Video: Undisputed Discusses PFF Ranking Dak As The No. 3 MVP in the League in 2020

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Noone is saying that the Chiefs don't have a chance. Mahomes has proven time and time again that he is worth that amount of money.

You are the only one making up that point about Mahomes.

And yes.......Mahomes is so incredibly good that we would have had a better chance of winning a superbowl.....even with Garrett at the helm.

Mahomes is a phenom. Dak shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as him. They are no where comparable in talent or in their ability to carry a team to greatness. That's why Dak's asking amount is beyond outrageous, and we should consider moving on if the demands do not come down to earth for someone of his caliber.
would have had a better chance....or would have done it!?

and I don't deny Mahomes is elite....but could he have overcome Garrett, Linehan offense? how much more could he have done with the 15 yard curl?....would he have succeeded in the circus like atmosphere of Dallas?

and the problem is, Bridgewater made 27M. Rivers got about that much. neither of whom anyone would consider to be elite.....that's the going rate these days.

and thus, I find it problematic that people would be ok with a 35M contract, but not with 40M..... as if his skills will diminish with another 5M....if you don't think he is the right QB to lead the team, then why even sign him. your stance should be, I just want to not sign him and move on. instead of being ok, with 30 or 35M contract, but not 40......its about having the right guy that can lead the team, not the right price!!!!, 5, even 10M ain't getting this defense over the hump, which is the excuse everyone keeps bringing up.

and I can't tell you how many times I have read, that if a QB is more than 13% of the cap, that team isn't winning superbowl.....thus, I guess KC ain't winning superbowls for a while.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Doesn’t interest me. :) Once they quit playing, I lose interest. To each their own.

I see you only care about the 17th zillion Prescott threads and seeing the same comments written over and over and over and over and over.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if Dak did THIS for Jerry, I wonder if that would earn Jerrys respect?lol..I mean heck, this is a circus here in Dallas. If he swallows 200 eggs whole, he gets the 4 year deal..what do you all think?
giphy.gif

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I see you only care about the 17th zillion Prescott threads and seeing the same comments written over and over and over and over and over.

Well, compared to your boring alternative, yeah. It is entertaining reading some of the Dak hype and ridiculous trade proposals also.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I agree Dak was playing at an MVP level and was doing it with a garbage o-line and zero defensive support. And the 2-3 record with Dak was misleading.

1. Week one, Dak delivered a clutch pass to Gallup that would have at least led to overtime, but the officials called offensive PI when Jalen Ramsey cried after he was beaten like a drum.
2. Week two, the crazy onside kick helped, but Dak still helped to erase a 20-0 1st quarter deficit; or it wouldn't have come down to that anyway.
3. Week 3, he basically brought Dallas back from a 30-15 hole at Seattle with no running game (Zeke had 34 yards) to take a 31-30 lead late before the defense blew it again.
4. Week 4, it was an awful day against the Browns, but the Cowboys still scored 24 points in an eight minute span in the 4th to make it a game.
5. Week 5. Dallas was in control when Dak got hurt. Zeke finsihed the drive he left in with a TD to give Dallas a 31-23 lead. The Cowboys got the ball back, and it was a fumble by Andy Dalton that led to the Giants' go-ahead score. Then Dalton rallied late.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Are you really trying to discredit Mahomes ability? Because I think that's an instant loss of credibility.
Are you really trying to discredit Prescott's ability? Because I think that's an instant loss of.....

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Yep. Sign me up.

Biggest concern is how he comes back from the injury, but I'd ink the deal.

Same here. Give Dak that deal, push the bulk of the money into future years, and write clauses into the deal that can convert his base salary into signing bonuses for cap relief. Prescott can sign a $400 million deal; but in reality he could "only" count $20-25 million annually against the cap if it's done properly.

Teams have figured out how to manipulate the salary cap a long time ago. I have to agree with Stephen Jones' comment last year that "cap space is always fluid".

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The idea of letting Dak walk disgusts me.

Only 20% of QBs picked in the top 10 pan out... We got a star at the position, why in heck would we let him walk?
I hear you, brother. Talent-wise, it would be crazy to let Dak walk since he keeps getting better and better...

...but the greedy idiot keeps demanding way too much money to the point where the team honestly can not afford to keep a competitive team in tact if it caves in to Dak's outrageous demands.

At this point, ...... screw Dak! I'm sticking with the team over 1 player, even if it's Dak.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I hear you, brother. Talent-wise, it would be crazy to let Dak walk since he keeps getting better and better...

...but the greedy idiot keeps demanding way too much money to the point where the team honestly can not afford to keep a competitive team in tact if it caves in to Dak's outrageous demands.

At this point, ...... screw Dak! I'm sticking with the team over 1 player, even if it's Dak.
I'm not sure how crazy his demands are tbh... I mean this all started over a ridiculous 4 year / 5 year argument.

If we signed him for 4 years, we'd have 3 years to go.

Plus... Dak didn't want to take on a 5 year deal because he bet that the QB market would go up insanely, and that'd he'd perform to the level needed to get paid.... Dak bet on himself (and the QB market), and he was right... I respect it.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
He didn't finish that 5th game. Pretty sure nobody is giving an MVP award to a guy leading a team with a losing record. Dak put up most his numbers against bad defenses.......PFF isn't factoring that into their grades.

This is the simplistic view of fans today. You ignore so much of what he did right to focus on the other team gang raping the Dallas defense. Worst defense EVER for the Cowboys.

But somehow Dak was at fault for those losses.

Proof

Reaction score
Where did he rank over 10+ games in 2020? Exactly, how anyone can jazz up such a small sample size is hilarious/embarrassing. Jeepers
It’s really not especially small. It’s over a quarter of the season. And on the heels of his best season as a pro.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is the simplistic view of fans today. You ignore so much of what he did right to focus on the other team gang raping the Dallas defense. Worst defense EVER for the Cowboys.

But somehow Dak was at fault for those losses.
wins and losses my friend....wins are team effort. losses are Dak's fault....being within 3 points with 3 minutes to go is garbage time. points in the 4th quarter don't matter or don't count as much. don't you get it?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not sure how crazy his demands are tbh... I mean this all started over a ridiculous 4 year / 5 year argument.

If we signed him for 4 years, we'd have 3 years to go.

Plus... Dak didn't want to take on a 5 year deal because he bet that the QB market would go up insanely, and that'd he'd perform to the level needed to get paid.... Dak bet on himself (and the QB market), and he was right... I respect it.
Of course, but now he's being plain stupid and greedy. He needs to cut the BS and be more reasonable. If not, he can go elsewhere where he will quickly find out how much he actually had it made in Dallas. Anything above $35 mil / year is way too much...in my opinion.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Of course, but now he's being plain stupid and greedy. He needs to cut the BS and be more reasonable. If not, he can go elsewhere where he will quickly find out how much he actually had it made in Dallas. Anything above $35 mil / year is way too much...in my opinion.
The market for QBs is going wild.

The cap will explode in 2-3 years.

We are basically 7.5% away on annual salary. We should be able to figure it out.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The point I was trying to highlight is how absurd the notion is of moving to Darnold, or any other QB really. Someone proposed trading 2 firsts, a third, and CeeDee Lamb for Sam Darnold. Why in the heck would we do that?
Dak is the guy

I agree, "why in the heck would we do that?"
BUT, "Dak is the guy?"
For the kind of money that Dak reportedly is demanding, Dak is not the guy. Hey I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've always liked Dak but if they pay him the exorbitant salary he's demanding, we are dead in the water. We're already overpaying Zeke, Dlaw, and Jaylon and all 3 are underperforming for what they were paid, and now we have people who want to add Dak to the
overpaid / underperforming list? I think that would be a big mistake. Dak's a good QB, but he's not a 40+ mil QB. No way.

Last edited:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Per PFF (via Undisputed) this morning, they mentioned that Dak was rated as the #3 MVP in the league in 2020 during the 5 games he played.

But, we should trade for Sam Darnold? Lol.....

#JustSignDak

Video source -

Cowboy Brian top ten Dak Crush candidate here in the CZ!
Dak is GOD.....you happy now Brian?