and i could care less what zeke says...

Well, that is what we call an impasse.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was reported that Zeke stated in January, that he would not play without a new contract. Why didn't management get in front of this nonsense at that time? This has nothing to do with Dak, Cooper, or any other player. The lines of communication should have been opened at that time.
Do we know that as fact?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember something back in January or February about Zeke may be seeking a new deal. But at that time they had so much other stuff going on, and with DLaw hitting FA and the franchise tag and stuff. Coaching changes, over FA stuff, preparing for the draft. This was on the teams back burner, and rightfully so.

Then nothing more was said about it, until a few weeks before TC we heard the rumors.
I am not faulting the team for this leading up to TC. I am faulting Zeke and his agent for not being more cooperative with getting back with a counter proposal. Or so has been reported. As we really do not know how many proposals have went back and forth.

It is just still wait and see. And 17,000 threads a day about it. :laugh:.
But since no one seems to be posting any real football news, then it is all we have to discuss. :laugh:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
how do you know they didn't? tings always move slow and perhaps, they had the offer and didn't like it and nobody would budge. there is still a team to run, draft to do, OTAs, etc. the show doesn't stop all for Zeke.

Come on, if there were any communications at the outset, the Jones family would have been in the media.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I remember something back in January or February about Zeke may be seeking a new deal. But at that time they had so much other stuff going on, and with DLaw hitting FA and the franchise tag and stuff. Coaching changes, over FA stuff, preparing for the draft. This was on the teams back burner, and rightfully so.

Then nothing more was said about it, until a few weeks before TC we heard the rumors.
I am not faulting the team for this leading up to TC. I am faulting Zeke and his agent for not being more cooperative with getting back with a counter proposal. Or so has been reported. As we really do not know how many proposals have went back and forth.

It is just still wait and see. And 17,000 threads a day about it. :laugh:.
But since no one seems to be posting any real football news, then it is all we have to discuss. :laugh:

Way to back management, with all of their stuff, lol.

Jipper

Reaction score
Well, that is what we call an impasse.

not really...zeke isnt going to make any money if he doesnt play and the cowboys have other guys, albeit not as good, that they can put in....so looks to me like zeke is the one suffering the most here.