FEATURED *** Undrafted Rookie Free Agent Discussion Thread ***

zekecowboy

Reaction score
4.57 seconds

Jalen Brooks has great physical traits, standing at 6’1″ and weighing 209 pounds. A little slow for a wide receiver, running a 4.57-second 40-yard dash, he relies on his natural hands and his strength.

4.47 seconds

This past season, Barbon caught 72 passes for 918 yards and two touchdowns. Barbon ran a 40-meter dash time of 4.47 seconds and leaped a distance of 10 feet, 8 inches in the broad jump at Temple's pro day on March 23.

4.40-seconds

Jalen Moreno-Cropper runs official 4.40-second 40-yard dash at 2023 combine. Fresno State Bulldogs wide receiver Jalen Moreno-Cropper runs the 40-yard dash at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine.

4.46-seconds

Durden meets many of the Patriots' standards athletically thanks to his 4.46-second 40, a 37-inch vertical and a 10-foot-7 broad jump.

Carson

Reaction score
4.57 seconds

Jalen Brooks has great physical traits, standing at 6’1″ and weighing 209 pounds. A little slow for a wide receiver, running a 4.57-second 40-yard dash, he relies on his natural hands and his strength.

4.47 seconds

This past season, Barbon caught 72 passes for 918 yards and two touchdowns. Barbon ran a 40-meter dash time of 4.47 seconds and leaped a distance of 10 feet, 8 inches in the broad jump at Temple's pro day on March 23.

4.40-seconds

Jalen Moreno-Cropper runs official 4.40-second 40-yard dash at 2023 combine. Fresno State Bulldogs wide receiver Jalen Moreno-Cropper runs the 40-yard dash at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine.

4.46-seconds

Durden meets many of the Patriots' standards athletically thanks to his 4.46-second 40, a 37-inch vertical and a 10-foot-7 broad jump.
I love Cropper. I feel he is an excellent practice squad candidate. He needs to polish his route running but can definitely play.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
They got him.

They shoulda drafted him. This is the crap that pisses me off cause every smart fan here knows hes gonna make the team and you coulda lost him in the 6-7th if someone else took him. They shoulda just drafted him over some bum WR who will not make the team. Lucky we got him.

Reactions: Ken

Carson

Reaction score
They shoulda drafted him. This is the crap that pisses me off cause every smart fan here knows hes gonna make the team and you coulda lost him in the 6-7th if someone else took him. They shoulda just drafted him over some bum WR who will not make the team. Lucky we got him.
Pretty sure a lot of these guys have gentleman’s agreements via their agent not to draft them and let them go where they want. 7th rounders typically make about $750K.

For example, Brock Purdys contact last year drafted as the last pick was only guaranteed $77,012. For example Dallas signed both Hunter Luepke and OT Earl Bostick Jr. who were both guaranteed at least $200,000.

Like in free agency it’s all about the guaranteed money

Carson

Reaction score
As usual, the FO realizes how stacked we are at the Qb position so no need to get a top UNFA quarterback at this time

our current QBs are an embarrassment of riches
Teams typical go into camp with 3-4 guys. Free agents that want to make a team knows Dallas likely isn’t the place to.

Now kicker on the other hand, how do we have 0 kickers lol. We will sign Mason Crosby when he is released.

shabazz

Reaction score
Teams typical go into camp with 3-4 guys. Free agents that want to make a team knows Dallas likely isn’t the place to.

Now kicker on the other hand, how do we have 0 kickers lol. We will sign Mason Crosby when he is released.
Agree, but some of the UDFA quarterbacks were plenty good to be career backups and with Cooper Rush here, it increases their odds to do so…..ECU Holton Aihlers is just one example but Pete Caroll signed him to the Seahawks.

It’s as if this FO views roster areas of need and urgency a lot different than the other 31 teams owners.

garyv

Reaction score
I know he's the top FB in draft but why do you think he automatically makes the team. The Cowboys have went before with no FB

Ken

Reaction score
I can't argue with that. They got him though, that is what matters!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't think anyone mentioned these two CB's that have unofficially agreed to sign with Dallas:

Myles Brooks, Louisiana Tech 6'1, 201
D'Angelo Mandell, BYU 6-1, 192

CCBoy

Reaction score
Overview
Athletic tackle who currently offers more in pass protection than he does as a run blocker. Bostic has quick feet and good length, but he lacks play strength in his upper half. He’s quick to the spot as a lateral blocker and is smooth when asked to pull. He has trouble neutralizing and sustaining base blocks in front of him and doesn’t play with enough grit at the point of attack. His pass protection features a quality mirror and good redirection against athletic rushers, but he’ll need to sit and anchor more consistently to earn a role as an NFL swing tackle.
Strengths
  • Athletic tackle with experience at tight end.
  • Accelerates as a lateral blocker to capture the outside shoulder.
  • Shuffles feet through contact to find block-sealing position.
  • Keeps reaching and poking with his arm length in protection.
  • Mirrors pass rusher with rapid slides.
  • Redirects to inside movement without a hitch.
  • Able to open hips and recover with relative ease.
Weaknesses
  • Plays with low-burn energy as a run blocker.
  • Missing play strength to command blocks at point of attack.
  • Gets into space with upright posture and tall pads.
  • Lacks feel for angles up to linebackers.
  • Quick to turn outside half to rusher and open inside pathway.
  • Gets rolled back into the pocket by bull rushers.
He's trainable and a year in conditioning he'll be alright. Now, can he develop his anger up by thinking daily...Carter and Davis!