Video: Undisputed: Shannon Sharpe warns Cowboys not to use franchise tag on Prescott

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I know, I mean the Niners defense is very good ... oh.

I mean that Chiefs defense is clearly where they have put their priority and why they just won a SB title??????

Shannon is damn smart, and he is normally spot on. I hate when he plays the character( which is every time he talks about the Cowboys.) He knows his stuff but is just too damn annoying. He is NOT like this if he is on a different show being interviewed.

Coaching, Cheap QB, Defense.. You have to have 2 of the 3. That is the consistent formula I see winning Superbowls in the Salary Cap era. Do we even have 1?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Coaching, Cheap QB, Defense.. You have to have 2 of the 3. That is the consistent formula I see winning Superbowls in the Salary Cap era. Do we even have 1?
so the niners have the coaching? Thats what I hear, right? But yet he is getting blasted for being a part of the Falcons collapse in a super bowl and the Niners collapse. So do they have 2 of the three?

I mean, we have a great coach now, right? (SMH) and of course Dak can lead us to a title.....

Chill35

Reaction score
At this point, I hope they tag him and some stupid team comes along and signs him so Dallas gets two 1st round picks from them. He was a 4th round pick and they got more than their money's worth out of that pick. Getting some high picks in return would be a very nice overall scenario and give them the ammunition to maneuver around in the next few drafts to get a young QB and have him under a rookie deal for 4-5 years. I'm ready to head down this path instead of overpaying a slightly better than average QB like he was a top 5 super bowl caliber QB. I'm so ready to turn the page on a player who is obviously thinking more about himself that the team. I don't have any issue with players seeking all of what they are worth but I have a big issue with players demanding the same money as other players who are obviously much better and have the accomplishments to prove it.

Hate to say this since I have always supported Dak. But you are right man. Some of our losses weren't his fault though. Bad scheming and playcalling and bad defense contributed to alot of it. However his poor accuracy contributed to missed scoring opportunities.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It would be great if we could trade him in the next few years for a first rounder and go get a cheap RB and start allocating sources to Defense like a championship team would do.

I'm all for keeping Zeke but i'm shopping him every offseason because RB's do not get better as they age.

His value will decline significantly each year. I doubt they could ever trade him but I would bet he fetched no more than a 5 if they traded him in 2 years.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
so the niners have the coaching? Thats what I hear, right? But yet he is getting blasted for being a part of the Falcons collapse in a super bowl and the Niners collapse. So do they have 2 of the three?

I mean, we have a great coach now, right? (SMH) and of course Dak can lead us to a title.....

1st off.. San Fran didn’t win a Super Bowl.. The Super Bowl formula I provided is for Super Bowl winners.. Not the 31 other teams.

Even so.. Shanahan is a 40 year old coach and has shown more in his little time coaching then some do in their entire career.

He’s a really good coach and I don’t think a couple of Super Bowl moments mean he sucks.

Andy Reid was always a really good coach too but people wanted to ignore that too with all these what about isms.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Honestly, Sharp doesn't care. He stirs the pot as much as anybody, where the Cowboys are concerned. He's ragged on Dak every game except over this contract. When it comes to this contract, he wants Dak to get paid as much as he possibly can because he wants the Cowboys to be in cap strap.

Seriously, Sharp is not a friend to the Cowboys IMO

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Yup and then we can hope jerry doesnt draft Paxton lynch to replace him lol
Right because for some reason people think we can get rid of Dak and get our guy. Wonder how long they been boys fans because Romo fell in our lap and so did Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
At this point, I hope they tag him and some stupid team comes along and signs him so Dallas gets two 1st round picks from them. He was a 4th round pick and they got more than their money's worth out of that pick. Getting some high picks in return would be a very nice overall scenario and give them the ammunition to maneuver around in the next few drafts to get a young QB and have him under a rookie deal for 4-5 years. I'm ready to head down this path instead of overpaying a slightly better than average QB like he was a top 5 super bowl caliber QB. I'm so ready to turn the page on a player who is obviously thinking more about himself that the team. I don't have any issue with players seeking all of what they are worth but I have a big issue with players demanding the same money as other players who are obviously much better and have the accomplishments to prove it.
Did you complain about Zeke getting top RB overall pay? Did you complain about D-Law getting top 4-3 DE overall pay? Did you complain about Zack Martin, Tyron Smith, Fredbeard and Collins getting top Oline pay? ...... even though they all underachieved in 2019 after getting paid top overall pay???

I bet my house you didn't!

Yet, here you are complaining about Dak demanding top pay even though statistically he put up top career and among the very best QB statistics in 2019?

PFFT....

aria

Reaction score
It would be great if we could trade him in the next few years for a first rounder and go get a cheap RB and start allocating sources to Defense like a championship team would do.

I'm all for keeping Zeke but i'm shopping him every offseason because RB's do not get better as they age.
I agree but I would bet my house that no team is going to give up a first for him, especially with the dumb contract Jerry gave him. I would honestly be somewhat surprised if we could even get a 2nd for him at this point (again due to contract).

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
"When they put that money down, they say, 'I believe in you.' They don't believe in Dak, Skip, they don't."

I've been saying this all along. Thank you, Shannon. :clap:

I posted it yesterday too. In front of the media they are "he's a priority" and behind closed doors with a stiff drink and their shoes up on the table they wonder out loud to each other.."is he worth it?"

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hate to say this since I have always supported Dak. But you are right man. Some of our losses weren't his fault though. Bad scheming and playcalling and bad defense contributed to alot of it. However his poor accuracy contributed to missed scoring opportunities.

This is what's funny to me. What we saw from Garoppolo yesterday is pretty much what we see from Dak a Bgreatly and might have been the overall reason for the loss. Basically, different factors all contributed. I wonder how most of our fans look at that game and then if they come to the same conclusion where our own teams performance applies? It would be interesting to see how that played out......

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Employees are worth whatever an employer is willing to pay. Get what you can, when you can. It may not last long.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Or he's trying to stir the pot.

I don't think so. Skip has acted like Shannon is getting the info straight from the source for awhile.

I could be wrong but it sounds legit to me and by all means Dak hasn't signed so he couldn't be too far off. If Dak was willing to sign a team friendly deal i'm sure it would've been done.

Dak even said on the Dan Patrick show he bet on himself this year and "now here we are".

lol like going 8-8 and not performing in big games was validation for him betting on himself.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think so. Skip has acted like Shannon is getting the info straight from the source for awhile.

I could be wrong but it sounds legit to me and by all means Dak hasn't signed so he couldn't be too far off. If Dak was willing to sign a team friendly deal i'm sure it would've been done.
Sorry, I should have written "and" he's stirring the pot. If he knows the agent, it's possible the agent is feeding him this to get it out publicly and try to make the Joneses sweat it out.