Underrated Movies You Recommend

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems like it would be a chick flick, which may be why most people I know have never heard of it, but there's a movie called The Sweetest Thing with Cameron Diaz, Christina Applegate, and Selma Blair that's laugh out loud funny and raunchy at times. I highly recommend it, if you've never seen it.
Cameron Diaz was great in Bad Teacher.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Two of the funniest movies I've seen in a while are "Sisters" with Amy Poehler and Tina Fey and "Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates" with Adam Devine and Zac Efron.
I brought one of my nice's to see Sisters in the theater. I thought it would be better, but it wasn't bad. I admit, I'll never understand why people think drawing penises is funny.

bodi

Reaction score
It seems like it would be a chick flick, which may be why most people I know have never heard of it, but there's a movie called The Sweetest Thing with Cameron Diaz, Christina Applegate, and Selma Blair that's laugh out loud funny and raunchy at times. I highly recommend it, if you've never seen it.
i have seen that

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Given our current life situation, I thought it might be a good time to discuss some films with one another that might give us something to check out. Maybe we can give each other some ideas for what to watch/rent/stream?

What are some films that you've seen that you feel deserve more attention than they get?

I'll start by giving the film's name and year of release and what I would consider it's genre:

• War of the Worlds (2005) - While I would consider it more of an action film, it does contain some elements that would be considered frightening, especially to children so it might fall into the horror category as well. A combination of Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg with great special effects and suspense.
  • Megamind (2010) - An underrated computer animated movie, geared towards kids but one adults can enjoy as well. Voices include Will Farrell, Tina Fey, and Brad Pitt.
  • Edge of Tomorrow (Live Die Repeat, 2014) - A sci-fi action film with Tom Cruise (go figure, he's in two of my three initial listings?). A very interesting premise with an outside-the-box presentation, I found it a fresh idea in an era of repetitive stories.
  • Passengers (2016) - Sci-fi film starring Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt about a futuristic transport ship en route to a new home planet. Visually stunning with some morality added in. Underrated in my book.
That's a start and I'll add plenty more if anyone takes interest in this thread.
Anyone who thinks War of the Worlds is a good movie,,,,,well I just stopped reading. That movie sucked big time. World War Z fits your criteria much better.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My favorite genre is horror/thriller so I'll tap those under-rated films first...

b/w flicks:

"The Werewolf of London"
"It-The Terror From Outer Space"
"Island of Lost Souls"
"Fiend Without a Face"

older color flicks:

"Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things"
"Killdozer"
"Snowbeast"
"Humongous"

more recent flicks:

"Inn-Keepers"
"Abominable"

Want a comedy?

A little known flick for most of the country was shot near Dallas... "Texas Drive-in". Love that flick. Watch it once a year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
pEcjFuw.jpg

Kung <see pic above> Hustle

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2hkleKb.jpg

Starman

Personal disclaimer: Critics generally praised the movie but audiences did not show up at the box office to see it in great numbers. I still deem it an underrated film.