(yes with Sinbad and Burt Reynolds) I couldn't think of a more natural pair lol
Corny but good family movie

Cabin in the Woods

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is a few with Viggo in them

Eastern Promises...really like this movie although it is one I normally would find kind of boring.
Green Book

And although probably not really an underrated movie but Hidalgo. I think I catch myself watching it everytime I see it on some channel.

Viggo really does a great job and has been in so many movies. Early on you did not know him but when you go back and watch some movies and see a young viggo in a bunch of stuff...

Witness
Young guns II
Carlitos way
The Prophecy
Hidalgo is excellent and he actually did rescue wild ponies when he became aware of their situation. He also acquired the star of that film.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since the season is upon us, this little gem is one of my all time favorites and it should have had more exposure, "Inside Moves". While it did help the career of David Morse, it should have done the same for John Savage. It is my go to when I am feeling a little broken.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Texas State of Mind-Comedy/Drama, not the greatest movie of all time but kind of fun, I swear I know someone like every character in that movie.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I could have sworn I posted Running Scared in this topic somewhere. Can't find it.

It has Paul Walker and is half-cheese/half-great movie. There's a specific scene that will make you feel like justice exists in the world. Highly recommended.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not sure if I’ve mentioned it already but I just watched the Rundown with the Rock again. A fun and underrated action flick.
Fantastically hilarious movie. I brought that to family Thanksgiving soon after it came out, and none of us had seen it yet. The whole family was laughing our butts off.

Creeper

Reaction score
Given our current life situation, I thought it might be a good time to discuss some films with one another that might give us something to check out. Maybe we can give each other some ideas for what to watch/rent/stream?

What are some films that you've seen that you feel deserve more attention than they get?

I'll start by giving the film's name and year of release and what I would consider it's genre:

• War of the Worlds (2005) - While I would consider it more of an action film, it does contain some elements that would be considered frightening, especially to children so it might fall into the horror category as well. A combination of Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg with great special effects and suspense.
  • Megamind (2010) - An underrated computer animated movie, geared towards kids but one adults can enjoy as well. Voices include Will Farrell, Tina Fey, and Brad Pitt.
  • Edge of Tomorrow (Live Die Repeat, 2014) - A sci-fi action film with Tom Cruise (go figure, he's in two of my three initial listings?). A very interesting premise with an outside-the-box presentation, I found it a fresh idea in an era of repetitive stories.
  • Passengers (2016) - Sci-fi film starring Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt about a futuristic transport ship en route to a new home planet. Visually stunning with some morality added in. Underrated in my book.
That's a start and I'll add plenty more if anyone takes interest in this thread.

I liked Edge of Tomorrow and Passengers. I'll add another Tom Cruise movie I liked, "Oblivion".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fantastically hilarious movie. I brought that to family Thanksgiving soon after it came out, and none of us had seen it yet. The whole family was laughing our butts off.
That scene with the monkey's in the jungle is hilarious. "No monkey! No monkey!" And does anybody like playing a bad guy better than Walken?