Video: Undisputed: Shannon Sharpe warns Cowboys not to use franchise tag on Prescott

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's a shame that we made the coaching change a year too late.

Don't get me wrong, it had to be done and about 4-5 years too late, but even still I wish we could know for sure if it was Dak as a player or poor coaching and scheme.

I'm prone to thinking it was far more of the last part of that wish than the first part.

Our coaching and scheme would have likely cursed any otherwise winning team.

There's also the dreadfully limited management by the Cowboys' FO that hurt us.

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
zeke will do better playing under mac. dak could do better, but he might have thoughts of derailing the new coach by not signing and missing out on ota's, etc. if we have to tag him, so be it. but no way dak will hold out of training camp.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shannon Sharpe is one of the most annoying people to listen to. He must love hearing himself talk. However, I do agree that if the Cowboys franchise Dak they’re not sold on him.
I agree, I think they've been selling a little too much actually thinking all the praise will get a better deal. That sure has worked well with all the other players.

To even approach a hometown deal during negotiations PUBLICLY will piss off any player. It is not the player's responsibility to balance their checkbook.

I believe what really happened inside that brain of Booger is he can't see him paying top dollar for a center ring act that isn't. He sees Mahomes, Murray, Mayfield, Jackson and Watson and sees the young guns and Prescott is not that. Say what you will about Romo but he was a prime center ring attraction because he performed like Favre and seldom failed to entertain. He's not Rodgers or Wilson that can bring viewers just because they're playing so why would he pay them the same as they get?

I do agree the market sets the price for a QB1 but I do not believe that the Joneses think he's ever going to be that center ring act. I think they want to keep dating Prescott but not really get married, especially without a prenup if this goes south.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It could but not necessarily
There could be other factors like actually taking a hard look at the cap and what they can and can't do. What good will it do to pay a QB 32-34M a year and not be able to build the other side?

Surely I cannot be the only one that keeps asking with 5 O players already paid in the top 6 at their position, how many more can they afford and if they sign Prescott and Cooper, this D is going to suffer or be too dependent on 1st contract players and mid level FA's on the D side?

starfan1

Reaction score
There could be other factors like actually taking a hard look at the cap and what they can and can't do. What good will it do to pay a QB 32-34M a year and not be able to build the other side?

Surely I cannot be the only one that keeps asking with 5 O players already paid in the top 6 at their position, how many more can they afford and if they sign Prescott and Cooper, this D is going to suffer or be too dependent on 1st contract players and mid level FA's on the D side?
your not wrong. I dont believe they will move on from Prescott but maybe we lose Jones. Well see how it pans out the cap numbers say they can afford all 3 of them but they would have to hit on virtually all picks in the draft and hope that Mike Nolan can make chicken salad out of chicken **** in that 2nd round pick from last year.

I see a possibility of Gregory returning, McGovern well see what happens

InTheZone

Reaction score
At this point, I hope they tag him and some stupid team comes along and signs him so Dallas gets two 1st round picks from them. He was a 4th round pick and they got more than their money's worth out of that pick. Getting some high picks in return would be a very nice overall scenario and give them the ammunition to maneuver around in the next few drafts to get a young QB and have him under a rookie deal for 4-5 years. I'm ready to head down this path instead of overpaying a slightly better than average QB like he was a top 5 super bowl caliber QB. I'm so ready to turn the page on a player who is obviously thinking more about himself that the team. I don't have any issue with players seeking all of what they are worth but I have a big issue with players demanding the same money as other players who are obviously much better and have the accomplishments to prove it.
I'll have this