Underrated Movies You Recommend

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a great pick for an underrated movie. I thought it was hilarious.

It's a movie that didn't appeal to most of the demographic out there at the time.

It wasn't a "teenage-movie" like those that came out in the late 80's. It was aimed at a slightly older audience. But not too much older. I don't think it would have appealed to the 35+ crowd.

I was in my late 20's when I watched it the first time and simply howled through the whole thing. I thought it was great! Yeah, it was over-the-top, but in a lot of ways very much like what high school was like at that time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's a movie that didn't appeal to most of the demographic out there at the time.

It wasn't a "teenage-movie" like those that came out in the late 80's. It was aimed at a slightly older audience. But not too much older. I don't think it would have appealed to the 35+ crowd.

I was in my late 20's when I watched it the first time and simply howled through the whole thing. I thought it was great! Yeah, it was over-the-top, but in a lot of ways very much like what high school was like at that time.
Just Googled it, and yes, I have seen it. The big kid was perfect for the role.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Just Googled it, and yes, I have seen it. The big kid was perfect for the role.
He really was perfect for that role. I wonder if kids still schedule fights like they did back then. I had a few of those but I remember one guy in high school telling me to meet him at a specific time. I punched him in the face immediately and asked if he wanted any more after school. Turned out he didn't.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He really was perfect for that role. I wonder if kids still schedule fights like they did back then. I had a few of those but I remember one guy in high school telling me to meet him at a specific time. I punched him in the face immediately and asked if he wanted any more after school. Turned out he didn't.
I think most schools have a zero tolerance policy, so if they're scheduling fights, they're doing it after school and far from school property.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I think most schools have a zero tolerance policy, so if they're scheduling fights, they're doing it after school and far from school property.
I hope they've cracked down on it because some of those fights were brutal - especially with the planning that got factored in. I'm pretty sure I saved a friend's life in middle school. He had a scheduled fight I knew he couldn't win. After getting his *** kicked, the other guy grabbed his head to start slamming it into the ground. That's when I dove in to stop it. It was always a slippery slope on when to intervene but this one was obvious.

Apologies to everyone because I keep going off-topic. I'm quite sure my middle school stories are not that interesting.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Time split creating an alternate timeline that had to be fixed. It fixed itself at the end :)

It fixed itself, or did Donnie fix it with the help of The Philosophy of Time Travel?

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is a few with Viggo in them

Eastern Promises...really like this movie although it is one I normally would find kind of boring.
Green Book

And although probably not really an underrated movie but Hidalgo. I think I catch myself watching it everytime I see it on some channel.

Viggo really does a great job and has been in so many movies. Early on you did not know him but when you go back and watch some movies and see a young viggo in a bunch of stuff...

Witness
Young guns II
Carlitos way
The Prophecy

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Timerider the adventure of lyle swann
Never a box office smash and many probably never heard of it.
But still an enjoyable movie.

Guy is baja style motorcycle racer who accidentally gets in an area off grid that was doing a scientific exp and of course gets transferred back in time to the old west days.

Younger guys might not like this. Guys who lived through 80 90s movies...probably will like it.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Eastern Promises...really like this movie although it is one I normally would find kind of boring.
Green Book

And although probably not really an underrated movie but Hidalgo. I think I catch myself watching it everytime I see it on some channel.

Viggo really does a great job and has been in so many movies. Early on you did not know him but when you go back and watch some movies and see a young viggo in a bunch of stuff...

Witness
Young guns II
Carlitos way
The Prophecy

Love Viggo.....
Green Book is an excellent movie that i have watched several times over and loved it every time.
Also Captain Fantastic which came out around 4 years ago is very good.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Timerider the adventure of lyle swann
Never a box office smash and many probably never heard of it.
But still an enjoyable movie.

Guy is baja style motorcycle racer who accidentally gets in an area off grid that was doing a scientific exp and of course gets transferred back in time to the old west days.

Younger guys might not like this. Guys who lived through 80 90s movies...probably will like it.
I vaguely remember the movie. Wasn't bad.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score

Green Book

Witness
Young guns II
Carlitos way
The Prophecy

Add A History of Violence, The Road and A Perfect Murder to the list.

Fun fact: A History of Violence was the last movie released on VHS.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"White Buffalo".

Currently rated 6.2 on IMDB.

Not Charles Bronson's best film, but love the story. It's on the edge of being a western-themed horror pic.

Yeah, it's over-the-top, but between the cast:

Charles Bronson
Jack Warden
Will Sampson
Kim Novak
Clint Walker
Stuart Whitman
Slim Pickens
and John Carradine.

the cinematography and the story itself it's a very enjoyable flick.

Not your typical western and that sets it apart.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"White Buffalo".

Not Charles Bronson's best film, but love the story. It's on the edge of being a western-themed horror pic.

Charles Bronson
Jack Warden
Will Sampson
Kim Novak
Clint Walker
Stuart Whitman
Slim Pickens
and John Carradine.

And "Great White Buffalo" is a great Ted Nugent song! ...Yeah, I'm drinking, so what?
:laugh:

Last edited:

kmp77

Reaction score
It fixed itself, or did Donnie fix it with the help of The Philosophy of Time Travel?

I would say both. I think time was trying to fix itself...self repair. I don't think Donnie would just allow himself to die without being heavily influenced. But it's been a while since i've seen it.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
"White Buffalo".

Charles Bronson
Jack Warden
Will Sampson
Kim Novak
Clint Walker
Stuart Whitman
Slim Pickens
and John Carradine.

Loved that movie when I was a kid.