Underrated Movies You Recommend

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yes! This movie hit me outta left field...Short and Groden had good chemistry. That little terror

When it came out, I went & sat in the front row. I was about 24. The theater was barely filled. I was high (weed) and laughed so loud, more than anyone there. My happiest day in a theater prob ever. Still watch the movie and still laugh non stop.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Inside Moves - one of my favorite people movies ever made.

1941 - Spielberg's comedy got hammered by the critics and I loved it.

SOB - Blake Edward's biting comedy about Hollywood and funny as hell.

Split Second - Rutger Hauer sci-fi creature feature.

Cast a Deadly Spell - Fred Ward as a PI in the world of magic.

Touchback - great football fantasy movie.

5th Quarter - faith based football movie based on a true story.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The Whoopee Boys

220px-TheWhoopeeBoys.jpg

SlammedZero

Reaction score
  • War of the Worlds (2005) - While I would consider it more of an action film, it does contain some elements that would be considered frightening, especially to children so it might fall into the horror category as well. A combination of Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg with great special effects and suspense.

And coincidentally it's a virus that kills the aliens. ;)

Edit: Well I guess to be fair it’s not made entirely clear whether it was bacteria, viruses or a mixture of microbial lifeforms, but I always assumed it was some kind of virus.

I remember going into Walk Hard thinking it was going to be so stupid and ended up absolutely loving that movie!

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And coincidentally it's a virus that kills the aliens. ;)

Edit: Well I guess to be fair it’s not made entirely clear whether it was bacteria, viruses or a mixture of microbial lifeforms, but I always assumed it was some kind of virus.
In the original, it was common germs that killed them all, IIRC.

I remember going into Walk Hard thinking it was going to be so stupid and ended up absolutely loving that movie!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Anyway, to add to the thread, anybody ever seen the movie Momento? It's an excellent under-the-radar type movie. It was written and directed by Christopher Nolan (I love about anything that guy makes)

The plot via Wikipedia: Guy Pearce stars as a man who, as a result of an injury, has anterograde amnesia (the inability to form new memories) and has short-term memory loss approximately every fifteen minutes. He is searching for the people who attacked him and killed his wife, using an intricate system of Polaroid photographs and tattoos to track information he cannot remember.

Memento_poster.jpg

cowboyec

Reaction score
☆GI Blues...1960...fun Elvis movie with a excellent soundtrack.
☆Roustabout...1964...gets lost in the shadow of Viva Las Vegas...excellent cast...well written...one of his better films from this period.
☆Tickle Me...1965...fun movie...doesnt take itself too seriously...Elvis' dry humor and comedic timing is spot on...only film that features songs recorded and already released previously....which is why they are so good.
his non soundtrack material was much better.
☆Live A Little,Love A Little...1968...good movie...fun story....not alot of singing....and Elvis started growing out his sideburns again...ultra cool look....pre-vegas '69.