Video: Undisputed - "There's no way Dak Prescott is a Top 10 QB!

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm not a coward meet me at the Dak Prescott Losers foundation building at 2 P.M. and you will regret your words!!!:muttley:

8d748dd40d179abcea61bd567b2297176ad06812.gifv
Really don’t need hollow stats to back up what your eyes can see.

GINeric

Reaction score
Really don’t need hollow fantasy football stats to back up what your eyes should be able to see.

And i agree with you on that, however..... recently NFL execs, players from all around the league, coaches and scouts ALL just said Dak is a top 10 quarterback.

Now these guys are paid millions to do what they do in the NFL.... you don't think their eyes work???

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll say it like this... it takes the whole entire organization from top to bottom to be successful. Quarterbacks get too much praise for wins and get too much blame for losses.

But for some reason, some of Cowboys own fans give Dak blame for ALL Cowboys losses, and zero credit for any of the Cowboys wins. **** is hilarious bro!!!
So....how do you break down a players performance? How do you determine how valuable a player is?

QB touches the ball every offensive play. runs the offense like a field general. He's the only player that can change the play after a read or hunch. Should he not get a majority of credit and blame? It's been said one of Dak's biggest asset is a "leader". That has to mean something...to mean anything.

" "some" cowboys fans"? Like 2 or 3?

GINeric

Reaction score
So....how do you break down a players performance? How do you determine how valuable a player is?

QB touches the ball every offensive play. runs the offense like a field general. He's the only player that can change the play after a read or hunch. Should he not get a majority of credit and blame? It's been said one of Dak's biggest asset is a "leader". That has to mean something...to mean anything.

I don't care how many times the quarterback touches the ball, he can't make people stop committing penalties that create longer drives.... he can't make his defense make key stops when we need to get the ball back in his hands...

He can't make coaches develop the ability to make mid-game adjustments.... he cant make his GM draft the right players.... he can't make coaches develop clock management skills.

Yes the quarterback has more control than any other player ON OFFENSE during the game... but a quarterback can throw for 500 yards, with 6 tds and his team can still lose the game. Its not 100% ALL on the quarterback win or lose.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care how many times the quarterback touches the ball, he can't make people stop committing penalties that create longer drives.... he can't make his defense make key stops when we need to get the ball back in his hands...

He can't make coaches develop the ability to make mid-game adjustments.... he cant make his GM draft the right players.... he can't make coaches develop clock management skills.

Yes the quarterback has more control than any other player ON OFFENSE during the game... but a quarterback can throw for 500 yards, with 6 tds and his team can still lose the game. Its not 100% ALL on the quarterback win or lose.
That sounds a lot like Romo!

You can say what you want....but the QB has the most control of any player on the team.....defense included. It's true...if every player screwed up just once...the offense isn't going anywhere...BUT! we simply have to face the fact that...Everything on offense revolves around him. "Leader" has to inspire players to do their jobs...not just buy them new Nikes.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
And i agree with you on that, however..... recently NFL execs, players from all around the league, coaches and scouts ALL just said Dak is a top 10 quarterback.

Now these guys are paid millions to do what they do in the NFL.... you don't think their eyes work???
I would agree that he’s probably top 10.Past the top 10-12 it’s very watered down QB talent.He works extremely hard at his craft, but the fact remains he just doesn’t have top flight talent.He’s not a great thrower,runner,or processor.He is what he is, above average QB who has been surrounded by decent talent who can’t get it done in the biggest moments.I know football is a team game, but once in a while you just have to be able to make a play when everything isn’t perfect around you.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

And the point of your post was?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the point of your post was?
Gin has been battling some Dak..."haters". He kept using the "it's a team game". It would seem in an effort to ward off criticism.

At some point you have to break off "team game" concept and i was trying to find that point with Gin.

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm not a coward meet me at the Dak Prescott Losers foundation building at 2 P.M. and you will regret your words!!!:muttley:

8d748dd40d179abcea61bd567b2297176ad06812.gifv
Look out!!!! Pappy gonna slobber on you n try to slip you the tongue!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
In the end - Allen's team lost to the Chiefs; Burrows' team defeated the Chiefs.
Both played great. Difference was, Cincy had a great DLine that harrassed Mahomes into subpar play. BUFF did not. Yet another example of D winning playoff games.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Gin has been battling some Dak..."haters". He kept using the "it's a team game". It would seem in an effort to ward off criticism.

At some point you have to break off "team game" concept and i was trying to find that point with Gin.
there is no argument that Dak is not elite. but I don't get the constant hate neither. is he good enough to build a team around that can compete for the superbowl? yes. is Jones good enough to be able to do that. 28 years says no. he couldn't do it with Romo, Dak, Bledsoe, or anybody else. the issue is not just Dak, getting an elite QB is tough and that's why teams pay $500M to keep them when they find them. that's why they make 55M/season or more. but finding one is almost like a lottery. shouldn't we try? yes. but its a question of do we try with a QB we have who is good and not elite (this is not an argument of where he ranks) or do we just dump everything, get a top 5 pick and hope its not baker mayfield or Turbisky.....Allen was one of 4 QBs selected his year....meaning 3 failed. badly......

teams have made superbowl with non elite to average QBs. its not impossible. it happens a lot (not as much as having an elite QB), although having an elite QB is not a gaurantee neither, see rodgers who hasn't been there in 10+ years, Marino made it once, Brees once, etc.. so yes the QB carries a higher burden, but not all the burden and that's the point. does having an Elite QB give you a better chance and probability? heck yes. but how do you find one?

I have yet to hear any Dak hater answer that questions except for we should draft one? we almost drafted Lynch...glad we didn't. and like I said, top 10 is no gaurantee. so moving forward, does it seem easier or more probable to build a team around Dak (offense and defense) that can compete? or is it more probable to find an elite QB?

ESisback

Reaction score
I am confident to say that minds have been changed and posts will show accordingly.

24 pages show, without equivocation, that we are willing to debate and some minds have been shown The Way.
I'm glad we've had this pagan ritual.

Should have painted my face and offered an insane amount of liquor.

It works better that way.
An insane amount of liquor? YOU have a future, young man!

ESisback

Reaction score
Well... I came up with 11 in less than 6 seconds I would take before Dak for sure... in no particular order.

Herbert
Mahomes
Carr
Brady
Burrow
Allen
Wilson
Murray
Stafford
Jackson
Rodgers
Honestly, it took me about 28 seconds, but I chose 9 off this list.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
there is no argument that Dak is not elite. but I don't get the constant hate neither. is he good enough to build a team around that can compete for the superbowl? yes. is Jones good enough to be able to do that. 28 years says no. he couldn't do it with Romo, Dak, Bledsoe, or anybody else. the issue is not just Dak, getting an elite QB is tough and that's why teams pay $500M to keep them when they find them. that's why they make 55M/season or more. but finding one is almost like a lottery. shouldn't we try? yes. but its a question of do we try with a QB we have who is good and not elite (this is not an argument of where he ranks) or do we just dump everything, get a top 5 pick and hope its not baker mayfield or Turbisky.....Allen was one of 4 QBs selected his year....meaning 3 failed. badly......

teams have made superbowl with non elite to average QBs. its not impossible. it happens a lot (not as much as having an elite QB), although having an elite QB is not a gaurantee neither, see rodgers who hasn't been there in 10+ years, Marino made it once, Brees once, etc.. so yes the QB carries a higher burden, but not all the burden and that's the point. does having an Elite QB give you a better chance and probability? heck yes. but how do you find one?

I have yet to hear any Dak hater answer that questions except for we should draft one? we almost drafted Lynch...glad we didn't. and like I said, top 10 is no gaurantee. so moving forward, does it seem easier or more probable to build a team around Dak (offense and defense) that can compete? or is it more probable to find an elite QB?

We need to have some middle ground here. Or some sort of truce. The poison from this bickering back and forth like middle school children is bad for our community. Each "side" equally guilty.

What it odes it force augments between people who really have none, as it "spills over".

I think admin should judiciously force a few ignore functions and the board will go on splendidly.

ESisback

Reaction score
It all comes down to this…it’s a TEAM GAME!

There is a long list of QBs that are worse than Dak that have played in Super Bowls. There is also a long list of QBs that are better than Dak that haven’t. TEAM!

Reactions: G2

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Regardless of opinions on Dak— which everyone is entitled to have— the FACT is that this is a HUGE year for him.

The pressure is on him in a big way to at least lead the team deep into the playoffs and deliver the goods. If the team does not achieve that, Dak will continue to face mounting criticism— and rightfully so as he took the bag of cash— and expectations are set that he is able to compete and win at the highest level.

Time to put up or shut up

ESisback

Reaction score
Regardless of opinions on Dak— which everyone is entitled to have— the FACT is that this is a HUGE year for him.

The pressure is on him in a big way to at least lead the team deep into the playoffs and deliver the goods. If the team does not achieve that, Dak will continue to face mounting criticism— and rightfully so as he took the bag of cash— and expectations are set that he is able to compete and win at the highest level.

Time to put up or shut up

Pressure? Criticism? I could handle it for 140 million.