Underrated Movies You Recommend

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That scene with the monkey's in the jungle is hilarious. "No monkey! No monkey!" And does anybody like playing a bad guy better than Walken?
I was just thinking about that scene. We had to pause the DVD until we all stopped laughing...and Walken? What can you say about Walken? He's one of those guys who, in person, I'd never know if he was joking.

cowboyec

Reaction score
years ago...hallmark and tnt did an adaption of the Dickens classic...a christmas carol.
patrick stewart in the role of scrooge.
5 ☆☆☆☆☆ from me.
the dialog is almost word for word from the book and doesn't noticibly stray from the classic.
stewart does a really good job as scrooge.
i still treasure the black and white adaptions with reginald owen(1937) and alastir sim(1951)...but this tnt/hallmark version was a home-run for me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
years ago...hallmark and tnt did an adaption of the Dickens classic...a christmas carol.
patrick stewart in the role of scrooge.
5 ☆☆☆☆☆ from me.
the dialog is almost word for word from the book and doesn't noticibly stray from the classic.
stewart does a really good job as scrooge.
i still treasure the black and white adaptions with reginald owen(1937) and alastir sim(1951)...but this tnt/hallmark version was a home-run for me.
Stewart made a great Scrooge.

cowboyec

Reaction score
a christmas carol (1984)...made for tv...filmed entirely on location in a medieval town of shrewsbury of shropshire for cbs.
the legendary actor george c scott played the iconic scrooge.
i hadn't seen this adaption in awhile and forgot just how good it was.
it stays true to dickens' classic.
the acting thru out is excellent.
of course...as you would expect...the brilliant george c scott carries the day.
it is worth your time just for his performance as scrooge.
over the years i've settled on alastir sim as THE scrooge of many scrooges.
but having given this adaption from 1984 some much neglected attention...i'll be damned if the title may have been with mr.scott this whole time.
5 ☆☆☆☆☆ from me.
for scott's performance...all the ☆ in the universe.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:hammer:I had real high hopes for the movie and it let me down but I still enjoyed it. Good ending too.

[EDIT]

Two of my off-topic notables.

Emily Browning has an odd taste in roles but I like how she plays them. For anyone interested, Browning plays an unfaithful wife who suffers a very karmic death but returns as a reincarnated super strong corpse in American Gods on Starz. Good stuff.

Carla Gugino has played a bunch of roles through the years. Question. Is there anyone like me who finds her very attractive but not exactly sure why? For example, I seriously thought about mentioning her in @timb2 Hottest Actress thread but stopped and wondered why I should.

/mini cold shower rant
I think she's very attractive, but in a friend's mom kind of way.