Video: Undisputed - "There's no way Dak Prescott is a Top 10 QB!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
6mmti1.jpg

GINeric

Reaction score
So players and executives from around the league who eat, sleep, breathe, and live professional football says Dak is ranked 10th....

The latest official NFL statisticians rank Dak in the top 10 based on performance and production by adding up the numbers, not by opinion....

But then you have football forum casuals who say Dak isn't, despite the opinions from professionals and the real life production results..... yeah ok.

Shannon Sharpe is a Cowboys hater but he's definitely entitled to his opinion.... but this is the same dude who said LeBron is the G.O.A.T. over MJ and he didn’t put Kobe Bryant or was it KD in the top 10 all time greatest players list??? Yeah ok....

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s easy to argue whether or not Dak is correctly placed at 10 or if he should be at 11,12,13, but no one can argue without sounding stupid that he isn’t in the top half of all QBs. He’s very good, not great, at least not consistently great. The argument that he is elite should be changed to he’s very good and occasionally shows glimpses of greatness that have not been sustained. The argument that he sucks should simply be ignored and laughed at, not argued about; it’s too stupid a stance to waste time arguing.

Unless he can sustain high level play for a full season, he will never lead the Cowboys to a great playoff run unless he gets hot at the perfect time, but looking around the league, we are lucky to have him, and any team in our division, along with all the other teams fielding worse QBs would be paying him what the market demands as well. If we don’t win anything in the next few years, he won’t get another contract from Dallas. But he is a good QB.

GINeric

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak fan, but i expect if Dak is to ever become elite, well this is the year to show it. I'm hoping that whatever improvements Dak has made in fitness will translate into greater overall performance this season.

Well it would be great if we don't make it harder on Dak by leading the league in penalties again. Its kind of hard on Dak and the rest of the offense when we're facing 3rd and 22 every other possession. Its also hard on our offense when the defense has our opponent's offense on a crucial 3rd down, and Brown consistently give up pass interferences EVERY time.

It would also help Dak and the rest of our offense if K. Moore can make adjustments to his play-calling that flows like McVay's or K. Shanahan's offenses do..... you know, creative offense that keeps teams off balance, NOT the same predictable stuff in certain situations.

GINeric

Reaction score
It’s easy to argue whether or not Dak is correctly placed at 10 or if he should be at 11,12,13, but no one can argue without sounding stupid that he isn’t in the top half of all QBs. He’s very good, not great, at least not consistently great. The argument that he is elite should be changed to he’s very good and occasionally shows glimpses of greatness that have not been sustained. The argument that he sucks should simply be ignored and laughed at, not argued about; it’s too stupid a stance to waste time arguing.

Unless he can sustain high level play for a full season, he will never lead the Cowboys to a great playoff run unless he gets hot at the perfect time, but looking around the league, we are lucky to have him, and any team in our division, along with all the other teams fielding worse QBs would be paying him what the market demands as well. If we don’t win anything in the next few years, he won’t get another contract from Dallas. But he is a good QB.

Great post!!! I too believe Dak is a very good quarterback, his production proves it. I would love for him to be elite, but that remains to be seen. He gotta level up this year though.

As for the clowns who say Dak sucks or he's below average, etc, etc.... you ever noticed how they can never explain why a quarterback who sucks or is below average can do what Dak has done??? EVERY time you ask them to back up their statements with facts or numbers, they always run, go missing and ignore the question.

THAT'S why I consider them cowards, because thats what cowards do. They say dumb **** and hide when called out to justify it. Cowards can't do that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak fan, but i expect if Dak is to ever become elite, well this is the year to show it. I'm hoping that whatever improvements Dak has made in fitness will translate into greater overall performance this season.
Dak doesn't have the ability to be elite. He's just not gifted that way. He has never in his life shown that he has the ability to be an elite level QB.

He wasn't highly recruited out of high school. A lot of schools (specifically LSU) wanted him to play TE, but he wanted to be a QB. He was a 3 star recruit. Nothing special.

He was a dual-threat QB in college, 4th round draft pick, nobody thought he would ever be anything, but injuries' to Romo and Moore gave him his chance. Again, it wasn't him impressing that gave him his shot, but rather circumstances.

Now he's in the NFL and still just nothing really special. He had a good rookie season and he's still trying to surpass that, but that's where we are now 6 years later and he seems to have gotten better as a pocket passer, but worse as an overall QB.

I loved 2016 Dak and would take that Dak any day over the one we have right now. I loved the way he played in 2016. There was elite talent all over that offense in 2016 though, so I don't think we can recreate that with this current team.

He can be decent if he has elite players around him though. So, the best we can hope for is the guys around him to step up and become elite.

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score
This. 6 years are a long enough wait for something great from him.

Every great quarterback didn't do great things in their first 5 or 6 years, just ask P. Manning and Brees.

And to be fair, Dak only played 5 complete seasons due to the ankle injury. During those 5 complete seasons, Dak only won one playoff game, and thats not great correct??? Well guess what??? Manning and Brees only won ONE playoff game in their first 5 seasons as well. Stafford didn't win ANY playoff games until much later.

Im not saying Dak is Manning or Brees, but they turned out pretty good after 5 or 6 years of not being "great" starting out..... let's see what Dak can do.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great post!!! I too believe Dak is a very good quarterback, his production proves it. I would love for him to be elite, but that remains to be seen. He gotta level up this year though.

As for the clowns who say Dak sucks or he's below average, etc, etc.... you ever noticed how they can never explain why a quarterback who sucks or is below average can do what Dak has done??? EVERY time you ask them to back up their statements with facts or numbers, they always run, go missing and ignore the question.

THAT'S why I consider them cowards, because thats what cowards do. They say dumb **** and hide when called out to justify it. Cowards can't do that.
tumblr_o8m0i0QUuV1vv1frwo8_r1_250.gifv

:muttley:

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak doesn't have the ability to be elite. He's just not gifted that way. He has never in his life shown that he has the ability to be an elite level QB.

He wasn't highly recruited out of high school. A lot of schools (specifically LSU) wanted him to play TE, but he wanted to be a QB. He was a 3 star recruit. Nothing special.

He was a dual-threat QB in college, 4th round draft pick, nobody thought he would ever be anything, but injuries' to Romo and Moore gave him his change. Again, it wasn't him impressing that gave him his shot, but rather circumstances.

Now he's in the NFL and still just nothing really special. He had a good rookie season and he's still trying to surpass that, but that's where we are now 6 years later and he seems to have gotten better as a pocket passer, but worse as an overall QB.

I loved 2016 Dak and would take that Dak any day over the one we have right now. I loved the way he played in 2016. There was elite talent all over that offense in 2016 though, so I don't think we can recreate that with this current team.

He can be decent if he has elite players around him though. So, the best we can hope for is the guys around him to step up and become elite.

Yes his rookie year was great, but thats not the only good year he's had. Do I need to remind you of the record numbers he's surpassed during the course of his first 4 or 5 seasons??? Things many quarterbacks have never done in their first 4 or 5 seasons???

GINeric

Reaction score

Well.... you've never answered the questions to back up your statements or presented any factual proof or statistics to prove that your intelligence is above running Madden franchise mode, so you run and hide from making sense of your garbage posts....

something that cowards are known to do, so....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Yes his rookie year was great, but thats not the only good year he's had. Do I need to remind you of the record numbers he's surpassed during the course of his first 4 or 5 seasons??? Things many quarterbacks have never done in their first 4 or 5 seasons???
His rookie year is by far his best year.

The passing numbers may not be as good as some of the other years, but the overall play and the efficiency is what sets it apart.

His lack of being able to read a defense would be hurt us less because when he got confused he would just run the ball, he didn't try to do too much, and everything ran so much smoother because of it.

He finished 6th in MVP voting in 2016 and he's never even received a single vote any other year.

Give me 2016 Dak with 2022 Dak's experience and we'd be much better team for it.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
So players and executives from around the league who eat, sleep, breathe, and live professional football says Dak is ranked 10th....

The latest official NFL statisticians rank Dak in the top 10 based on performance and production by adding up the numbers, not by opinion....

But then you have football forum casuals who say Dak isn't, despite the opinions from professionals and the real life production results..... yeah ok.

Shannon Sharpe is a Cowboys hater but he's definitely entitled to his opinion.... but this is the same dude who said LeBron is the G.O.A.T. over MJ and he didn’t put Kobe Bryant or was it KD in the top 10 all time greatest players list??? Yeah ok....
At the halfway point I’m giving this post of the year front runner status.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He was a dual-threat QB in college, 4th round draft pick, nobody thought he would ever be anything, but injuries' to Romo and Moore gave him his chance. Again, it wasn't him impressing that gave him his shot, but rather circumstances.

It was so much elite talent on the offense in 2016 that they won 4 games the year prior and 3 of them was because of Romo.

Dak is a much better qb now than he was in 2016…..he just wasn’t asked to do as much in 2016 but there’s no way you can watch him and say he’s not better.