Video: Undisputed - "There's no way Dak Prescott is a Top 10 QB!

aikemirv

Reaction score
Not a Dak believer but to argue that he is not in the top 10 in the league right now is kinda silly. There is not a coherent argument for those guys from 11-32 that they are better than Dak. Now, they could be if you put them in different circumstances but no proof of being better!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It was so much elite talent on the offense in 2016 that they won 4 games the year prior and 3 of them was because of Romo.

Dak is a much better qb now than he was in 2016…..he just wasn’t asked to do as much in 2016 but there’s no way you can watch him and say he’s not better.
Their RB didn't lead the NFL in rushing by over 300 yards in 2015 either because that RB was not on the team yet.

Zeke was the difference from 2015 to 2016. I promise Dak being 16th in TD passes and 19th in passing yards wasn't the difference in the 2015 and 2016 teams.

2016 we went 13-3 and you admittingly are saying that he is a much better QB now, but wasn't asked to do as much in 2016, right?.

So, you're saying that we are clearly a better team the less Dak is asked to do, correct? The record says so, right?

If that's the case then why would anyone claim he's some kind of top QB? If the team does better when he's asked to do less?

erod

Reaction score
So players and executives from around the league who eat, sleep, breathe, and live professional football says Dak is ranked 10th....

The latest official NFL statisticians rank Dak in the top 10 based on performance and production by adding up the numbers, not by opinion....

But then you have football forum casuals who say Dak isn't, despite the opinions from professionals and the real life production results..... yeah ok.

Shannon Sharpe is a Cowboys hater but he's definitely entitled to his opinion.... but this is the same dude who said LeBron is the G.O.A.T. over MJ and he didn’t put Kobe Bryant or was it KD in the top 10 all time greatest players list??? Yeah ok....
What an embarrassing post. Lol

GINeric

Reaction score
Wait... so I've seen another show talking about this top 10 list. I initially thought it was only players and league executives who made this list.

Not only was it players and executives.... it was also, COACHES and SCOUTS from around the league as well.....

So let's get this straight. There are league executives, players, coaches, and scouts from ALL OVER the NFL, not just the city of Dallas or the state of Texas who ALL AGREE according to Dak's production, capabilities, and their expertise in their respective positions in professional sports in which they're paid millions of dollars, on the highest level of professional football on earth.... and again, on top of that, his official numbers added up by paid NFL statisticians who's math BASED ON PRODUCTION, placed Dak in the top 10 out of 32 starting quarterbacks in the NFL.

And then, there are people here, some intelligent and some dumb as a bag of rocks, but NONE of you have ever been an NFL exec, been paid to COACH an NFL player, been paid to SCOUT a college or NFL player, or been paid to actually PLAY NFL football.... sit there and say Dak isn't top 10?????

Thats like a nurse, a med school professor, the board of health administration and a surgeon all telling people the signs of cancer in the news..... but you come on a online medical advice forum and say those are just signs and reactions of an encounter with poison ivy.

Who sounds more credible, paid professionals who eat, sleep, breathe their profession and are HIGHLY compensated..... or some man or woman who have never been paid one dollar by any medical board/hospital.... or in my original case, never made one damn penny from the NFL because of their expertise in this profession????

MAKE WHAT YOU'RE SAYING MAKE SENSE WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO DOWNPLAY WHAT DAK HAS DONE!!!

According to everything Ive previously posted above.... PLEASE make what you're saying make sense!!!!

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak doesn't have the ability to be elite. He's just not gifted that way. He has never in his life shown that he has the ability to be an elite level QB.

He wasn't highly recruited out of high school. A lot of schools (specifically LSU) wanted him to play TE, but he wanted to be a QB. He was a 3 star recruit. Nothing special.

He was a dual-threat QB in college, 4th round draft pick, nobody thought he would ever be anything, but injuries' to Romo and Moore gave him his chance. Again, it wasn't him impressing that gave him his shot, but rather circumstances.

Now he's in the NFL and still just nothing really special. He had a good rookie season and he's still trying to surpass that, but that's where we are now 6 years later and he seems to have gotten better as a pocket passer, but worse as an overall QB.

I loved 2016 Dak and would take that Dak any day over the one we have right now. I loved the way he played in 2016. There was elite talent all over that offense in 2016 though, so I don't think we can recreate that with this current team.

He can be decent if he has elite players around him though. So, the best we can hope for is the guys around him to step up and become elite.

LOL

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he a top 10 QB? I can only guess because the only season that matters right now hasn’t started.

How will Burrow do now that he is on the DCs’ radar? How will Rodgers and Mahomes perform without their #1’s?

One thing I know for sure is that no QB will out work Prescott preparing for this season because he is debated and discussed more than any other 2 QB’s combined.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Shannon Sharp went in great detail why he is not top 10. Its not even debatable.
Moths to a flame.
Not exactly the source I'd put any stock in, especially the ONLY one. He's in the minority. And so are you.
I wish ESPN would stop taking advantage of people.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Im not saying Dak is Manning or Brees, but they turned out pretty good after 5 or 6 years of not being "great" starting out

But everyone could see they had the talent. It was just a matter of getting a solid enough team around them. And in the Colts case, getting past NE in the playoffs.

Dak has shown he's not a special talent nor has he risen to the occassion to carry his team. Hopefully capable of getting a good team there is where his career stands at this point.

kskboys

Reaction score
So players and executives from around the league who eat, sleep, breathe, and live professional football says Dak is ranked 10th....

The latest official NFL statisticians rank Dak in the top 10 based on performance and production by adding up the numbers, not by opinion....

But then you have football forum casuals who say Dak isn't, despite the opinions from professionals and the real life production results..... yeah ok.

Shannon Sharpe is a Cowboys hater but he's definitely entitled to his opinion.... but this is the same dude who said LeBron is the G.O.A.T. over MJ and he didn’t put Kobe Bryant or was it KD in the top 10 all time greatest players list??? Yeah ok....
Lebron is not better than MJ.

Neither Kobe nor KD is top 10 all time. Must be a complete player to be top 10 all time, neither is/was. You're suffering from recency bias.

Big D

Reaction score
ImpeccableFlawedAcornbarnacle-max-1mb.gif

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dak is a much better qb now than he was in 2016…..he just wasn’t asked to do as much in 2016 but there’s no way you can watch him and say he’s not better.

In some ways that is true but in others it isn't. He played loose and calm in 2016. Since mid 2017, he has played tight, overly conservative and quite frankly scared because he got exposed as not being as accurate as he needs to be.

If he could regain that confidence and calmness to go along with what he has learned, then we would be talking about a whole different animal.

kskboys

Reaction score
Every great quarterback didn't do great things in their first 5 or 6 years, just ask P. Manning and Brees.

And to be fair, Dak only played 5 complete seasons due to the ankle injury. During those 5 complete seasons, Dak only won one playoff game, and thats not great correct??? Well guess what??? Manning and Brees only won ONE playoff game in their first 5 seasons as well. Stafford didn't win ANY playoff games until much later.

Im not saying Dak is Manning or Brees, but they turned out pretty good after 5 or 6 years of not being "great" starting out..... let's see what Dak can do.
PManning was great from the start and everyone knew it.

Light came on for Brees in season 5.

Haimerej

Reaction score
PManning was great from the start and everyone knew it.

Light came on for Brees in season 5.

Seemed to have better numbers in season 4. Brees was playing Martyball to start his career.

shabazz

Reaction score
Only he is. Prescott is in the top 10, which for some reason pisses people off and translates to he's elite.

not a bad point. What’s sad is that the current crop of other qbs is the worst we’ve seen in a long while and the disparity from the top half and the bottom half is a large chasm

Some here do state that he’s elite……I’d say above average and that ain’t bad except when he’s paid elite money that of course effects the salary cap and the support that can be added to the team.

Reactions: G2

shabazz

Reaction score
It was so much elite talent on the offense in 2016 that they won 4 games the year prior and 3 of them was because of Romo.

The one important thing that Dakota had was the nfls best offensive line which allowed him to learn the game at a slower speed. Most rookie qbs in their first season don’t have that luxury, and I’m glad he had that.

I believe there’s been improvement in Rayne ability to read and recognize, and release throws quicker,which has allowed him to compensate for less time before the pocket breaks down…..should be able to go deeper in the playoffs with an improved rushing game and an improving defense