Video: Undisputed - "There's no way Dak Prescott is a Top 10 QB!

kskboys

Reaction score
Not a Dak believer but to argue that he is not in the top 10 in the league right now is kinda silly. There is not a coherent argument for those guys from 11-32 that they are better than Dak. Now, they could be if you put them in different circumstances but no proof of being better!
Let's see, in no particular order:

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Herbert
Burrow

Stafford
Allen
Wilson

Ryan
Carr

Not really silly, no. And yes, coherent.

Nexx

Reaction score
His rookie year is by far his best year.

The passing numbers may not be as good as some of the other years, but the overall play and the efficiency is what sets it apart.

His lack of being able to read a defense would be hurt us less because when he got confused he would just run the ball, he didn't try to do too much, and everything ran so much smoother because of it.

He finished 6th in MVP voting in 2016 and he's never even received a single vote any other year.

Give me 2016 Dak with 2022 Dak's experience and we'd be much better team for it.

Dak also had the best line in the NFL and the best version of Ezekiel Elliot that year. Just about any competent QB would have looked good for the Cowboys in 2016

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Good luck getting your dreams smashed every season thinking an elite QB is "just around the corner."
A: I'm used to getting my football dreams smashed with the QB we have, so no big deal.
B: Why are you quoting something I neither said nor implied?

All I pointed out was that a #10 ranking out of 32 is smack dab in 'average' territory yet is it held up as endorsement of greatness by many here.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
not a bad point. What’s sad is that the current crop of other qbs is the worst we’ve seen in a long while and the disparity from the top half and the bottom half is a large chasm

Some here do state that he’s elite……I’d say above average and that ain’t bad except when he’s paid elite money that of course effects the salary cap and the support that can be added to the team.
Very few suggest he's elite and I find those folks less annoying than those who are just looking to trash a player. He's played at a high level his entire career when he's healthy. Market value is another subject IMO

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
A: I'm used to getting my football dreams smashed with the QB we have, so no big deal.
B: Why are you quoting something I neither said nor implied?

All I pointed out was that a #10 ranking out of 32 is smack dab in 'average' territory yet is it held up as endorsement of greatness by many here.
Read your "A" and that illustrates what your intentions are. If a top 10 QB is giving you the feels every season to the point you suggest he's the culprit for all of your pain maybe find a happier hobby.
Prescott is in the top 10 and is above average regardless of how you twist things. Example: Your version of the definition of average. Which would be 16th, not in the top 10. Your agenda is clear and set.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Herbert
Burrow

Stafford
Allen
Wilson

Ryan
Carr

Prescott had essentially the same statistics as Herbert. And that's with the 2nd half of the season looking like it did. While I'd love to have Herbert and think his potential is positive, to suggest he's top 5 is a little off in my opinion.
I think some are over ranking Herbert and Burrow based on a tiny sample size and many other things to consider.

GINeric

Reaction score
PManning was great from the start and everyone knew it.

Light came on for Brees in season 5.

With all that said, they both only had ONE playoff win after 5 full seasons just like Dak, and Dak was a 4th round draft pick. So he should atleast get a little more respect from his own fanbase. They were able to turn it around after 5 or 6 seasons, so let Dak have his chance. He's either going get better or not, but the man deserves a chance.

None of you put that "where a quarterback should be" timeline on those other quarterbacks I've mentioned with the same stats, if not lesser than Dak's at this point in their careers, so Dak deserves the same respect.

Hardline

Reaction score
I'm no fa
Moths to a flame.
Not exactly the source I'd put any stock in, especially the ONLY one. He's in the minority. And so are you.
I wish ESPN would stop taking advantage of people.
I'm no fan of Sharp nor do I watch his show outside of what's posted on here. He doesn't hold a minority opinion. He clearly laid out why he thinks Dak isn't a top 10 QB. Attack the message and not the messenger.

GINeric

Reaction score
Lebron is not better than MJ.

Neither Kobe nor KD is top 10 all time. Must be a complete player to be top 10 all time, neither is/was. You're suffering from recency bias.

Recency bias my ***, Im not one of these young dudes who grew up watching basketball games on xbox. Growing up in DC my father used to take us to see the Bullets play in the Capitol Centre in the late 70s on into the 80s. So I've been fortunate enough to have watched many greats first hand.

With that said, Kobe would be great in ANY era of the NBA. If he's not in the top ten of greatest players ever, name YOUR top ten and tell me how many of them would be the greatest in ANY era, decade, etc like Kobe would.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Herbert
Burrow

Stafford
Allen
Wilson

Ryan
Carr

Matt Ryan , that Ryan - you're really not serious are you?

David Carr is debatable at best.

GINeric

Reaction score
Rayne a top 10 elite Qb?…..“Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said...'I'm too drunk to taste this chicken. *

*Ricky Bobby

Nobody said Dak was elite, but he's definitely top ten according to his production and the opinions of NFL execs, players, coaches, and scouts.

You don't have to be elite to be top ten. There are only 5 maybe 6 elite quarterbacks in the NFL total.

shabazz

Reaction score
Nobody said Dak was elite, but he's definitely top ten according to his production and the opinions of NFL execs, players, coaches, and scouts.

You don't have to be elite to be top ten. There are only 5 maybe 6 elite quarterbacks in the NFL total.

I suggest you re-read the threads started the first 7 weeks of last season. There were 4-5 threads every day not only calling him elite, but also suggesting everything from league MVP to HOF candidate.

some of us keep in mind the division we play in and strength of opponent in building stats. The rubber met the road when facing stout defenses and when playing a home game against a wildcard team.

Flamma

Reaction score

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Herbert
Burrow

Stafford
Allen
Wilson

Ryan
Carr

I don't know why people care where Dak ranks. The only thing I'll argue with is if someone puts him in elite status. So what difference does it make?

Typically, teams with elite QBs consistently have good years with maybe the occasional blip. Green Bay, Chiefs, Steelers with Big Ben. Denver and Indy with Manning, Saints with Brees, Patriots and Bucs......

Granted, put these QBs on crap teams they won't do well. But teams with elite QBs don't have to put as much effort around their QB to be contenders. Teams with just good QBs, like us, rarely have that kind of consistent success. So again, what difference does it make where Dak falls? Top 10, Top 8, or top 15, we go into every season with our fingers crossed.