Video: Undisputed: Dez Bryant pushes Cowboys to acquire Raiders WR Davante Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
There would be absolutely no excuses left for Dak if he had Adams and CeeDee.

Bro, we can find excuses. Don't ever doubt that. KM isn't an excuse anymore, but MM sure is. Lol. Hey I wish this game was more simple and I could sum it all up to one player. It's not and blame is often shared by many.

At the end of the day though, excuses don't matter. We either make a run or the season is a failure.

Personally I think Henry would have a greater impact, if we could run block.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Although we all know its not happening. Having, maybe the best if not top 5 wr who also happens to know the coaches offense wouldn't suck.

starfan1

Reaction score
He's not bad, but he's not the mauler that Frederick was.

I still don't understand how Connor Williams could look so bad at LG in Dallas but then become a solid C in MIami. That's 100% on Dallas coaching
Ya that’s true not sure why we didn’t pull that trigger and try him there but I guess they wanted to see what Tyler was.

Plus Conner wanted to cash out

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if we get him, I wonder if we could trade him in a year or two for a 5th when he can't work with our guy.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
In some ways, this is a dis on Gallup and Cooks. But also, McCarthy. Since he can't figure out how to use Gallup and Brandin Cooks.
It's not like these two just forgot how to play because they're with the Cowboys. They simply didn't scheme them properly, so they weren't competitive.

RS12

Reaction score

Dallas Cowboys

I don’t know who has been running their mouth inside the organization, but there’s definitely a belief in some other front offices that Dallas is going to be making calls on a defensive addition. It could be a linebacker or cornerback depth piece. I’ve seen the speculation about loving Broncos cornerback Pat Surtain II as a player, but that feels like the Cowboys also loving Justin Jefferson: It’s meaningless and makes little sense from the standpoint of the compensation (which would have to be massive) and then the forthcoming contract extension (which will make Surtain the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL). Does that combination make any sense for Dallas? No. Does it draw eyeballs and media buzz? Sure.

If anything, I think what Dallas is going to be looking for is an equitable mid-level deal that could either help with depth at linebacker or in the secondary. I do not see it being a blowout pursuit.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-trade-...e-a-wr--just-not-davante-adams-181424492.html

RS12

Reaction score
To be clear Adams is one of the best in the business and I think to ever play. That said with this offense and QB, it would be like putting $2000 dollar rims on a $500 car.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I love Davante Adams but the salary we would have to take on is about 12M this year, 25M next year. If it's just for this year, it's a no brainer and if we can re-work 2024, if he wants to play.

He's 31 years old.
His base salary this season is only $6 million and $16 million next season which is pretty reasonable. The Raiders would have to eat the prorated portion of his signing bonus.

Lamb, Adams and Cooks would be a hell of a group of WRs but I doubt they do anything significant before the trade deadline.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
His base salary this season is only $6 million and $16 million next season which is pretty reasonable. The Raiders would have to eat the prorated portion of his signing bonus.

Lamb, Adams and Cooks would be a hell of a group of WRs but I doubt they do anything significant before the trade deadline.
Be honest. Do you believe Jerry Jones would pursue acquiring Adams?

Status
Not open for further replies.