Underrated Movies You Recommend

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This is one of my all-time favorite comedies. Since we are listing Brewster's Millions, we should include Richard Prior's Moving while we are at it! (especially since you could get a DVD packaged with both movies!

Where he moves to Boise, Idaho. :D

This is a movie I haven't thought about in a LONG time. Great movie though. Would love to see it show up on Netflix sometime. Would be great to revisit. One of those classic 80s type movies.

Last edited:

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Another underrated movie suggestion would be Moon with Sam Rockwell. It didn't generate a lot of waves through Hollywood (that I know of) but was really a great movie. I'd suggest a watch.

v1.bTsxMTE3MzM2OTtqOzE4NDQ0OzEyMDA7ODAwOzEyMDA

bodi

Reaction score
Raising Arizona

Bridesmaids

Identity Thief

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My favorite genre is horror/thriller so I'll tap those under-rated films first...

b/w flicks:

"The Werewolf of London"
"It-The Terror From Outer Space"
"Island of Lost Souls"
"Fiend Without a Face"

older color flicks:

"Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things"
"Killdozer"
"Snowbeast"
"Humongous"

more recent flicks:

"Inn-Keepers"
"Abominable"

Want a comedy?

A little known flick for most of the country was shot near Dallas... "Texas Drive-in". Love that flick. Watch it once a year.
Have you seen "Grabbers" or "Big *** Spider"?

I would have loved to have been at the bar with them when they came up with the plot for "Grabbers".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about "Cowboys vs Aliens"? Talk about a joyride of a horror/sci fi movie. I wonder how many times the actors said to each other "can you believe you're in a movie called Cowboys vs Aliens"? Hell of a cast for such a film with that name. And they were all great.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How about "Cowboys vs Aliens"? Talk about a joyride of a horror/sci fi movie. I wonder how many times the actors said to each other "can you believe you're in a movie called Cowboys vs Aliens"? Hell of a cast for such a film with that name. And they were all great.
Good choice. When the title came out, anyone within 3 feet of me could hear my eyes roll, but it really wasn't a bad movie. They could have shown more of Olivia Wilde... literally.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked it and own it but I would have preferred for Spielberg to stick to the era Wells wrote it for because not having the modern weapons of the day would have made it better for me.

I love the tripods that they created for the film, and the corresponding sound effects for them. Cranking that up through the surround system is always good for a chill.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, I remember when I first read that title, I wouldn't believe it actually ever got made in the first place, but it turned out to be a good movie.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good choice. When the title came out, anyone within 3 feet of me could hear my eyes roll, but it really wasn't a bad movie. They could have shown more of Olivia Wilde... literally.
Yep, she's fine. And any movie with Clancy Brown is an improved movie. He's one of my favorite character actors.